Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

JDT cars Inc. - [email protected] - Jose Perez
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: prezxz
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 01, 2024
sanderbing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: JDT cars Inc. - [email protected] - Jose Perez Reply with quote

We purchased a VW Bus Replica food truck from JDT Cars on October 2020, but it was not delivered until June 2021 (presumably due to COVID). The title and bill of sale were provided June 24, 2021.
Putting aside the misleading information Jose told us on the phone about how we could easily upgrade the motor to go faster and cruise "across the country" (which is untrue because the steering mechanism and suspension are not sufficient for highway travel), the vehicle is advertised on their website to go 55 MPH (www.jdtcars.com/vw-bus-food-truck-replica.html) but it only goes 20 mph on a straight and slows to less than 5 going up hill, with a full charge. We also asked in writing for windows on both sides, but windows were only put on one side. Finally, there is a faulty weld on the top of the cab and the instrument panel does not work. The company no longer responds to our contact.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: JDT cars Inc. - [email protected] - Jose Perez Reply with quote

Were you able to register that as a real car? They sell it as a brand new 2021 car?

I'd like to see pictures of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sanderbing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: JDT cars Inc. - [email protected] - Jose Perez Reply with quote

Sorry for our late response. ITs been a long time but we finally are able to use the bus. NO it was never approved for street use. It only goes 20 mph so the state would not consider it (although the website advertises that it will go 55 mph). And we had to replace the entire electrical system after the first time we tried to plug it in and it 'popped' and smoke came out the back. Then we found that the water pump for the sinks was cast iron. Normally cast iron pumps are only used for heating systems because they rust. So we had to replace all that. Luckily, we own the shopping plaza so we leave the vehicle there, but needless to say it is a great disappointment and nothing like what Jose at JDT Cars promised - nor anything like what is described on the website. Perhaps they will change the website, but we have copies if you want to see it.
And to top it all off, they are now threatening to sue us for liable. So that inspired me to update this site. Good luck and stay clear of JDT cars.
ps. ill get pictures for you too - and will be posting on JDTcarsSucks.Com when i get time to make it. You will be surprised how rusted the chrome is already and it hasn't even been 2 years.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sanderbing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: JDT cars Inc. - [email protected] - Jose Perez Reply with quote

Just a quick update - we sent all the info, including receipts for the new electrical system and plumbing. Jose got back to me with this message-

Bill,

We have been building our buses and cars since 1988 we have never encountered any problems or discussion with our clients. I talk to our board several times and I was able to bring your situation. We just received the new high output engine that can be use on the highway and let’s you drive up to 100 mph. We like to keep our clients happy. I spoke to our board and they authorize me to email you and offer you to upgrade the suspension and the higher speed engine for a discount price of course. Let me know if you are willing to work this out. We will give you a good price on the upgrade. I know you are good person and I will like to help. Call me and we can talk how to help you.

Thank you,
Jose Perez
www.JDTCARS.com
562-261-5183

To which my response was -

We paid for a vehicle that would go 55 MPH, that is what we expect and do not have any reason to pay anymore for it. Furthermore, there is still the issue of being reimbursed for the replacement of the electrical system, and water pump.

Of course, there was no response.

Moral of the story.... BEWARE JDT CARS!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: