Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Carburetor suggestions
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ochie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject: Carburetor suggestions Reply with quote

So I was hoping for some advise. I have a 40HP motor rebuilt with big bore to 1385, stock cam and rockers. I'm putting on Vanguard intakes for a dual carb setup. I have one (1) 28 PCI Carb, One (1) 28 PCIT-1 Carb and zero 32 PCIB carbs. What's the best carbs for the application of just Street Driver?
Cost wise the PCIT-1 would be least, followed by the PCI. Buying two 32 PCIB from Wolfsburg West is within budget and I like the idea of not having to rebuild right away.
So what's the advise on which carbs to go with and what's advise on jet sizes for any of the above?
Thanks
Ochie
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Carburetor suggestions Reply with quote

Definitely 32īs.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Carburetor suggestions Reply with quote

28 pcit-1 is not a good carb for dual carbs set up ...28 pci are better and also you can change the venturi in them not so much the 28 pcit since the venturi is casted into the carb you will hardly see those 28 pcit as dual carbs ....32 will be a better choice they also sell 34 pbic now days just search solex 34 pbic in Google they will pop up ...but if your not looking for the most power ..than go with dual solex 28 pci ...
Ochie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Carburetor suggestions Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I was leaning toward the PICT just for cost reasons.
I think now I'm going to go with the 32 PBIC's as they are a resonable price and I won't have to mess around with rebuilding or worn throttle shafts. Hopefully they come jetted correctly for my application. Should be close anyway.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Carburetor suggestions Reply with quote

I think those ww 32 pbic carbs have throttle shaft problems ...you can confirm with joe ruiz aka Mr okrasa if you send the new carbs to him he fixes the shafts just heads up about those 32s .....you can search joe ruiz "mr okrasa " adds and find out ......
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: