Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

AC charging voltage in camper
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject: AC charging voltage in camper Reply with quote

When a camper is plugged in, what voltage should the house battery system be seeing?
dazey77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: AC charging voltage in camper Reply with quote

My AC charging is long since removed, but it’s just a standard lead acid charger. I would expect to see about 14.4v once the battery is fully charged. If the battery is low then the charge voltage will reflect that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: AC charging voltage in camper Reply with quote

dazey77 wrote:
My AC charging is long since removed, but it’s just a standard lead acid charger. I would expect to see about 14.4v once the battery is fully charged. If the battery is low then the charge voltage will reflect that.

Plugged in my van last night and my cig lighter meter read 13.1. After a few hours 13.3. after about 12 still at 13.3. Battery is 2 months old. I am thinking that my AC/DC charger is bad.
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: AC charging voltage in camper Reply with quote

MrPulldown wrote:

Plugged in my van last night and my cig lighter meter read 13.1. After a few hours 13.3. after about 12 still at 13.3. Battery is 2 months old. I am thinking that my AC/DC charger is bad.

That could be. I just replaced mine with a Victron unit. Works great, and has a nifty bluetooth connected app that shows you all sorts of info about the unit and battery health. Can be configured to work with lead acid, gel, or lithium.
Blaque Jacques
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: AC charging voltage in camper Reply with quote

the most I've ever seen using the stock AC/DC charger is 13.6V also the cig plug in Volt meters aren't the most accurate in my experience, and the cig lighter is pretty far from the charger/house battery so there could be some voltage drop. The Magnatek is probably working as intended but more modern units would always be a big improvement!
1961tbird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: AC charging voltage in camper Reply with quote

Just wondering what Victron unit model you purchased?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: AC charging voltage in camper Reply with quote

1961tbird wrote:
Just wondering what Victron unit model you purchased?

Victron Energy Blue Smart IP22 12-Volt 20 amp 120V, Single Output Battery Charger NEMA 5-15, Bluetooth
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: