Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

really think the end is near for a lot of us
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THIS OR IT'S GONE.

I bet it never makes it to page 2.

you know what Glenn, fuck it. just lock it up now. seriously. you're 100% right.

can't even have an adult conversation without it going off the rails here.

so many of us have our hands in motorsports etc it would be a life altering thing if it disappears tomorrow. my point was to bring attention to this and try and get some support for SEMA/RPM act.

guess i'm the bad guy for wanting this to go on for our kids in a sensible way.

i'll run my farm exemption until i'm shitting my diaper. i can still get my hands on some diabolical shit for now. that is at least until farms come into someone's radar.

i'll even continue to buy leaded gas for the old new holland haybine just because i can...

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

Yeah it's been quiet around here but what's to say?
I drive the car, it rusts slowly, not much changing.
Muffler had a huge hole in it for awhile, nobody said a word about it.
I haven't been hassled in like 10 years about anything.
60 year old cars driving around......not a thing to worry about except your own lack of crash safety. We are so far under the radar they don't even know what's going on. EPA don't care about antiques, at least not here.
Engine machining business has been SLAMMED, cannot keep up.
used car prices WAY up, but less diesel trucks. ok good. That's a little course correction. it WAS getting a bit out of hand. Also keep in mind the new stuff IS a lot better anyway. New cars and trucks don't need a lot of souping up. I never thought I'd say that but hey...... physics is physics, in 20 years the average vehicle now has twice the power but only 20% stickier tires...... ok job done. Lots of other things to soup up tho, LOTS man, TONS of work to be done. And it all needs paint too.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

Quote:

You do know that "adult conversations" means that there will be differing opinions right? Rolling Eyes
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

Not everything needs to be shared.
I suppose the real lesson is to learn when social media is a benefit to the cause of our hobby and when it's not.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
Glenn wrote:
KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THIS OR IT'S GONE.

I bet it never makes it to page 2.

you know what Glenn, fuck it. just lock it up now. seriously. you're 100% right.

so many of us have our hands in motorsports etc it would be a life altering thing if it disappears tomorrow. my point was to bring attention to this and try and get some support for SEMA/RPM act.

guess i'm the bad guy for wanting this to go on for our kids in a sensible way.

i'll run my farm exemption until i'm shitting my diaper. i can still get my hands on some diabolical shit for now. that is at least until farms come into someone's radar.

i'll even continue to buy leaded gas for the old new holland haybine just because i can...

Don,

There comes a time when things move on to the next thing.

Buggy whips come to mind. Soon trucks will be autonomous so everyone with a CDL will need to be retrained.

I'm a mainframe systems programmer and it's a quickly shrinking number of data centers that still run mainframes... it's all server farms.

I have (2) 2018 cars and i'm sure when it comes time to replace one, it will be electric.

The writing is on the wall and those that ignore it do so at their own peril.

BTW, my dad was a draftsman and if he lived past 1980 would of had to learn to use computer software instead of doing it by hand.

Technology... just look at Kodak.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

but look on the bright side...we got to page 2! Very Happy

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

Glenn

my point is it's one more freedom getting stripped. not all tunes are bad. not all mods are bad.

not sure if you follow right to repair stuff...but the right to repair something YOU purchased is almost non existent.

sadly it doesn't seem to sink in to many people.

i'm not afraid of technology change. if i were i wouldn't be in classes for ADAS right now.

electric cars? yawn....it's a motor and a battery. more of a challenge with VVT and whatnot.

i believe there has to be a middle ground.....not rip everything away from people. i also believe that the gross polluters SHOLUD be punished

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

This is really a game of Cat & Mouse.
But if the Mouse goes on his webcam and say's I did this in defiance of the Cat,
then the Mouse is just stupid.
If you cheat, you may get caught. If you cheat and brag about it, Then you will get caught.
As a side note Ca. Bi-anual Inspection will now be able to detect "chipped" motor vehicles.
Once I realized that if even there is a chance that if something bad is happening, or will happen to the children I know,
It became very hard not to consider changes in my behavior that could stop these things from happening.

P.S. There isn't any freedom being stripped here.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

You have the freedom to do whatever you want up until the point it affects someone else. If you want to mod your vehicle to go racing, then do it. Just keep it off the street.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:

I suppose the real lesson is to learn when social media is a benefit to the cause of our hobby ANYTHING and when it's not.

Fixt

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

People should be free to go dump bleach in the river? Spray chemical shit all over crops. How far do you go to say fuck the EPA? Without them you'd have unregulated, ignorant folks fucking up the planet.

So many ways to destroy the planet, which one should we choose? I highly doubt anyone will be going after your small potatoes spewing out your Chinese motorcycle exhaust pipe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

Oh boy Rolling Eyes

Just sign the petition

Your volkswagen is a pollutant. Hypocrites.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AutoMechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

I plead the 5th on this subject so I don’t get in trouble. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

consvws wrote:
People should be free to go dump bleach in the river? Spray chemical shit all over crops. How far do you go to say fuck the EPA? Without them you'd have unregulated, ignorant folks fucking up the planet.

So many ways to destroy the planet, which one should we choose? I highly doubt anyone will be going after your small potatoes spewing out your Chinese motorcycle exhaust pipe.

again the point was missed.

where did i ever say the EPA was bad? or as you put it, fuck the epa?

don't get me wrong.... i like clean air and water as much as the next guy. i think all these coal rollers/bro dozer asswipes should have their sack dragged across a rusty rasp and should be hit with fines and/or jail time for rolling coal.

i also think any riot that turns into burning cars/buildings should have EPA fines too, right? i mean if you're going to "bring it" may as well bring it all the way. if you willingly 'rolled coal' it's no different than willingly burning a building, right?

while we're at it, lets ban grills, camp fires, smoking weed, cigars, cigarettes, vaping. we can ban wood stoves, waste oil burners, outdoor wood boilers, lanterns, candles, fireworks. lets go for moonshine stills, airplanes and cargo ships

may as well ban propane, solder, brazing rod, torches and asphalt.... fuck it, ban it ALL!!

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

consvws wrote:

again the point was missed.

where did i ever say the EPA was bad? or as you put it, fuck the epa?

don't get me wrong.... i like clean air and water as much as the next guy. i think all these coal rollers/bro dozer asswipes should have their sack dragged across a rusty rasp and should be hit with fines and/or jail time for rolling coal.

i also think any riot that turns into burning cars/buildings should have EPA fines too, right? i mean if you're going to "bring it" may as well bring it all the way. if you willingly 'rolled coal' it's no different than willingly burning a building, right?

while we're at it, lets ban grills, camp fires, smoking weed, cigars, cigarettes, vaping. we can ban wood stoves, waste oil burners, outdoor wood boilers, lanterns, candles, fireworks. lets go for moonshine stills, airplanes and cargo ships

may as well ban propane, solder, brazing rod, torches and asphalt.... fuck it, ban it ALL!!

You forgot "passing gas".

Link

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

so.. didnt they ban alcoholic beverages way back when??..???and what happened??? they are banning thought, thiunking and many other things too...so what are we to doo?? fucket and do as Americans have always done.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

Mongol just pawn, in game of life. pretty much sums up the way I feel anymore. Life is change, I just would like more of it to make rational sense rather than being supported by sound bites.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

Quote:
oth EPA and IRS are currently HIRING like mad to refill those positions with people who will enact and enforce policies of the CURRENT administration.

They are both hiring like mad to repair the decimation of the previous administration

The estimates of tax cheating are in the range of 100B per year, almost all of it small business. That’s a lot of bananas.
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

The issues with the EPA is that we have only a few people who make decisions that affect everybody. Too many politicians that dont like gas and gas cars and think the green new deal is the answer, like the current admin. They can kiss my ass
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

we should be going nuclear not electric lol.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: