Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1968 Beetle getting close to finishing
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve466x
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:38 am    Post subject: 1968 Beetle getting close to finishing Reply with quote

Hello all, as the title states the work to get the car ready for the road is finally drawing to an end. I have a few minor things to do but for the most part it’s looking good. A couple of questions though.
1/ the rear axle boots I noticed that the the seams/ bolts are at the 9 0clock position for what I have read they should be at 10 or 11 or 1 or 2 o’clock position,will it be a simple task of loosening the clamps and rotating the boots? My fear is loosing oil then having to refill etc.
2/ the vw hood/trunk emblem what is best way to attach it. I can place it in the holes but there doesn’t seem to be anything to hold it , I was thinking on placing a cpl dabs of silicone on the underside?
I said the emblem would be be the last thing.
On another note I thought I’d share my horn fix... whenever I turned to left horn would go off..it took a awhile but I if figured it was the metal tab on steering wheel (signal canceler?) touching .. did a cpl bends and all good .thks
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 Beetle getting close to finishing Reply with quote

these
https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113853615

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 Beetle getting close to finishing Reply with quote

Buy some rubber tubing and cut little pieces off of it and push over the studs. Don't mess with the boots until they tear. If the trans oil is old change it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: