Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen NLA
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
backyard_cnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

I can easily run Black skylight kits as I always have black plastic on hand however the gray I don’t stock anymore and would require at least a group of 6 interested parties to run the skylight kit in gray. I do currently have one single gray screen left in stock so one lucky person can still grab one. First PM in my inbox wins. $79 plus $25 shipping

Check out my Classified Ads for neat stuff:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2364358
backyard_cnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

Anyone interested in a skylight screen kit I have one black kit left from a recent short production run. $79usd plus shipping. First DM wins it.

djayr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

backyard_cnc wrote:
Anyone interested in a skylight screen kit I have one black kit left from a recent short production run. $79usd plus shipping. First DM wins it.

I'll take it! what do I do to claim it?
bobblebeauty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

Any of these left around? I would take a black one. I’m in BC.
Littlejilm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

Wow. Looks like I'm late to the party too, but I'd love one of these!
backyard_cnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

Sorry guys, currently unable to produce screens due to equipment change ups in the workshop but I hope to be back up before the end of the summer!

Thanks for the ongoing interest and support.

Gerald

Vanagonagain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

Definitely ready to buy when these are available again! Dancing
jdphotography
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

Any update on availability? I'm interested in the Grey if available.
SinkTip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

Same here. I would take one in grey. Located in BC.
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

It's a shame that Gerald isn't producing these any more. I have been more than pleased with my sky light screen and the Tintop slide window screen.

I guess its about getting In, and getting Out before the market crashes.
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

I've nothing but praise for my skylight screen!

Now that I have a tintop, window screens would be great to have!

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

Me too. It has worked VERY well.

Craig
RCWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

Any updates on the re-production of the screens? when do you plan another round of sales?
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

i messaged him a while ago, i think he had an ad up.

zero reply

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
pdm777
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

Hopefully, he will use materials that don't
melt/warp at low temps. (a no-brainer).

See prior posts about warpage in climates
that have typical California summers.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

Even when warped it has to be a thousand times better than Westfalia's velcro screen!

Dave

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
Even when warped it has to be a thousand times better than Westfalia's velcro screen!

Dave

At least the original screen kept bugs out. That gap created with warped plastic would allow flying insects larger than mosquitoes to enter.

My solution was magnets and a covered metal strip.

2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

After seeing this thread I had a look at mine and they are a little warped but not too bad.
I'm sure I can do something to fix it, but even if I can't it was still worth it for all the years it worked perfectly.
Money well spent! Cool

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

If he machined these out of aluminum plate, they would certainly cost more but last a lifetime.

The design is certainly worthy of aluminum.

Dave

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
backyard_cnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New Design custom WESTFALIA Skylight Screen with no velcro! Reply with quote

Firstly, thanks to all who purchased and enjoyed my screen products. Sadly there were a limited number of skylight screens that warped slightly and a very small number that warped fairly badly. To my detractors I say look at the vinyl edge trim in your westy and how did it fair over time? Some westys have perfect trim years on and others the trim has shriveled and shrunk. Both are likely a result of variations in unrelieved surface tensions from the way the vinyl was manufactured and local conditions the vans were subjected too. Yes I could build a skylight screen from aluminium or even plywood but both would add production issues, major cost increases and higher shipping costs. Would a skylight screen product sell at $16o~200 usd price point? I dunno maybe. The window screen inserts had to be made from an easily bendable material to allow fitment into the window frames, it was a part of the design brief. Bringing a product or series of products to market is a fun process but not without its downfalls, I have hundreds of happy customers and met some great people. I tried to produce a useable product at an affordable price. The major bulk of the skylight kits that were produced and sold from 2014~2017 so a good many are now 5-6 years old and still serving the intended purpose

I do intend to revisit the project at some point but circumstances and other business ventures have delayed that for a longer period than I originally planned. Any reports of my untimely demise are premature and I have answered every PM that has been sent to me with comments or questions regarding the products. I do not at this time have any screens of any type available as I sold the Shopbot CNC router I used to manufacture them over a year ago. A replacement machine has not been put into service due to other commitments.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: