Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Miroan Werks / DubFab - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saint76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / [email protected] , [email protected] Reply with quote

VW Republic car club, Michael Anderson of DubFab, in Hurricane a ring 435-256-5432 or Email [email protected]

435-222-0922

Both numbers pulled from his business listings
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
66uno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / [email protected] , [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered parts from Dubfab. At first, I did not receive them. Finally, I decided to search for his phone number and found this forum discussion, which freaked me out.

I did not know that Mike was experiencing a family emergency.

I did receive my parts and they look to be if very high quality and were well packed.

Mike had initially said he would advise me to the axle lengths and give me valuable advice on the install. He cited two different axle lengths I could use.

I am still confused about how to do this conversion. And though I have searched repeatedly, I cannot find a detailed explanation. I am assembling parts. I don’t want to miss anything. I am not going to attempt it myself. So, I will be relying on my mechanic and his time is expensive. I am trying to make sure I gave everything before we proceed.

I have 1970’s era backing plates, all the brake hardware and wide five thing drums.

Can anyone supply a helpful link or other information, especially relating to dubfab parts?

Mike has been very pleasant to work with but I fear his life is a bit too hectic right now. I do think he is trying to do the right thing and would like to extend a bit of grace. These are very, very difficult times we are living under. My wife has lost three clients to this virus.

I hope all of us may stay safe.
doyoulikecherris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / [email protected] , [email protected] Reply with quote

Well here we are with a problem.

I ordered a bagged narrowed beam in January of 2020.

When i ordered the beam i was told it was going to be two weeks to receive.

Here we are in June and still no beam.

I have had multiple phone calls, a couple emails, and text.

Mike was responding at first but now it is dead silence.

I've tried calling three times this week, emailed another two times, and texted 2 times.

I think the thing that pissed me off the most is that i paid in full upfront for parts that were highly recommended by a world known builder here in Florida.

Wagenswest pulled me around for 6 months on a rear suspension, and now i'm getting dicked around again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
doubledoor64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / [email protected] , [email protected] Reply with quote

I’ve had dealings with Michael. He’s a good dude building high end custom suspension by himself. It takes time, but also do the other high end builders. I have had a good overall purchasing experience with him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / [email protected] , [email protected] Reply with quote

The guys a crook. Call your credit card company before it’s too late.

I’ve been waiting six years.
phatbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / [email protected] , [email protected] Reply with quote

I saw a post on The Samba’s fb page about this, and came here to search it. I had never heard of issues with this shop.

For what it’s worth, back in ~August 2018 DubFab was recommended to me by a trusted local friend & shop here in Vegas, after WagensWest wasn’t going to be able to do a beam for 6+ months.

I reached out to Mike via the contact info on the site with questions in advance of submitting my order. He was incredibly helpful and responsive, asking about my application and future plans (wheels). I ended up ordering a 3.25” narrowed beam & tie rods. Paid up front, and I let him know I’d pick it up when it’s ready (only a couple hours one way from Vegas).

It was ready within 2 weeks, and I picked it up as planned, with no issues throughout the process.

I’m sorry to hear of all the problems folks have had. Sucks. Figured I’d add my input.
OlinsVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / DubFab - [email protected] Reply with quote

Still waiting for my static narrowed beam set up. Ordered it from DUBFAB and spoke to Michael Anderson on Oct 2020. Paid it in full. Its been 9 months now. No Beam, no refund and no replies or any type of communication. I wish I knew about Michael’s character.
GarryA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / DubFab - [email protected] Reply with quote

I called and talked to him personally.
He said he had the parts I wanted in stock.
Made an order online right after the call.
My credit card was charged.
I was sent an email saying that I would be notified when they shipped.
Nothing was ever shipped.
It has been almost two months now.
He does not return my calls or my direct messages or texts.
I get no response from his web site.
I feel like I have been DubFabbed.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / DubFab - [email protected] Reply with quote

GarryA wrote:

Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / DubFab - [email protected] Reply with quote

GarryA wrote:

I’ve been waiting seven years.
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / DubFab - [email protected] Reply with quote

I was surprised to see this thread pop up. Probably close to two years ago, I sent. Dubfab an email through his Instagram account requesting payment from him when he ripped me off all those years ago. Surprisingly, he sent me a paypal for what he owed me!
Don't give up. Don't let him slide either. With the type of work he's doing, he Must have some money coming in.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stevie Fierce
Samba Landscaper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / DubFab - [email protected] Reply with quote

June 16, 2020 is when I paid Mike from Dubfab a 50% deposit for a front and rear air ride system for my 71 baywindow. We spoke on the phone several times and corresponded many times through Instagram messages. Covid happened and I understood there was a materials shortage that I fully understood and complained never once.
Around October 1, 2020 I was doing a cross country drive in another baywindow I had just purchased. I reached out to Mike and he invited me to his shop. He was an awesome guy and even adjusted my steering box for me.
These days he has completely ghosted me. He doesn't answer his phone. He doesn't respond to any Instagram messages, even though he has products posted on there for sale (Including air beams). A couple of months ago he posted on Instagram pictures of all the raw materials for these air beams. I was excited assuming mine would be one of them. None of those apparently were mine.

Does anyone have any advice for me here? Any way of getting ahold of this guy outside of flying to Utah? Does anyone know of any other shops producing air beams? I don't care about price. I care about quality and customer service. My bus has been sitting for literally two years because of this. Any help is appreciated.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Callook59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / DubFab - [email protected] Reply with quote

January 2023. I ordered a set of 4” WELDED dropped spindles from Michael at Dubfab, for my 62 Double Cab.

It took about 2 weeks from the time that I shipped my stock cores out, to receiving them back in the dropped configuration. These are so much better than typical flipped spindles!

Communication was GREAT! He sent me pictures of the entire build process from disassembly, inspection, welding and reassembly.

The welds look strong and it looks like he properly pre-heat before welding. Awesome product, turn around time and customer service from my experience. I’m looking forward to buying more from Dubfab. Thanks Michael! @shaggysjunk

56 Oval Window 2175 turbo
56 Euro Karmann Ghia
62 Double Cab
70 Bug convertible (my first car)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Poppawoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / DubFab - [email protected] Reply with quote

Still at it!! Michael Anderson is still not coming up with parts and not giving people their money back.

I ordered a 6"airbeam and rear air kit in January 2021. I gave him every chance to come up with my parts. I stood up for him to EVERYONE that said he was taking me for a ride. It was not in his vw either. I did receive my rear air kit and those parts are very nice. Flash forward to the end of November 2023. I had finally had it. I pulled the plug and said enough is enough . Now it's the end of March. The only time he's contacted me, is when I sent messages to Bill and George T letting them know what the guy they talk of so highly of is up to. THEN he leaves me messages. Still have not seen a penny for the airbeam. I will update if there is a change in my situation, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Yesterday 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Miroan Werks / DubFab - [email protected] Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
GarryA wrote:

I’ve been waiting seven years.

I’m still waiting. I think it’s been a decade now?

He either owes me a good solid core ‘55-57 bus front seat frame or $1000.

I don’t care which but I did already buy a seat and the cash would cover what it cost me.

My PayPal email is [email protected]

I’m super easy to make happy. He could PayPal me in minutes of his time but apparently he’s too busy counting his stack of cash.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Jump to:
Page 32 of 32

Jump to: