Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 392, 393, 394 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:
stale air wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=Burgundy+Ron

Ill just leave this whole list here...

Actually bought something from him a couple of years ago. Needed a drivers side striker for a Ghia. Asked for better pics before ordering and was send worthless ones that didn’t show what I was asking for. Decided to roll the dice and what I got in was probably worse than what was on the car already. Contacted him on it and got some excuse that his nephew sent them and he promised a refund. Never heard from him again. Wasn’t worth the hassle to fight over $20. I wish there was some way to block certain vendors.

There's a classifieds ignore list
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=298960

Awesome
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
theduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Shocked So I didn't read all the post on here.So just my 2 cents.Do any of the sellers have a clue ,that their prices are more than a retail store.And I am talking apples for apples etc. Why would I buy Shocked form a private vendor,that sells parts as is,no returns etc.When a retail(most),will take returns etc. Cool .Thx,all.And KEEP ON BUGGING!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

No, sometimes people don't check.

There is a person on here that does that a lot with random "new in package" stuff that I believe they picked up cheap in bulk off eBay or at swap meets. They don't check prices and often try to list things for more than they cost new.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
theduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Shocked And the other thing is,many will not haggle.Yea I know ,it is their part. So like one vendor here said."If you don't like my prices,then to bad".It is just so jacked up cuz,many of these parts have been listed ,not for months,But years!! I usually buy form vendors I have developed a re pore with.So I just want to say this before others tell,"IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE,MOVE ON!".Thx,all,and keep on Bugging!!! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
edubb1976
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/saratoga-1967-bug-factory-sunroof/7358243465.html

Wow! 25k?
Murt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Does he mean $2.5k maybe ?
2017 Golf GTD saloon
2008 VW EOS 2.0 TFSi
theduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Shocked Hey it's in California,so therefore the price,hahahha Laughing
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

edubb1976 wrote:
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/saratoga-1967-bug-factory-sunroof/7358243465.html
Wow! 25k?

Wow - it looks like someone took a baseball bat (and other things to it). Perhaps shades of Carrie Underwood? His rare Sapphire VI radio is obviously mislabeled as a Sapphire IV (silly Bendix people!). Is a German adjustable beam better quality than an American one?

"Price is firm but willing to negotiate" - so.... *not* firm?
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

"This is a steal for a VW collector"

Rolling Eyes ROTF
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

It looks like it's already been stolen and vandalized.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
theduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Shocked So as I look for parts to get my son's 65 vert going.Only to find over priced parts that "STILL" ,need to be restored.My son asked why are the parts so costly,I replied,I been told it is the old supply and demand thing. Shocked Right?
CaliforniaVW3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Murt wrote:

Unfortunately I think he's serious. He lowered the price to $19,500.

I am beyond baffled lol
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

CaliforniaVW3 wrote:
Murt wrote:

Unfortunately I think he's serious. He lowered the price to $19,500.

I am beyond baffled lol

Maybe the problem is he thinks it’s worth double if it was fixed? Someone is delusional.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Someone’s a little full of themselves... Rolling Eyes

"1966 bug, former DKP car, fresh 2387, Berg 5, L87 white with Pigale red interior, deep 6's, 4.5...you know the deal and you know the car. No trades, no comments, no bullshit...you know who you are, you gave me shit on my vert...sucks to be you....get a life looser."

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2488770
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:

"1966 bug, former DKP car, fresh 2387, Berg 5, L87 white with Pigale red interior, deep 6's, 4.5...you know the deal and you know the car. No trades, no comments, no bullshit...you know who you are, you gave me shit on my vert...sucks to be you....get a life looser."

$29k for a sedan, one picture and a whole lot of attitude. Won’t last long.

Insulting language might sting more if he spelled “loser” correctly. Or is it irony of being called a loser by a loser?
klroger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Almost 30 large & only 1 pic??? As he said in the ad, who ever he's talking to already knows the deal & the car so I guess they only need the 1 pic...
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
sportin-wood wrote:

Insulting language might sting more if he spelled “loser” correctly. Or is it irony of being called a loser by a loser?

Sounds like he thought he could buy his way into the cool kids club- twice and failed. The car stopped being cool when the previous owner sold it.

If he rolled into my club acting like a shit for brains it wouldn't matter what he paid or drove- he wouldn't last long.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
a smith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:
sportin-wood wrote:

Sounds like he thought he could buy his way into the cool kids club- twice and failed. The car stopped being cool when the previous owner sold it.

If he rolled into my club acting like a shit for brains it wouldn't matter what he paid or drove- he wouldn't last long.

Serious question here, does buying a car previously owned by a member of club add to the appeal? Or the value? It would seem not in 99% of the cases. I might be wrong here.

Also count me among those put off by hostile or aggressive ads.
Sharp64 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

DKP (Der Kleiner Panzers) is considered one of the “elite” VW clubs on the West Coast. Infamously the cars are exceedingly clean as there is a certain standard the cars have to meet to be allowed in. If it is a “window car” which means it has the DKP logo on the rear window, it’s at an even higher standard. So buying a car that was a former DKP car would typically mean it’s been done and done well. At least that’s my understanding. Anyone can feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Last edited by Sharp64 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
DKP (Der Kleiner Panzers) is considered one of the “elite” VW clubs on the West Coast. Infamously the cars are exceedingly clean as there is a certain standard the cars have to meet to be allowed in. If it is a “window car” which means it has the DKP logo means is at an even higher standard. So buying a car that was a former DKP car would typically mean it’s been done and done well. At least that’s my understanding. Anyone can feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes Sir,
That's exactly what I remember from going to "Bug Ins" at OCIR in the '70s

Fast, and well sorted cars

ETA: From their website...

Quote:
DKP is open to clean, fast Street VWs in the spirit of the original California Look

DKP is open to normally-aspirated VW Bugs, Karmann Ghias and Type 3s, including later models.

Membership is open to enthusiasts from Southern California

The “Look” of the cars should abide by the following rules:

Quality: A high level of detailing inside, outside and under the decklid
Color: Tasteful, subtle and flawless one-color paintjob
Stance: In the typical California Look fashion, the front suspension should be lowered and the rear should remain at a stock height
Wheels: Selection limited to original models from the sixties and seventies (BRM, painted and polished EMPI five-spokes etc), early original painted and polished Porsche factory wheels (Fuchs, Gasburners etc), Center Lines and the high quality BRM-Flat 4s. No “fully polished” alloys
Tires: Tires must fit under the stock fenders. No low-profile tires. Slicks are welcome but not mandatory
Modifications: With the exception of of top-chops, dechroming, one-piece windows and dash alternatives (none of these being mandatory), body modifications are not allowed
Accessories: DKP is not a “Resto Cal” type of club, therefore emphasis should not be put on any certain type of accessory items. Be advised that the following accessories are not welcome: roofracks, headlight eyebrows, louvered aluminum pieces, unnecessary guards and whitewall tires. No billet accessories
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 392, 393, 394 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 393 of 422

Jump to: