Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Different Nankang series?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bstroop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Different Nankang series? Reply with quote

I've been searching for Nankang tires and haven't been able to find a similar series to match front and back.

Front 145r15 is CX668 series
Rear 185/65/15 Is XR611 series

Does anyone know where I can find a matching set? Or is it common to run different series?
bstroop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome......thanks for the help.
Lots of research before asking questions on my 2 posts.

I'll just wing it.
spotfreerynse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there , you can run same brands , but not in 145's they are pretty exclusive to a couple of manufactures I think , unless the rears are nankangs ... . Just go to a 145/65/15 or 155/60/15 in front , and find rears in the same brand . Hope This helps . FYI , Ive never had same brand all the way around . : )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bstroop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

I continued to search different brands and found a matching set of yokohama Envigor's that look pretty nice.

145/65 front
185/65 rear

Wheels, tires, spindles, tie rod ends, bearings etc. all showed up today. Can't wait to start.
GearHeadKeith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Different Nankang series? Reply with quote

The traditional Cal-Look set-up is 145SR15 (same as a 145/80R15) front and 165SR15 (165/80R15) rear. Three tires are currently available in this size combination:

Nankang CX668
Firestone F560 (sold by Coker Tire)
Micheline XZX (sold by Coker Tire)

If you want a 145/80R15 front tire, those are your choices.

If you can fit a wider front tire, a 175/65R15 front & 195/65R15 rear gives the same look (same overall diameters as 145/165) with a wider footprint. Continental used to make matched tiers in these sizes.
SSC trans with 3.78/2.25/1.48/1.04 & 4.12 Gleason R&P, Type IV output flanges, Berg Shifter
Topline front struts/springs/sway bar, Sway-a-Way rear bar, 4-wheel disc brakes
Owned since 1994: 3rd owner since new!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Slow 1200
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Different Nankang series? Reply with quote

I recently got 145s and 165s for my 67, they are Nankangs but instead of the CX668s they are "Econex", which have a different tread pattern
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: