Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Nice deals on Eurovans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellioup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

Let me know if y’all see any around the Southwest (located in Santa Fe). Trying to get my hands on one but every time I reach people usually don’t follow up.
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

https://rockies.craigslist.org/rvs/d/steamboat-springs-1999-eurovan-full/7192020869.html

$22.5k seems pretty good.
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
banjojon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

Hi-

I found a 2003 EuroVan GLS for $8995 with about 175,000 on it. The timing belt has been changed but the transmission is original.
Seems like a good deal and I’ve been looking for a van for a long time- vanagon or EuroVan.

I’m afraid to jump in because don’t want to have to replace the transmission!
Also- just how long will these engines run with good tlc?

Here’s to wanting one and being afraid to pull the trigger-

Thanks-

Jon
EuroTec
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

banjojon wrote:
Hi-

I found a 2003 EuroVan GLS for $8995 with about 175,000 on it. The timing belt has been changed but the transmission is original.
Seems like a good deal and I’ve been looking for a van for a long time- vanagon or EuroVan.

I’m afraid to jump in because don’t want to have to replace the transmission!
Also- just how long will these engines run with good tlc?

Here’s to wanting one and being afraid to pull the trigger-

Thanks-

Jon

Pretty sure you have a V6 with a timing chain in that van.

I just bought a 2003 Eurovan MV for $9K with 188K miles on it. Transmission was low on fluid due to oil cooler leak. I just installed the aftermarket dipstick added a quart of fluid and it shifts fine. I plan on changing fluid, filter, shift solenoids and installing a larger transmission oil cooler in front of the radiator. Easy for me because I own a repair shop. Trans seems to shift ok.

Get a shop to do a pre-purchase inspection. Have them drain a bit of trans fluid. The color and smell will tell the story.
View user's profile Send private message Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
banjojon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

Thanks- that’s helpful.

Does the MV you bought have the pop top? If so, I need to keep
Looking because the one I’m looking at is a tin top!
Youroldvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

campism wrote:
Spotted these two at a car lot on U.S.17 near Bealeton VA.

Blue '01 MV for about $12K and a red '00 pax for $4K.

Crying or Very sad It was a deal. Blue '01 MV WE sold Thursday Oct 8 for $9k. 130k miles, one owner, no mechanical problems. I was too late.
streamr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

https://okaloosa.craigslist.org/cto/d/santa-rosa-beach-2001-vw-eurovan/7200441705.html

Not mine, I drove 6 hours to take a look at it the other day. His description is not quite clear enough on condition. I will say, mechanically really good, quiet engine, new transmission, brakes, AC, battery, tires plus a bunch of other receipts. Cosmetically it is definitely challenged. Dents, faded paint, sagging headliner, dirty inside (he's a woodworker), missing weather-stripping among a few million other things. I passed since I couldn't get past the cosmetics. He is hot to sell so I think it could be had for a few grand less.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

Whatcha guys think?

2002 Eurovan MV Weekender.
145k on chassis.
Engine rebuilt 4k miles ago, VR6 204hp.
Transmission: Factory VW new transmission
Poptop is in nice shape. Everything seems to function as intended.

Has dent in slider door, door card on slider door is missing. Few small dents on body.

Asking $15k, located in Colorado. No rust issues.

Thoughts?

Sam

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

Good price and the best year.
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

The van actually belongs to a family I used to work for, they reached out to me because they knew I was a VW guy.

I’ve been looking for late Vanagons for travel, and though the Eurovan doesn’t look as cool, the modernization makes it extremely appealing.

Sam

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
Abscate wrote:

The van actually belongs to a family I used to work for, they reached out to me because they knew I was a VW guy.

I’ve been looking for late Vanagons for travel, and though the Eurovan doesn’t look as cool, the modernization makes it extremely appealing.

Sam

Having owned and driven every Bus except a BarnDoor, the T4 is by far the best.
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

'94 Canadian Westfalia in Boulder, CO. $23.5k maybe a bit high, but the Canadian Westy looks like a nice traveling setup. https://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/d/lyons-1994-vw-eurovan-cv-westfalia/7267229555.html
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
streamr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

Broseph Stalin wrote:
$23.5k maybe a bit high

I like that layout, and it may be a little high since you'll spent a grand or more on tires and AC. There was one in Texas last Spring with an asking price of $8K with lower miles.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

Really like those seat covers
shenan-agon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

This looks like a great deal:
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/portland-2003-eurovan-weekender/7301036483.html
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

shenan-agon wrote:
This looks like a great deal:
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/portland-2003-eurovan-weekender/7301036483.html

11k for a Westie which needs timing chain, great find for those who can wrench and not just bolt on.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

Cheap parts van in NH.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/884576175634150
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

EV camper in PA needs engine reassembly completed. This might be a super deal for the right person. MANUAL TRANS.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/823727424883034

Interior and exterior beautiful. New tires and pop-up top lining. Working sink, propane burner, water pump for shower, fold out bed, and extra bed above. Standard transmission. 5 Cyl. ODOM Miles: 137,412. Title: Clean. Head gasket blew in California and was resurfaced there. Then transported to Beaver, PA. Owner partially rebuilt engine. Block was machined at Bolen’s in Beaver PA. Block is installed with new pistons and rings. Head needs to be installed along with Radiator, Hoses, and Belts. All parts (most new) and Repair Manuals included. New detachable roof rack bars. Currently has a head gasket nut behind freeze plug in Block. Sliding Side door handle mechanism sticks. Handyman project or mechanic’s delight. Great investment. Currently garaged in Pittsburgh.
scott_79bay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

I'm going to look at this this morning, what do you all think? I still have my 79 but will be putting it up soon, and want a family toy. I no longer care if it was a great deal, I bought it.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/seattle-1993-vw-eurovan-weekender/7348277728.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Nice deals on Eurovans Reply with quote

EV for parts in OH.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/647759546618403
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: