Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:
67rustavenger wrote:

That hwy takes her a bit too far west to make good time.

The more and even more boring direct route. Would be heading NW out of Salt Lake. I think it's hwy 82. Then west on 84 directly to Baker City.

Curious what is the attraction to Baker City.
It's a cross between an old Cowboy town and a miners paradise.
Beautiful in the spring, Hot as ever in the summer and cold, really cold in the winter.
I haven't been through there in a few years. Maybe they have Data centers there now that attract folks to an otherwise isolated area.

I like Baker City, it's got a great brewery, bakery and distillery. Anthony Lakes ski area has great powder in the winter. If she like camping, there's beautiful areas all over the place. Pendleton Round-Up is just up I-84 in September to get her cowgirl on (not to mention Chief Joseph Days and Eastern Oregon Livestock Show and Rodeo...). There's a cool interpretive center, First Friday art walk...

(edit: I used to live in Pendleton, and spent a lot of time in Baker City and other towns all over the area with sports teams and high school groups).

Margaret,
I am in no way bashing Baker City. It's a lovely place.
Nestled into the mountain range to the east and the flat plain to the west. Recreational opportunities abound in the Baker City area.
I have overnighted in Baker City a few times and really enjoyed my time there.

My curiosity was what Abscate's daughters job roll may be.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:
iowegian wrote:
Hey, Ab-skater----
I'm in far eastern Ioway just a dozen miles off I-80.
I'm too old to be much of a threat to anyone-------at least that's what my wife tells me.

Very Happy

She’s a 6 foot 180 pound lean muscle ex college athlete. In Venice at 16, she went “ Dirty Harry” on a creep bothering the group with

“ your going to look awful stupid when I throw you into the canal”

Four of my girls I had to teach awareness and defense , with Caitlin and her twin I just taught How to dispose of the bodies.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
djkeev wrote:
67rustavenger wrote:
djkeev wrote:
80 is so very B O R I N G!

When she gets to Winnemucca veer north onto 140, the Winnemucca to the Sea road.

I haven't been on it for 30 or more years but it is a great although lonely ride.

Quite memorable but I imagine like everything else out there I'm sure it has changed. Probably more people, more services, more traffic?

Dave

That hwy takes her a bit too far west to make good time.

Hmmmmm ........ I'm thinking and trying to remember the last time I chose a given highway so I can make good time............
maybe when my Mom had a Stroke? But gee, that's 25 years ago now.

Other than that, Nope...... making time isn't on my travel planning list.

Dave

I agree.
But when your driving to a new location for a job. Unless you plan on making it a site seeing trip.
You choose the shortest, quickest route.

Nope, my first 140 trip was loaded up and moving to Ashland Oregon.
Through K-Falls and Came down the Green Springs.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Emily's Owner wrote:
iowegian wrote:
Hey, Ab-skater----
I'm too old to be much of a threat to anyone-------at least that's what my wife tells me.

Very Happy

She’s a 6 foot 180 pound lean muscle ex college athlete. In Venice at 16, she went “ Dirty Harry” on a creep bothering the group with

Four of my girls I had to teach awareness and defense , with Caitlin and her twin I just taught How to dispose of the bodies.

HAHA! Sounds like my kinda daughter. Mine isn't so tall, but I would think twice before messing with her.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Abscate wrote:
Emily's Owner wrote:
iowegian wrote:
Hey, Ab-skater----

Very Happy

HAHA! Sounds like my kinda daughter. Mine isn't so tall, but I would think twice before messing with her.

My youngest daughter is trained to kill! The armed services did it!
The oldest is a housewife.
Both are mothers. So by default. They are both killers.
I wouldn't mess with either of um! And they are tiny in stature.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Emily's Owner wrote:
iowegian wrote:
Hey, Ab-skater----

Very Happy

Perfect, the Blue Mountains have a few good disposal spots Cool , one of which I won't share, saving it for later.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

Update. She took a job in Mass vs the west coast. Her twin sister starts at the World Trade Center same day.

I am suddenly a Captain in the estrogen desert. This will be an adjustment.

Thanks to all who responded and offered help, and let me know if I can help your kin here in the Northeast.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

Abscate, nice to have your girls within driving distance from you.

Abscate wrote:
Update. She took a job in Mass vs the west coast. Her twin sister starts at the World Trade Center same day.

Thanks to all who responded and offered help, and let me know if I can help your kin here in the Northeast.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
Abscate, nice to have your girls within driving distance from you.

Abscate wrote:

Dancing Dancing Dancing
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

Good news - although it would've been fun to meet her. Tell her good luck on the new job.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:
Good news - although it would've been fun to meet her. Tell her good luck on the new job.

I didn’t even do anything and I got my Mister Sister promotion.

Sigh, August 23 I will be in a female-less house for the first time since 1984. This will be weird, hopefully I won’t go on a tender gender mender bender
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Sigh, August 23 I will be in a female-less house for the first time since 1984. This will be weird, hopefully I won’t go on a tender gender mender bender

Nice.

I am surrounded by females, too. Would be very strange/surreal without them.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Emily's Owner wrote:

Just go down town and your hoes and blows.
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Emily's Owner wrote:

My family is an all girl family - dad never had a chance. Now with just him and my mom, he's finally stopped introducing her as his first wife...after 60 years that joke's lost it's steam.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Safe harbor people needed , late AUG/ SEP NEBRASKA, WYOMING, ID Reply with quote

well I'm only over in Syracuse, but my driveway is always open
ok well sometimes may need to juggle a vw or 2..
right off I-81 north of Syracuse.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: