Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chenowth chassis ?
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
L5wolvesf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject: Chenowth chassis ? Reply with quote

Yes it’s another ID this chassis post and what is it worth post all in one. The one picture with the Chenowth bumper certainly suggests it is a Chenowth but I attaching a bumper is pretty easy so maybe the bumper is only Chenowth. So I would like to confirm.

Then – what is a Chenowth chassis worth – just a bare chassis not the rest?

Thank you
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SNORE # 1196 sponsored by:
- www.356carburetorrescue.com/home.html
- Barnwerks Fabrication & Welding
- ArtSpeed Graphics

“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.”
S. McQueen
jsturtlebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Chenowth chassis ? Reply with quote

It looks like a Chenowth chassis.
Should have a tag on crossbar where steering shaft mounts or on left side on lower frame rail just in front of torsion housing. May hay to remove side panel to see.
Motion Tire Motorsports
Having fun with Dune Buggies since 1970
Into Volkswagens since 1960
stevebaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Chenowth chassis ? Reply with quote

My Chenowth I bought 2 years ago was 750 as a roller with swing axle. I paid 750 for it. the previous owner had it for sale over a year with no takers until me. worth it or not who knows but it had the same rusty bumper which I really wanted. would not have bought it without the bumper. Id Tag was behind the drivers seat down by the torsion tube at the outside junction. the rail came with title so no hassles there. it has been nickle and dime love / hate relationship. would have been cheaper to buy a running rail. maybe another year I will have a running rail.
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Chenowth chassis ? Reply with quote

I agree with JS. It appears to be a genuine Chenowth.

My Chenowth C2RL1W has the Serial Number/frame model tag on the dash bar near the right A pillar.

The nose fiberglass does not look like genuine Chenowth, but the side panels DO. Maybe a real Chenowth hood that has been repaired at the front.

Chenowth sold those bumpers separately for MANY years. I've seen them on Baja Bugs and fiberglass buggies, as well on many other brands of buggy frames. And MANY Chenowths did NOT come with such a bumper. So do NOT count the bumper as a true indicator.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
L5wolvesf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Chenowth chassis ? Reply with quote

Thanks guys I'll have to get a closer look at this thing.

SNORE # 1196 sponsored by:
- www.356carburetorrescue.com/home.html
- Barnwerks Fabrication & Welding
- ArtSpeed Graphics

“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.”
S. McQueen
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: