Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightshift
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

Roy himself will need to make the decision to change what goes out the door. Machines are expensive to replace as is the tooling. Machines get old and have to be replaced. Even with proper care, lubrication and correct usage, the life span is only so long. Repairs, rebuild, finding parts and finding a good company to perform them is hard and getting harder. Let alone being without one for a month or two.
Does the machinist care or is he/she just in it for a paycheck?
Casting shifts seam to get worse over time also. Is it the casting company not paying attention to what they are doing?
Is it all the above? Any one of the above is a recipe for failure, two or three and its time to ask yourself what are going to do.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

Nightshift wrote:
Roy himself will need to make the decision to change what goes out the door. Machines are expensive to replace as is the tooling. Machines get old and have to be replaced. Even with proper care, lubrication and correct usage, the life span is only so long. Repairs, rebuild, finding parts and finding a good company to perform them is hard and getting harder. Let alone being without one for a month or two.
Does the machinist care or is he/she just in it for a paycheck?
Casting shifts seam to get worse over time also. Is it the casting company not paying attention to what they are doing?
Is it all the above? Any one of the above is a recipe for failure, two or three and its time to ask yourself what are going to do.

Yes. Its one of the reasons why this thread is interesting to me. I am dealing with this problem with a printing industry client company right now. The parts are pressure cast aluminum.
They make about 250,000 parts a year in one particular size. They are not sand cast per-se...but they are sand aggregate molds that are pressure cast. Somewhere between gravity molding and injection molding .....pressure and accuracy wise.

As production numbers increase....the mold cores wear. They fit back a little worse each time. Inner cores shift. Pretty soon.....the inner recess on one particular part....which fits on a precision jig on their CNC mils...is no longer in correct reference to the outer surfaces. So...bores.....are no longer centered. Sound familiar?

The problem is this......if the company that commissions these cast parts...does not bitch to the foundry when the cores start to shift and the parts can no longer be corrected in CNC,.........no one corrects it at the foundry. If the wheel ain't squeekin....they ain't freakin. The foundry has no idea what these parts are supposed to do. Why should THEY care...if the person ordering them does not?

In reality...20 years ago when I worked directly for said company...I helped MAKE a master jig to check for core shift on incoming parts so they would know when it was time to have the molds rebuilt. The object was to pull a handful of random parts and snap them into the jig on each order....and RECORD and LOG the variance. When it hit X number in a specific axis....time to do something.

Turned out 20 years ago....they could get about a million parts per mold set before rebuild. About 3-4 years.

Its interesting.....looking at a range of VW castings...there are certain odd features that can only be ....for simpler set up in the mill...in my poorly educated opinion (machine shop wise). On type 4 heads...for example...these bosses.

There are numerous on the engine case and 004 manual transmission case that are similar (sorry for the type 4 references but I have so little type 1 knowledge).

Do the MOFOCO heads have anything like this?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

clonebug wrote:
Motor7710 wrote:
It's not a "Hey, lets bash MoFoCo"
This thread needed to happen.
As a former quality assurance manager I can tell you the best data that you can get is from real world use. This is like gold! Because it allows you to correct and improve the product. In house testing may not reveal these deficiencies.
Again the best DATA comes from real world usage.

Here's my learning experience.
This about 5miles use. luckily it happened in my garage as I burped the engine.
Could have been worse if I been driving.

The head was repairable just added a new valve guide and I replaced all valves with CBs High rev valves and HD springs with new retainers and keepers
Luckily the piston was fine but I did have to replace the cylinder.

Currently on those Mofo 042 heads I have about 70kmiles of revving the piss out of that 2234cc engine. Those heads are still going strong!
Again it's all about real world DATA DATA DATA

This looks like too much lift for the valve......looks like the retainer or the keeper beat the top of the guide and then seized the valve open which got hammered by the piston........
Not sure you could blame the head for that.....seems more like install error.

Also...what's up with the head stud nuts not even having any threads sticking up?????/

2 things:

1: This is the reason I use CB single-groove stuff in all my builds. The 3-groove hardware sufferers from this kind of failure. Not isolated to MOFOCO.
This can happen to any brand head using 3-groove hardware.

2. Look at the tip of the pushrod for that valve. Looks like the tip wore thru the case-hardening. Probably opened up the lash a bunch, then hammered the valve tip, thus making it break?
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

yes that pushrod is dead, as is the one next to it. was it the reason or the after math....where is the spring?what rpm( true not wish/claimed rpm like idle or 11000 bs.) was the spring dead? were the keepers gaped? was the spring broken? was the raido turned up at 60 mph in first gear? did the car have front bumper....it does apear the heads still had the shit retainers...I think I put cromolys or tits on mine before they went on the engine.I was quite suprized to see those junk retainers.of coarse roy has never had any issue with them, neither have I since I wont use them. as always keep your eyes and mind wide open.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I've been waiting to reply to see if anyone would post new information that hasn't either been fixed in the great cylinder head update of 2018 or been addressed by me in the past. So far, I haven't seen anything yet. This post will be like a press conference as I will not be answering any questions as they have all been answered before.

First, I appreciate ALL constructive criticism and suggestions. You are all in a very unique position of being able to give feedback to the actual manufacturer of a cylinder head and as a family business owner, I take every single word to heart. I have shown over the last 20 years of my ability to admit when I am wrong and also to update and make every single product I produce better.

That being said, here is my response to some of the things brought up in this thread. There are several pictures of failures which are all of heads that have step in the chamber, bosses in the 042/050 casting and also stock retainers on an 042. These are all things that don't apply anymore to any head I produce. This is like jumping on a forum about the new Macintosh laptops and commenting about the Mac LCII that you had back in 1992 and how the hard drive failed. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

So, it appears that there are two issues here that need to be addressed again. One, seat overhang. This is an issue due to the fact that my mold is a sandcast gravity mold, not a permanent injection mold. This means that the mold itself is multiple pieces and the overall head mold is the same, while the rocker box and port cores are interchangeable. The port core can shift as they are put in by hand and when they are off by .100", that is called core shift. I do not like seat overhang, I don't want seat overhang, I strive for perfection all the time. This issue will not cause any type of failure, period. I have not seen one failure in 25+ years due to this issue, you can talk theoretically all you want but I want real world facts. Next, seat overhang will only cause lower CFM on the intake and not the exhaust. IF you order any of our heads "ported and polished" we blend the seat to the port perfectly on the intake and exhaust. Some say, why don't you just fix it? Well, it's not just a flip of the switch or reprogramming. Changing a mold is very expensive and if they screw up the fix and I have to actually make new port cores, it could ruin my ability to make heads at all. I do still plan on doing it when time and money allows.

Last, the valve guide being offset. This has been addressed a few times and I understand it's a hard concept to grasp if you've never actually manufactured something. As previously mentioned, the rocker box is sand cast, which means that between the rocker box core itself and then the head being poured, there can be shortfill. When the head is bolted on to the CNC machine, the machine doesn't care where the bosses were cast, it drills the holes in the same place every time. This means that the hole for the valve guide is drilled in relation to the rocker stud hole and in relation to the other valve guide holes so the valves line up correctly. Then the spring seat is machined in relation to the hole, not the boss. Now, I have seen a couple pictures of failures and while I can't say definitely why it happened, since you know, I wasn't given a chance, the fact that it was offset would not cause any type of failure. Maybe some of you remember a very highly publicized case on here of this 'failure" After pages of accusations and bad words and general negativity, the customer bought a new set of Timm's heads......and the exact same failure occurred with those too. This customer, who I have the utmost respect for, came back on to this website, hat in hand, and admitted that it was his rocker geometry that caused both failures. He learned, he got another set of heads and he has a great running engine now.

This brings me to another point, probably the only part of this entire thread that has made me quite upset. There are a couple of you on here who keep referring to "people you know who have had these failures and are afraid to contact me." I have never refused fix a set of my heads.....never. I even fix things that I know 100% were user error. I've fixed heads that are 10 years old for free. I will lend no weight and give no thoughts to "unnamed sources" about anything. "You want answers? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth." I want names, dates, pictures and engine specs for any alleged failure and I will investigate it 100%.

And last, but not least, is this. Of all the businesses that manufacture or sell cylinder heads, I am the only one that builds engines with them every single day. I am personally the #1 customer of Mofoco cylinder heads as I have used at least 5000 heads(personally) over the last 30 years. When I started building exclusively in the early 2000's; I didn't like how the rocker assemblies sat on the 042's and 050's. I immediately halted production of our heads and went on a 6 week reprogramming of our CNC machine to realign everything. I had to learn the programming language and since our heads are machined on 3 sides(watch the video on youtube) I had to learn a lot. About 6 years ago, all of a sudden, I built 3 engines in a row that broke the tips off the valves while I was breaking it in on the stand. I immediately halted my head production until I learned it was a bad batch of Osvat valves. I communicated the problems to my supplier, they contact Osvat and Osvat recalled tens of thousands of valves. About 2 years ago, all of a sudden I built 3 engines in a row that were leaking oil between the head and the barrel. I immediately halted my head production to figure out the problem. It ended up being a problem with the CNC machine and all my heads since are finish bored on a bridgeport to insure a 100% perfect sealing surface.

Again, I thank you all for your time and efforts and if anyone has anything they wish to say or a problem for me to look at or advice, I am all ears. You can email me direct [email protected].

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:

Last, the valve guide being offset. This has been addressed a few times and I understand it's a hard concept to grasp if you've never actually manufactured something. As previously mentioned, the rocker box is sand cast, which means that between the rocker box core itself and then the head being poured, there can be shortfill. When the head is bolted on to the CNC machine, the machine doesn't care where the bosses were cast, it drills the holes in the same place every time. This means that the hole for the valve guide is drilled in relation to the rocker stud hole and in relation to the other valve guide holes so the valves line up correctly. Then the spring seat is machined in relation to the hole, not the boss.

Nice to see you reply, and if you don't mind I had a question and some ideas to run by you.

Just out of general curiosity, How are the valve guide bosses themselves finished? Are the bosses finished before drilling, with the spring seat cut before the guide bore is drilled?

It seems that a good process which would allow you to keep the guide bosses consistent and prevent offset of the guide holes in the future would be to drill all the guide holes inline first, and then use a piloted annular cutter to finish the OD of the guide boss and spring seat at once. The piloted cutter will index off of the guide boss ID that you have already drilled. This would be a good way to ensure that the guides are centered in the boss, and prevent the valve springs from the leaning issue that some have reported. This same process is used in many heads when cutting the spring seat for larger or dual springs as it is. This of course assumes that your as-cast head cores have enough material on the guide boss area to account for the needed material removal to true them up.

For stock or low pressure springs I can see how the guide being off-center in the boss may not be a terribly problematic thing, but for high pressure applications or dual springs there would absolutely be uneven wear on the one inside wall of the ID of the guide. Easy to see even on stock heads over time when set up wrong or with poor oil supply to the guides- you see an oval instead of round ID in them.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

That was a very classy and appropriate reply Roy! Hats off to a guy that cares!
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
That was a very classy and appropriate reply Roy! Hats off to a guy that cares!

+1

If it was my products I'm not so sure I would have been so tactful.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

Hello Roy, thanks for chiming in.
Nightshift
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

Great to hear from Roy.

1 How do you explain leaky valve on new head and poor quality seat cutting?
2 I get that the spring pad/boss is cut in relation to RA stud. That being said, the boss being off is causing the springs to sit at an angle, thus causing premature guide wear? I actually had to special order spring cups to locate the springs properly for my new heads.
3 Should a customer have to do this work?

"Hey everyone, I've been waiting to reply to see if anyone would post new information that hasn't either been fixed in the great cylinder head update of 2018 or been addressed by me in the past. So far, I haven't seen anything yet. This post will be like a press conference as I will not be answering any questions as they have all been answered before."

My heads came in late 2019, Did I miss the great head update of 2018? If these were pre 2018, I would hope you would not sell them in 2019. According to your last line you wont be answering any questions. I will take that as you are satisficed with the heads you are shipping!
I will NOT be recommending, selling your products to customers or buying from Mofoco.

Good luck to you sir.

Nightshift
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

Nightshift wrote:
Great to hear from Roy.

1 How do you explain leaky valve on new head and poor quality seat cutting?
2 I get that the spring pad/boss is cut in relation to RA stud. That being said, the boss being off is causing the springs to sit at an angle, thus causing premature guide wear? I actually had to special order spring cups to locate the springs properly for my new heads.
3 Should a customer have to do this work?

"Hey everyone, I've been waiting to reply to see if anyone would post new information that hasn't either been fixed in the great cylinder head update of 2018 or been addressed by me in the past. So far, I haven't seen anything yet. This post will be like a press conference as I will not be answering any questions as they have all been answered before."

My heads came in late 2019, Did I miss the great head update of 2018? If these were pre 2018, I would hope you would not sell them in 2019. According to your last line you wont be answering any questions. I will take that as you are satisficed with the heads you are shipping!
I will NOT be recommending, selling your products to customers or buying from Mofoco.

Good luck to you sir.

Nightshift

I want names, dates, pictures and engine specs for any alleged failure and I will investigate it 100%.

Again, I thank you all for your time and efforts and if anyone has anything they wish to say or a problem for me to look at or advice, I am all ears. You can email me direct [email protected].

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

My 2 set puchased early 2020 I´m sure you´ll be able to find my invoice. The non TS ones were the worst.
Lee´s were early 2019.

On a positive note, I really hope it is improving. On a personal level I think I have come to the conclusion that seeing is believing.

I know enough about CNC to get myself in trouble. At least 75% of the inaccuracies with guides not being in the correct position and angle, - varying 3-3,5 degrees in the same head is almost certainly due to slack/wear in the tool holder hence my comment earlier. The last 10% can be a lot other factors. But hey, if they can do it correct in China or Brazil I´m sure its posible to do it right in the US too.

Carry on.
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

Quote:
I want names, dates, pictures and engine specs for any alleged failure and I will investigate it 100%.

This is how problems with purchased parts should be handled. Its been mentioned here many times. Trying to flame someone on the samba or elsewhere because you don’t like something is not the way to go, even if your intentions are good
SixVolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

I purchased a set of 040-DP (85.5/87) MOFOCO heads on May 28, 2020, Order #33652. Because I'm busy and mechanically incompetent, I didn't have a chance to install and run them before seeing this thread.
I am friends with a very competent VW tech who posts on this site regularly and I decided to run the heads over to his shop and have him give them a closer look before he reinstalls them and runs them for me.
The short answer is he saw nothing out of the ordinary in his inspection. At least nothing that would cause him to say there are obvious problems.
He disassembled the heads and checked the valves, stems, seats, guides springs retainers and clips and found nothing out of whack.
Now the proof won't come till the engine is run, but nothing visual looked out of place. He may or may not want to offer his assessment, but I'll at least show the images of him going through them. He previously air tested them and also tested the valves seating with a blueish dye today.

One last point, In the images you can see some casting numbers and there's a "1" stamped on the side of both heads. Could that be the tech who did the work?

Last edited by SixVolt on Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

SixVolt wrote:

Wont unsupported spring seats also cause premature guide wear? I guess a thick spring shim would cure that so do they come with shims?
Ebel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

That first spring seat would concern me. Almost 50% uncut. I’d personally want them cut 100% -75% min. The spring must bend differently without a flat seating area. It could be such a small difference it wouldn’t make a difference in longevity but I don’t know.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

Why cast the rocker box with not enough material for a spring seat?

Some engine have spring seats as deep as 1/4 down in the head. The spring is literally DEEP down in a ditch but it works fine. is that good? well, it's not bad. Maybe it is because I played with 2-strokes early on but I see excessive volume in the rocker box as just places for oil to be instead of in the sump where it should be.
So it does make you wonder why, what the point is?
Is the mofoco cnc machine not strong enough to cut deep?
Is the aluminum too costly? Razz

If I could get a casting with enough MATERIAL to make a BIG 200hp vw engine, I'd be exited about it...because that sounds like fun.
Is that was mofoco does? no, is that what mofoco customers want, seems not.

But we seem to do this once a year anyway.... so what's new?
When I first encountered heads where the cooling fins are to shallow, I was pissed off.
When I first encountered heads where the thermostat rod won't fit through I was pissed off too.
But fixing it wasn't that hard once I actually tried and figured it out.

If having castings that need minimal machining is what mofoco customers want..... the then that's fine.
But some people have the idea that sending these castings to a miracle machinist will do wonders, well, duh, no.
I have figured out how to machine cooling fins and thermostat rod holes, but I still have not found a GOOD way to weld up valve seat and valve throat areas and spring seats. THat stuff is just really hard to do correctly. Ask anybody who isn't an idiot they will tell you the same. So there we go. And i appreciate Roy's attitude. The only way to keep this piece of HISTORY alive is PURE stubbornness, and he's got it.

I have seen mexican heads where the spring bosses APPEAR off center because the casting shifted. it just looked bad but it was not a big deal. They were some of the highest flowing heads I ever encountered. Sometimes "core shift" is how you discover good things. or sometimes how you discover bad things. Overall I've seen MORE...... COMPLAINING about needing to port the heads to match the valve seats, or clean up the cooling fins but, to me it is opportunity..... it is what I CAN fix.

If your looking for a "super accurate casting" Autolinea or china will kick your ass. So, might need to change your goals. Are people ready for that? probably not. So.....I don't know. I really don't.

Last edited by modok on Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe some of you remember a very highly publicized case on here of this 'failure" After pages of accusations and bad words and general negativity, the customer bought a new set of Timm's heads......and the exact same failure occurred with those too. This customer, who I have the utmost respect for, came back on to this website, hat in hand, and admitted that it was his rocker geometry that caused both failures. He learned, he got another set of heads and he has a great running engine now.

The strike through is due to incorrect information.
True, I did buy Tim's heads. Not true, I didn't have a failure with the Tim's heads, like the Mofoco heads.
I had a cam failure that caused yet another engine rebuild. No big deal.

I didn't come back "Hat in hand" and admit I made an error while setting up the rocker geo. I said, more than once (and not just in my build thread) that I may have messed up the rocker geo, causing the failure.

Thanks for posting in this thread Roy.
There is absolutely no question that your costumer service is second to none, in this business. And I have commented on just that, many times when I feel you went out of your way to make something right for a customer.
Even when I felt that the customer was taking advantage of your kindness.

We all like you and want you to succeed in you family business.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

Dauz wrote:
I have no experience with Mofoco heads. But it looks to me like all the trust issues stem from the basis that the heads were shipped in unreasonable condition(s). Quality assurance is the foundation of this discussion. I can understand the reasoning behind “I decided to give so and so the benefit of the doubt despite ill hearsay only to get burned.” To the result being the lack of confidence in trying to even maintain the relationship.

Yes, the whole purpose of this thread is for the people that DONT want to send heads back to MOFOCO and want to fix them on their own.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Mofoco Head Problems, Fixes, and Perfomance- Post it all here Reply with quote

Alstrup wrote:
My 2 set puchased early 2020 I´m sure you´ll be able to find my invoice. The non TS ones were the worst.
Lee´s were early 2019.

On a positive note, I really hope it is improving. On a personal level I think I have come to the conclusion that seeing is believing.

I know enough about CNC to get myself in trouble. At least 75% of the inaccuracies with guides not being in the correct position and angle, - varying 3-3,5 degrees in the same head is almost certainly due to slack/wear in the tool holder hence my comment earlier. The last 10% can be a lot other factors. But hey, if they can do it correct in China or Brazil I´m sure its posible to do it right in the US too.

Carry on.

So the issues with Yours, Nightshifts, and Jimmy Hoffas were all sent out AFTER Mofocos big 2018 upgrade?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: