Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hazet Tools w/photos
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kunal Verma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Thanks, Rolf. I did not know of Matador either until I came across this set at the auction. I picked it up due to it's exceptional condition.
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

HAZET 1966-1 - an impact hammer to remove disc brake pads, 2.3 lbs
(or as single spare parts 1966-0 hammer handle and 1966-01 clutch)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

In HAZET catalogues it is part of the "special and standard tools for Volkswagen" (but also for Mercedes, BMW, ...) and was avaiable from 1972 to 1992. First version from 1972 to 1985. The second version was available with "W-GERMANY" and later only "GERMANY". The clutch could be exchanged with 1966-02 (Fiat, Peugeot, others) or 1966-05 (clutch for Opel wipers).

only for my collection as nice to have - never needed to use them the past decades Wink

regards,
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hi, everyone,

HAZET 2590 torque wrench of the old shape from around 1958 to 1976.
(inscripts at the tool only a "DP", "Mp", "MADE IN GERMANY", "No 72/6" - no "HAZET" or "2590").

I got the information, that Hazet bought the torque wrench up to the in-house development around 1976 (successors like the 6121 CT). From whom, not known/told. Because Stahlwille not only had the 72/6, but also other torque range models such as 72/12 etc. and still has the product name Manoskop, it is obvious to me that the purchase was made at Stahlwille.

The handles (first with notches, later round without) and the 1/2 " end (first thickening on the tube, later without) changed over the years 1958-76. Stahlwille versions with the inscription "Manoskop" at the handles - the Hazet apparently without. The HAZET catalogs did not show this iteration - but there are other variants in the usage examples visible (e.g. 1969 and 1976 shorter handles - in a Mercedes of the early 60s).

Hazet catalog 1958:

regards
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello again,

HAZET 4501 from around 1969 to 1976.
This special measuring device for carburettors belonged in the 9-piece "4500/9" set to the HAZET workshop equipment for air-cooled VWs.

It is screwed onto the throttle valve shaft as an extension, the angle disk is fixed with a knurled screw and the free plumb weight with pointer shows the changes in angle of the shaft...

(the HAZET decals are self made)

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello,

for HAZET VW tool kits 2500 the hammers 2140-2 (weight 200 g) and 2140-5 (500 g) were usual.

Not sure if you could help me...
while searching for vintage old '70s HAZET hammers,
the old catalogues did not help very much, because the images are less detailed for identification.
Anybody with photos of old 2140 hammers of the past?

Till today I have only this newer one 2140-5 (I guess from 1992-2000) - restorated myself.
Specials are the "Hickory" imprint with sans serif italic font and
the imprints at the head end with only a small "GERMANY" and right-aligned of the 3 lines
(today these lines are centered, with bigger GERMANY... and much more imprints at the shaft, plus the BluGuard).

regards
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello again,

I still try to identify HAZET hammers of the past...

And now an additional smaller 2140-2 (I guess from 1965-1985) - restorated myself.
Specials are the imprints "HAZET" and "2140-2" at the head in the middle without "GERMANY" and
an (until now) unknown symbol (triangular crown) below the "200 DIN 1041".

The two 2140-2 (200 g weight) and 2140-5 (500 g) were part of the HAZET 2500 tool range for Volkswagen:

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello,

The issue of the unknown symbol (triangular crown) at the HAZET 2140-2 hammer head is solved:
It is from the old company CADOS "Carl Döhl Söhne" (Carl Doehl sons, 1859 to ~1984, 1969 bought by Peddinghaus, which still lends its name to the CADOS trademark to some hammers). But Peddinghaus is somehow a competitor of HAZET - so I guess this hammer is not so much later than 1969.

CADOS was located at Wuppertal-Ronsdorf in Germany (with only 6 miles quite near the location of HAZET in Remscheid).

Thanks Kamil from Poland for the company name hint Applause

regards,

2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello,

not found here till now... HAZET 2524 (available in 1951 to 1972)

This 8" (200 mm) long "kerf punch"? (in German "Kerbstemmer") is used to secure the connecting rod bearing screws of the VW type 1, 2, 3 and 4 engine - and the special nut of the lever bolts of the VW type 1 and 2 clutch. It corresponds to the Volkswagen special tool "VW 124".

regards
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
58Sleeper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Anyone has a picture of 51/51 screwdriver the large one or small? I want to see the writing on the shafts.
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

58Sleeper wrote:
Anyone has a picture of 51/51 screwdriver...

What is a 51/51? This is not a HAZET order number or size..., is it?
And which time frame you are looking for? The design and imprints changed over the years.

Typical since 1933 HAZET screwdriver versions have 8xx numbers with a size version at the end as 8xx-s
e.g. 815-4 (wood, blue painted, later not) - or 831-2 (transparent yellow, later black) - 834-3 (small transparent yellow, later black)

see the HAZET catalogues at https://www.hazet.de/en/catalogue-history
or on my website with detailed photos (click on the previews to enlarge) of some of them: https://www-vw--t2--bulli-de.translate.goog/hazet-...et800to849

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

HAZET 2146 - feeler gauge (version 1979 to 1985)

2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Got some long awaited tools in today.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

nice finds, awesome condition Applause
love the big 4500 carburetor set from around 1979... even if this is mainly not anymore for aircooled cars as older 4500/9...

Looks like soemone added some sockets to the 900 Z set Wink - possibly the useful smallest 10 + 11 of the 904 Z set?

2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

rsbadura wrote:
nice finds, awesome condition Applause
love the big 4500 carburetor set from around 1979... even if this is mainly not anymore for aircooled cars as older 4500/9...

Looks like soemone added some sockets to the 900 Z set Wink - possibly the useful smallest 10 + 11 of the 904 Z set?

Your picture did not come through?

I am envious of you being in Germany and having these things easily avalable when you find them. I had to find them, send to a friend and sometimes make bank to bank money exchanges that cost me $25 more. And none of these people would send to the US. I am very happy to have German friends like you brother that can help when needed. As well as myself helping over here if you need US VW parts. Cool

Yeah, the 4500 is not exactly what I wanted - but could be used to trade for the early one I want. I did find an early air cooled VW one, offered $1700 for it, but he was not ready.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
... I had to find them, send to a friend and sometimes make bank to bank money exchanges .

Yes, I know, have been collecting worldwide for decades - USA / Brazil / Japan / South Africa / ... also before Internet classifieds / PayPal / IBAN / ... which made it a lot easier today Wink But I hope that after many CoViD-19 cancellations, vintage car markets will also reopen next year....

And my late started HAZET collection is not only from Germany, a lot from across Europe, some from the US and one from South Africa. So Germany isn't a wonderland for old HAZET tools. But yes, easier, than from the US. Wink Still searching for standard tools like a 300g hammer 2140-3 of the 70s since years - worldwide!

notchboy wrote:
I did find an early air cooled VW one, offered $1700 for it...

quite expensive - rare, but I think nobody will pay this anymore in Germany.

HAZET tools are not as popular today, as some decades ago.
The brand is not visible in times of ev cars - and also in workshops beside all the cheaper worldwide tools or HAZET sub-brands as VIGOR.
The marketing did not use the old good name in vintage car markets.
So only a few of my (younger) VW friends know about them today.
Anyway - I love these old classic tools...

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
912driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Dear Hazet-Experts,

I recently restored a Tool Cabinet ("Große Werkeugschrank" - picture below), presumably from 1950. I have been in contact with Hazet, since the layout of the mounting in the doors was nothing like anything in the catalogues and their expert said it is probably a pre-series model from 1950.

It came with around 80% of the tools and I am currently hunting for the missing parts. In the catalogue from 1950/51 it says that it came with a drilling machine ("Bohrmaschine"). Now, from what I know/researched Hazet did not make any drilling machines back in the day.

Does anybody know what make that machine could have been from? Or did Hazet indeed make own manual drilling machines? The machine in the illustration in the catalogue looks like common machines produced in the 50s from brands such as e.g. IXION...

Thank You for any leads/ information on this!

diablosandwich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

This was recently in a Facebook group. Hazet pre 1965 collectors.

Hope it helps.
Casey
912driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

diablosandwich wrote:
This was recently in a Facebook group. Hazet pre 1965 collectors.

Hope it helps.
Casey

Wow, thank you! Very Happy
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

HAZET 2513 series completed
(which corresponds to the Volkswagen special tools "VW 113", "VW 113a", "VW 113b", ...)

and a rare HAZET 2514
This 150 mm or 6" long T-handle wrench with an 8 mm square socket was used to loosen and tighten the special screws on the shift rod clutch and shift forks on type 1 and 2. For type 3 there was a longer version with a length of 300 mm as 2514-1, which corresponds to the Volkswagen special tool "VW 114".

and a simple series of HAZET 600 completed (for VW use and HAZET cabinet 100)
but only the version with "W(est)-GERMANY" imprints from around 1979-1989:

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

I would love to have a 2514 Cool

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Page 34 of 37

Jump to: