Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Weird engine miss codes, no drivability issue
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mar-tay1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject: Weird engine miss codes, no drivability issue Reply with quote

Looking for some help with a problem Eurovan at work. Longtime customer that keeps up very well with servicing his van, he loves it and want to camp with his family without any issues but he gets a check engine light on for engine miss all cylinders without any noticeable engine miss. Its' driving him crazy, and now me too. It's around a 2000 VR6 and he wants to throw parts at it and I'm not crazy about that, just put a coil pack on because there was some corrosion on the primary terminals, and had wanted me to install a cam sensor in hopes maybe that was it, just guessing randomly. he also has an ECM to try..... We have also discussed injectors. Anyone out there have a problem like this, fuel adaption looks normal. Is it California gas? Seems to run good, already done the timing chain a couple years back. Thanks for any input.
jimbomitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Weird engine miss codes, no drivability issue Reply with quote

I have a 2000 EV that I bought from the original owner in 2014. I have been troubled with one code (P1582) that comes and goes since I had it. The van runs fine and fuel trims normal. I've thrown everything at it except the ECM which I bought, just haven't gotten around to swapping it yet. Van only has 50,000 on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: