Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My New 66
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SevenOaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject: My New 66 Reply with quote

I’m mostly a bus guy but I have just added this Bahama Blue ‘66 bug to the herd. It has a replacement DP 1600 (AH case), after market carb (EMPI) and Pertronix distributor. I may replace the carb and dizzy with rebuilt OG at some point. The first thing I did was remove those silly eyelids. There are a few very minor issues but I’ll get those cleaned up pretty quick and then my wife will probably lay claim to it. Rolling Eyes

Link

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Airstream65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

Very nice!
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

Nice example of 66, was it on TS?

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

Very nice, I love how careful the driver was off loading it from the transport. Smile
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

Judging by what we see in the garage it appears you are a VW guy😀
SevenOaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

aa390392 wrote:
Nice example of 66, was it on TS?

No, this one was found on classics.autotrader.com. I wasn’t having much luck with thesamba ads (getting no responses when I inquired) so I started doing google searches and this one popped up.
1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

nice car, great color.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

If the wife claims the 66. You're gonna have to choose which T2 gets relegated to the driveway! Lol.

I really like the color of your 66. Congrats!

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
SevenOaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
If the wife claims the 66. You're gonna have to choose which T2 gets relegated to the driveway! Lol.

Actually, no. A few years ago when I acquired the single cab I built a new garage just for the VWs (and a shop) and then expanded my home brewery in the now empty bay of the attached garage. After getting bitten by the bug bug I figured I could rearrange the brewery enough to fit a beetle into.

Here she is in her new home and a couple of more pics.

1966 Beetle
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

nice car, hope to see it around. a guy in pearland not on here I don't think just brought in a nice 65 as well

my first car was a Bahama blue 66 with a 1600DP
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Russ1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

Nice find! I see it's a California car.
That guy was careful backing it off the trailer. Applause
What transport company did you use ?
SevenOaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

Russ1967 wrote:
What transport company did you use ?

The broker I use is 4 Corners Transport. I used them before to bring the single cab here from Florida. Fast and competitive quotes and great communication.
fourcornerstransportservices.com
(360) 210-7665
The actual carrier this time was Transport VIP LLC - (832) 402-3243. They picked up in Southern California on Friday and delivered here in the Houston area on Monday. Jorge did a great job!
1966 Beetle
lhd65bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

Nice find; looks a nice car inside and out !
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

!966 is a fine vintage.
Over the years I've owned quite a few '66 automobiles---- a couple of Beetles, 2 '66 Lincolns, an Olds 98, a couple of Corvairs, a '66 T-Bird---maybe some I've forgotten.
And I got married in 1966 (still am).
Very Happy
SevenOaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

My first opportunity to get under the car was this morning when I did a valve adjustment. Much to my surprise and delight I discovered that the engine has been full-flowed Very Happy

1966 Beetle
grvwsic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

I envy the work area that you have.

My driveway is not big enough.

ShortyMedlock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

Looks like a nice car...

When I was hauling vintage cars across the US and Canada i saw lots of guys tear up stuff by simply being jerks.

I had one claim in three years on a custom Ghia aluminum bodied MB 280SL... the front valance was damaged. I had pix to show the damage before I loaded it. Still cost me my $1500 deductible when I turned in the claim to my insurance carrier.

Looks like your delivery guy took care of the car...rare today.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

grvwsic wrote:
My driveway is not big enough.

Holy sh*t dude, you can have a VW party just by yourself! Razz
SevenOaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

I’ve completed several small projects as parts have arrived.
I replaced the 3-point non-retractable seatbelts with retractable ones for the front seats and replaced the sun-faded taillight lenses with new Hella lenses and the rusty exhaust tips, too.

When I got the bug the horn was disconnected because when the key was turned on the horn sounded continuously. I fixed that with a new rubber grommet installed when I replaced the ignition switch. Both of those were known issues when I bought it. I also had to run a new wire down the steering column to complete the horn fix.

The glove box now springs open when I push the button with the new rubber bumpers.

I bought a hinge pin mounted side mirror for the passenger side since there was already a threaded hinge pin but the mirror wouldn’t install because the hinge pin would rotate when trying to tighten the nut. So after much research I got a new one-size-larger hinge pin and the reamer bit from Wolfsburg West. I know many have had big issues getting hinge pins out but I was very lucky and mine popped right out using the HF air hammer Very Happy

My Texas title arrived in the mail today so now I can finally get the car registered.
1966 Beetle
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: My New 66 Reply with quote

Looks good!
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: