Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Soundproofing inside front firewall and wiper motor lubrication
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Soundproofing inside front firewall and wiper motor lubrication Reply with quote

Ronzo_volvo_guy wrote:
jlrftype7;

Felt oil reservoir is really only for Centrifugal Advance lubing...oil cup is for Bushing Reservoir oil...big diff! If they did away with oil cup, I wonder how the bushing was intended to be kept lubed...?

Reference: http://www.sw-em.com/Volvo%20Ignition%20from%20Scratch.htm#Distributor_Lubrication

Cheers
Yes, I already knew this, just pointing out what Vanagons have since you asked in the post.
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
a2wolfsburggli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Soundproofing inside front firewall and wiper motor lubrication Reply with quote

table wrote:
After years of having a non-operating defrost fan, I finally have the dash out. It really wasn’t that bad!

I have a serous case of while-I’m-in-there-itis though….

I saw some photos here somewhere of the sound deadening someone had applied in front of the HVAC air distribution box. I can’t find them now. (Yes I tried the search!) Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, I’m trying to see where I’d lubricate the wiper motor and linkage. Do people go so far as to remove it or just squirt some lube in the linkage bushings?

Thanks!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=734373&highlight=

Past: '09 CC 3.6L 4motion "R36 wannabe" | '02 Audi TT "ALMS Edition" | '84 Jetta GLI with Autotech Supercharger | '89 Helios Jetta GLI 16v's (x2) | '95.5 URS6 | and the list goes on.

Never underestimate the entertainment value of OCD overruling Common Sense
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Soundproofing inside front firewall and wiper motor lubrication Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:
3M Hi-Strength 90 Spray Adhesive

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40069424/
Thanks!
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: