Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

To find a good cars value? THESAMBA, KBB, NADA, ??
I generally do an average on thesamba.
Yes I did a search, on this forum, but LOL that can take years.
Thank you in advance.
Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

The asks on Samba are probably 2x TMV, in aggregate

I’m swagging that totally, but I doubt that is far off

There are realistically priced cars but many outliers of dreamers.
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

Im already retired so im not looking for another retirement program BIG BUCKS.
I prefer to sell within the state of CA. No over seas unless they have a representative to deal with that shit. My price will be affirmative, little wiggle room, as seen, as in.
LOL am i being to picky? Cool

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

If you're looking for maximum dollars with no care for how long it takes to sell, use the average Samba classifieds as a guide for your pricing. If you actually would like to sell in two months or less, price it initially at 80% of Samba classifieds and drop it by 5% every week it doesn't sell.
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

Mukluk...sound logical advise thanks
Mukluk = wool knitted slippers?
Thanks
Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

aa390392 wrote:
Mukluk = wool knitted slippers?

N-1B Mukluk = the reason I still have toes Laughing
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

This might be a good start to see what cars have sold for

https://bringatrailer.com/volkswagen/beetle/

You might also check sold/completed listings on eBay.

Speaking as a buyer, I always appreciate when sellers post numerous, high resolution, large format photos of the more critical areas in an ad. Then, have a dropbox, photobucket, google cloud account, or similar that permits photo galleries to be shared. The more photos, the better - and honest pics. Not strategically angled photos that omit issues. TheSamba classifieds is a great place to start, since a concentration of VW enthusiasts peruse those. You can't beat the price, since it's FREE and you get up to 9 photos. But pull the trigger on a membership since it's super inexpensive and you'll get to post a bunch of pics in the ad. Start at a price your research of sold cars indicates is a market value for your car in its condition. If it is, it'll sell. If not, we'll make fun of you and rip you apart in the "whines"*ahem* you can always adjust your price Wink

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

If you are selling that Inca red Kab you should get top $$$. Thats a beaut i would love to have in my collection!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
Start at a price your research of sold cars indicates is a market value for your car in its condition. If it is, it'll sell. If not, we'll make fun of you and rip you apart in the "whines"*ahem* you can always adjust your price Wink

That ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ was great !!! After a rough day, I needed a good chuckle !!!! Laughing Laughing

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

I recently sold a 63 bug here. I priced it to sell and it went away in about a week . I got over a hundred emails, some from abroad. In the end a man came from 200 miles away and took it home. I priced it to sell some may have thought low but it went away. That’s the main point isn’t it?
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

Thanks Zund...

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

aa390392 wrote:
Im already retired so im not looking for another retirement program BIG BUCKS.
I prefer to sell within the state of CA. No over seas unless they have a representative to deal with that shit. My price will be affirmative, little wiggle room, as seen, as in.
LOL am i being to picky? Cool

don't discount overseas buyers. it can be a pain, but I sold a bus pretty much the same day to a guy in the UK. funny thing was I posted it as a joke to see if I could make the piss and moan threads. it actually sold Shocked

his email sounded a bit scam like, but for some reason I played along. was paid in 2 days and he had a hauler here in like 4 days after payment.

depending on your level of 'don't want to deal' you could always have someone broker a sale but not sure what the going rate for that is

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

I sold both 67's blue one to a flipper, Savannah beigh went to a great family in San Diego.
Now I can focus on my 3 ovals.
Tomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

aa390392 wrote:
I sold both 67's blue one to a flipper, Savannah beigh went to a great family in San Diego.
Now I can focus on my 3 ovals.
Tomas

Did it take you almost one year to sell those two '67s? Confused
Are you planning to relocate to Mexico, which might explain your name change from Thomas to Tomás? Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Question, I'm thinking of thinning my herd, where is best place Reply with quote

Good catch Randal,, the 67's both took about 5 weeks..sold the blue 1st off, took the Savannah off for a couple of weeks..then sold to a great VW couple in San Diego.
Tomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: