Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

andrigs fan
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

If you are using that style of FS. The AAT fan will fit.
How well it works with that FS is up in the air. Pun intended.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

it would also be a nice test to take a makita 18 volt blower and 3d print a
straight blade for it and see how it compares to the curved blades in the makita. we used one for many years in the racecar and one in the shop to blow out smoke and keep the driver cool before a run. they make good pressure and volume. probably 6" dia, might be 8 I dont remember. but they are very popular and work awesome. china makes knock off's for aboutt$40 many versions of them and they take the mikita battery too.
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

I ordered one and per the USPS it was delivered on Sat, but I have not received it. I am sure it is stuck in their office somewhere (been there twice already this week).

I should be installing my engine later this week and hopefully with the new fan so I should have some data.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

My cooling fan arrived today. Very Happy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

AAT fan weight 315 grams
My new Tig Welded and balanced fan from, racin jason
weight 1184
My scale might be off few grams.

02/76 Beetle sedan

Last edited by APPLEGREENVW on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FreeBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Popcorn
flat4olsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Installed my AAT fan today. No problem,- fits perfectly without shims and runs dead straight.
First impression is good. I don’t have a CHT gauge, so my impression is subjective and unscientific. It seems to do the job. Oil temp is normal.
It is a little louder than the Berg fan it replaced. A higher pitched sound. Not annoying, but different.
Engine feels a bit snappier, but maybe that’s just me?
The Berg fan was 1197 grams, the AAT fan is 317 grams.
I like it 🤙
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

flat4olsen wrote:
Installed my AAT fan today. No problem,- fits perfectly without shims and runs dead straight.
First impression is good. I don’t have a CHT gauge, so my impression is subjective and unscientific. It seems to do the job. Oil temp is normal.
It is a little louder than the Berg fan it replaced. A higher pitched sound. Not annoying, but different.
Engine feels a bit snappier, but maybe that’s just me?
The Berg fan was 1197 grams, the AAT fan is 317 grams.
I like it 🤙

Well at least the fan weight is consistent. That's what mine weighs as well.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
FreeBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Thank you, whoever made this thing. It looks like it might be something really good. Even if it doesn't work better than stock, i still say thank you for the effort, for having the courage and ingenuity to bring an idea like this to market. Thank You.
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

I just installed mine as well. It runs true and is so much lighter than the stock one. Some drive time will tell if there are any cooling benefits.
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Definitely interested to hear you guys just installing it. I have been running mine for 2-3 weeks. No quality issues or cooling issues, but I started mine on a new engine, so I cannot compare to a previous fan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

THANK YOU !!! KEEP THE INFO FLOWING GUYS!!! see how they are at highway speeds too!! for sound and cooling if possible. hmm a good straight swap dyno test would be nice. the lighter fan should make more power unless the drag is a lot more.witch striaght blades it may be. keep up the great work guys!!
Bad bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
THANK YOU !!! KEEP THE INFO FLOWING GUYS!!! see how they are at highway speeds too!! for sound and cooling if possible. hmm a good straight swap dyno test would be nice. the lighter fan should make more power unless the drag is a lot more.witch striaght blades it may be. keep up the great work guys!!

Yeah mark i agree but we really need some cylinder head temp readings between the stock balanced fan and this fan.
H2OSB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

I got mine yesterday but may be a bit before I have it in the car running. Perhaps a bench run in(I rebuilt to 1641 with a cheater cam). Even if the fan cools to exactly the same as stock, I'll consider it a win for the reduced wear due to the substantially lighter weight. I'm planning to run one of these fans in my future T4 upright build, assuming all goes well.

H20SB
flat4olsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Here i a few short videos. Maybe you will be able to hear the sound of the AAT fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZdbjg4k3Xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQyeNhsB2dg
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Can’t hear the fan, but the engine sounds good.

Your car is pretty awesome too!
Bad bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

I can hear the fan clearly and your engine sounds really good.
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

In the non-moving video that sounds like cam gear noise to me, not the fan.

As said above, I have been driving with the fan for 3 weeks and do not hear it. I have even removed my decklid so that I can put my ear closer to the fan intake to listen to it.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

I hear a little rocker side play, thats about it. motor sounds good.
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Keep updating, folks. Thanks!
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Anyone got anymore info yet? I've just got my fan - looks a really nice quality piece - but it's going to be a week or two til I get it in the bus...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 18

Jump to: