Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thinking about a Wizard sedan delivery kit
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Thinking about a Wizard sedan delivery kit Reply with quote

My first post in a few years, thinking about a '63 type 1 with a Wizard sedan delivery kit partially installed. Anybody got one, got any build up pics? I'd like to see 'em. Thanks.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about a Wizard sedan delivery kit Reply with quote

I like the concept.

Back in the mid-1970s, there was a guy who lived a couple of blocks from me and I passed his house a couple times a day. He had a Bug that he made into a Sedan Delivery himself, using body parts from an early 60s Type 2. He did a REALLY good job of it, especially since what he did for a living was demolition of houses and small commercial buildings. Years later, an image of his car showed up in the pages of Hot VWs magazine, as a filler at the end of articles. His had drip rail all around the roof and a 2-piece rear door. But otherwise looked a lot like this fiberglass kit does when finished. I've seen it in recent times on the internet. And I've seen another that was similar also on the net.

I suggest making a flat floor from Bus floor or from a pickup bed from a wrecking yard. It would be good if the rear part of that floor could be lifted up for access to the engine.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vws-microcars4jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about a Wizard sedan delivery kit Reply with quote

I had one of these. Pic from 1992, my first car! Bought with money saved caddying and a paper route. $500. Mine was on a 1971 super and had a body lift and big tires. It got a lot of looks. I miss it.

I'd like to find another and mount it to a Datsun 4x4 I have, letter the sides "Grave Bugger".😎
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about a Wizard sedan delivery kit Reply with quote

The body style/brand in your photos appear to be a BGW which has Beetle-based rear fenders and a single rear door. There was another Beetle "van" style kit called the Vandetta. It had a boxier body with dual-opening rear doors. There was a Vandetta for sale at the Terryville, Connecticut Bug-A-Fair this past June. It was based on a big-windshield (1973) Super Beetle, unfinished, and had a Subaru engine conversion.

Firebuggy gallery:
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Thinking about a Wizard sedan delivery kit Reply with quote

The Vandetta was manufactured a few towns over from me in NJ. Ive seen a lot of them driving around when I was a kid. Always cool.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mountain Haus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Thinking about a Wizard sedan delivery kit Reply with quote

Here is my neighbors 67 bug that he won in a raffle. I restored the running gear, brakes, and the suspension, and have been driving it all over town. This thing is funky, and it breaks necks everywhere it goes.

1978 Dakota Beige Westy
1964 Euro "S" Variant
1972 Tin Top 9 Passenger Deluxe
1978 Honda CT90
1978-ish Chrysler Snorunner
and usually a couple of stragglers...?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Thinking about a Wizard sedan delivery kit Reply with quote

Very cool and unusual. I always thought those looked even better with the '37 hood kit up front. The style of that delivery body kit really keeps with the late 1930's lines that are very much a part of the Beetle body style. If you look as many cars from that era you find rounded body lines, small windshields, all glass having rounded corners and is set into the body with rounded surrounds. The Bug was a stylish body design when released. This kit flows with that style (more so than the Vandetta, IHMO.)

Finishing up the example you found looks like a lot of work. The result would be a unique VW to proudly drive.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: