Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brake drums and general talk (rears mostly)....
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Brake drums and general talk (rears mostly).... Reply with quote

So I'm expecting to take delivery of my new narrowed beam w/ new everything, spindle to spindle. I know I have slight pulsing now so once I'm on my new disc brakes, if any rear issues I'd like to possibly get new drums to keep any pulsing out.

Suggestions for good rear drums??? (I'm on a newer syncro trans & therefore I assume early 60's drums/shoes)

Yes, I'll also have new dual-master cylinder w/ master dual reservoir and I think I'll put a hole in the top of the 2nd bubble, pop a grommet in & run line from existing spare tire well reservoir.

Any need to change front hard lines if they're good??

I think that's it but any other input appreciated! Oh and pic of my master if anybody cares to identify my current unit for me?? ...................

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake drums and general talk (rears mostly).... Reply with quote

Front end when? any day now?? Fingers crossed..

New front end, I would do new lines, they can get mucked up and you don't want that in your new brakes.
RandyV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake drums and general talk (rears mostly).... Reply with quote

ivkings4 wrote:
Front end when? any day now?? Fingers crossed..

New front end, I would do new lines, they can get mucked up and you don't want that in your new brakes.

Any day now for sure.....unless it's not.....then it's "just 1 more week"... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ooooh and hey....looks like he even has the hard lines too. Will grab while I'm there (if he does) or order some up if he doesn't.

Then get all of it chro.....errrr.....NOT! Wink Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: