Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seats? What is everyone running?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

which seats
poly seat with extra padding
27%
 27%  [ 8 ]
suppension seat
72%
 72%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 29

petrol punk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspension seats for a retractable 3 point seat belt, bucket seat for a 5pt harness. A non retractable harness and a suspension seat don't go well together.
CHEVYJEFF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used Acura Integra seats. 30.00 craigslist special. Work great and mounted using tunnel and nerf bar as base for crossmember
vdubwizard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Seats? What is everyone running? Reply with quote

Bought Beard Super Seats back when Johnny's Speed and Chrome were in business for $139.95 ea. Was an ad in Hot VWs mag then. Got the suspension seats with Blue vinyl and tweed center. After 25 yrs plus, very comfortable,
The Baja was a bit more primitive then with 10" travel and triple rear shocks, 5 leaf 4" wider front beam, 2x2 rear trailing arms. Would shoot WHOOPS perfect, thanks to the seats for keeping me in place!!
Please use <vdubwizard> for all messages, Big foot does not work correctly? Long rod Engines slow the piston down at TDC and BDC to let more flow and less angle to the pistons which helps the engine to last longer, less wear, and move the power band up the scale a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Aerindel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Seats? What is everyone running? Reply with quote

unpadded poly seats....I have padded covers for them, but figure the mice and mud would just wreck them if I actually used them so the pads sit in storage.

Honesty, the seats feel better on my lower back than the ones in my regular cars and trucks and I like that I can just hose them out.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=630046
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Seats? What is everyone running? Reply with quote

Corbeau. Tall enough for properly located shoulder harness slots. With properly located shoulder harness bars.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

baja5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Seats? What is everyone running? Reply with quote

I run Mastercraft 3Gs in my thing. Very comfortable. In the new Chenowth I bought Corbeau seats. They are nice as well but definitely not a 3G.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Seats? What is everyone running? Reply with quote

Interesting thread!

I went to the Dr four years ago and had an x-ray done for pneumonia and she asked me if my back hurt. Well ya it does... You have a stress fractured vertebrae, when did you fall off the ladder?

Hmm... I hadn't thought about the Buggy seats... both my buggies have fiberglass buckets in them and we have had a few hard landings in the sand rail!

The fracture is still there as of the imaging done last week and so is the pain. Time to think about some seats. The problem with the sand rail is I am a tallish guy and my head barely clears the roll cage now!
mr_bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

77charger wrote:
I bought the race trim ones to save money on my buggy but the stitching began coming apart after a year on the bottom side parts of the seats.

I built the car in 08 and for the rear i bought a prp bench seat its still solid and ripping or tearing anywhere.I am going to replace my fronts with prps soon.

just buy replacement covers from PRP Smile

"Mr Bill"
Dos Perros Motorsports
Orange, CA
1972 Class 11x/Stock Bug
'60's era "vintage" Tunnell-Buggy

"...no one here....get's out ALIVE...."

Motor = electric
Engine = internal combustion

www.facebook.com/groups/DosPerrosMotorsports
www.alrchapter132.org
www.DAV.org
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Seats? What is everyone running? Reply with quote

maybe there should be a seat sticky? i think alot of ppl just use the ol plastic ones for ease, price, and lack of good options...
An interesting thing happens in forums where everyone starts parroting the same thing and "common knowledge" takes over.
“ The monkey see monkey do mentality seems to run deep in VW people. "Gene Berg said it was so 30 years ago so thats the way it is" “ - bdkw1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dirtkeeper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Seats? What is everyone running? Reply with quote

richardcraineum wrote:
maybe there should be a seat sticky? i think alot of ppl just use the ol plastic ones for ease, price, and lack of good options...

My back hurts just at the mention of “the ol plastic ones”
stevebaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Seats? What is everyone running? Reply with quote

buy good seats better than back surgery or perpetual pain every day when you get old and popping advil like M&M's
Mikedrevguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Seats? What is everyone running? Reply with quote

I fabbed in 914 seats into the Bwajaja. (It’s what I had available)
Fairly comfortable. Will be nicer when/if they get recovered.
69 Bwajaja
"The wise speak because they have something to say; while the foolish speak because they have to say something." Plato

Illigitimi non-Carborundum!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
21golden007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Seats? What is everyone running? Reply with quote

I went with PRP roadster suspension seats. They're the smallest footprint suspension seats I could find. As long as you're not a real big fella they are comfortable.

jimmyhoffa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Seats? What is everyone running? Reply with quote

Yep. PRP Roadsters look like my answer. I have an older small 2-seat Chenowth so I can't fit standard-footprint suspension seats.

I just got back from running trails in Moab, the BLM land (wide open/high speed) in Grand Junction Colorado and a bunch of county and service roads up to as many peaks as I could find in central CO. I could barely walk for 2 days after I got back and I'm 31. Shocked
1974 Chenowth 2RL #1244 Street Legal
My other car isn't ridiculous.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: