Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 478, 479, 480 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

&Dan wrote:
What a fuckin' disaster. All that work. Only upside's no one burned to death.
Shit. An enormous winged dollar sign, floating away never to return.

That’s sig material, there.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Seems shady, selling stuff he does not actually own..

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2485643
andrewtf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Quote:
Manfred58sc

Or the interested UK Buyers can just google the name of the business and city that are clearly shown in the ad and bi-pass the middle man.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

But better have "money." I guess that means can't get them for salt or some beads...
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

plus, i think there was a thread on Tom Toms and that place is long gone

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100704

EDIT

may not be long gone, but a shell of it's former self

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

andrewtf wrote:
Quote:
Manfred58sc

Or the interested UK Buyers can just google the name of the business and city that are clearly shown in the ad and bi-pass the middle man.

Agreed. That does seem weirdly lazy to post the images, but not bother to crop the address out. If there was a potential to make a buck, you just boned yourself there. Plus, the whole tone of the ad seems hostile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Hey I'd love to represent items I don't own to suckers, except I have ethics. Not sure if this type of ad is even allowed.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

I have emailed this person about this ad as it seemed very sketchy, especially since his location is nowhere near the location of that "known" VW shop/junkyard
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Shocked Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Shocked Rolling Eyes

Asking $42k for a better-than-average Riviera, not original interior,
and comes with a list of recommended repairs...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2487007

"Serious offers only."
Ummmm.... don't hold your breath.

Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Shocked Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Shocked Rolling Eyes

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

KentABQ wrote:

Asking $42k for a better-than-average Riviera, not original interior,
and comes with a list of recommended repairs...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2487007

"Serious offers only."
Ummmm.... don't hold your breath.

$20,000 could be considered a serious offer. Probably a fair one too.

I'll admit, few things drive me crazier than ads that list things like "Needs a new cap and rotor". For a 2x top-dollar Bus, the little things should be taken care of. It's faster to replace them, than to type out that they need to be done.
Also, saying the engine was rebuilt 15 years ago isn't necessarily a plus. The pessimist in me sees that as "Engine needs to be rebuilt", unless it's supported with documentation of low miles since then.

Maybe I'm just too negative...
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

"Needs new cap and rotor" means "not quite running like it should and don't know why, so I'm guessing the easy things."
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

cmonSTART wrote:
"Needs new cap and rotor" means "not quite running like it should and don't know why, so I'm guessing the easy things."

Have to agree, that is so simple you would go buy those 2 things.

Plus how do you know it's cap & rotor?
Caps rarely fail without some obvious crack or damage or the little center pin falling out and getting lost
Rotor you could test the resistance/continuity to see if it's bad but I can't remember ever having one fail unless it literally broke or looked burned on top
Rotor failure would be it won't run at all, right?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Just got off the phone on this one.

https://albany.craigslist.org/pts/d/east-hampton-1977-volkswagen-bus/7361196973.html

Took a minute for him to tell me he is asking $2800 which in his opinion is a fair price and that he also has had a lot of interest in it at that price.

When I said I’m out at that price level, he promptly hung up on me before I could even finish my sentence. I’m ok with that, I’ve got thick skin. What bothers me is that that might be a “ fair” price.

I sure as hope not considering it’s condition. And if it is “ fair”, then I’ve been scoring some real sweet deals up till now.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:
And if it is “ fair”, then I’ve been scoring some real sweet deals up till now.

Hey... it includes the middle seat! ...in "fair" condition.
That's worth the price right there. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Tough to say from the pics. If it really was solid and rust free as he says that might be fair - but, it is a sitting in wet New England with no glass and no door.....

The ad is 6 days old - has anyone shown up with cash yet?
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Could not get that for the pile if they were running, driving. Totally unreasonable
for parts Bus's

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2490094
JaimeH Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

KentABQ wrote:
Jetfxr69 wrote:
And if it is “ fair”, then I’ve been scoring some real sweet deals up till now.

Hey... it includes the middle seat!

That looks like the rear seat in the wrong position.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Jetfxr69 wrote:

https://albany.craigslist.org/pts/d/east-hampton-1977-volkswagen-bus/7361196973.html

Took a minute for him to tell me he is asking $2800 which in his opinion is a fair price and that he also has had a lot of interest in it at that price.

When I said I’m out at that price level, he promptly hung up on me before I could even finish my sentence. I’m ok with that, I’ve got thick skin. What bothers me is that that might be a “ fair” price.

I sure as hope not considering it’s condition. And if it is “ fair”, then I’ve been scoring some real sweet deals up till now.

I looked at that shell last year, it was in my home town, Canton Ct., it is a bit rough, and that is a 3 person middle seat, about the only good thing with that bus. The dash is long gone, and it has been sitting a while w/out glass outside....
I'm sure he has a bunch of interest in the Bus, FB flippers are ravenous for Buses, and their FB prices are a fucken JOKE... Laughing

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

^^^^^

sad thing is, he'll probably get it.

i was embarrassed to admit i paid 800 for the parts bus behind my house back when i built my deluxe in '13-'14.

unless you know someone or something....the days of the cheap bus is over.

based on current trends, any project (vw or otherwise) is going to be 2k minimum. these are the 500.00 projects we remember from years ago. welcome to inflation/supply and demand

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
Jetfxr69 wrote:

I looked at that shell last year, it was in my home town, Canton Ct., it is a bit rough, and that is a 3 person middle seat, about the only good thing with that bus. The dash is long gone, and it has been sitting a while w/out glass outside....
I'm sure he has a bunch of interest in the Bus, FB flippers are ravenous for Buses, and their FB prices are a fucken JOKE... Laughing

Probably why he was quick to hang up on me. As i was telling him that was too rich for my taste, and that i know the true value of these, because i have a few, ……..dial tone.

How bout those two westy’s that were down in Bennington for $4500/ea? Was watching that ad for a couple weeks and now its gone. Was about a 4+hr ride for me, so wasn’t that interested until price broke.

I thought I stretched a little too far on my last 77 westy buy at $1700, but it was all original, deluxe camper, with all the ecoutremonts, so based on this other shit, I’m feeling better about it.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 478, 479, 480 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 479 of 490

Jump to: