Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 959, 960, 961 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Yustrn, please start a thread on your new bus and fill it with all the great stories of your friend previous owner/vw mechanic. She sounds awesome.

I also love the donation to her favorite dog charity. More people need to do that.
Popcorn

Yustrn wrote:
A close friend of the family gave me her split window bus that she got back in college. I have been working with her to get this bus for 10+ years and it happened this weekend, it’s a 60 Mango bus that was converted by a company into a camper in the SF Bay Area in the 70’s. Last reg shows 1982, other than the Jersey look wheel wells and upgraded taillight openings is a solid bus and now part of the family.

It proves two things, they are still out there and there is still good people out in this world. Since there was no way I could just take it for free I made a nice donation to her favorite charity, so hopefully there are some rescue dogs eating good and sleeping on new beds Cool

And one more fact to trip out on, she was a mechanic at a local VW dealership back in 78’ her stories are amazing and very educational.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

There are more pix on my Instagram y_u_strn I think one pic here to document a “found” bus is fine for me, I’m not here to become internet famous because I got lucky and found a bus in a field, I’ll leave the movie making, 100 pix post to others than want the attention more than I.

No disrespect to the fame seekers.
ddutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Nice bus and great story! Looks pretty solid. Do I see some Mango still lurking underneath that grey (household?) paint?
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad not everyone is a Instagram subscriber Not talking
KWZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I would clean that up and roll it exactly as is. Looks like a background vehicle in a CHiPs episode
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

KWZ wrote:
I would clean that up and roll it exactly as is. Looks like a background vehicle in a CHiPs episode

It still has it's Chick Iverson Newport Beach dealer plate frame, so it could have been. Shocked
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Another mango bus parked beside it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
Another mango bus parked beside it?
Not sure the original color of that one, right now it's a mix of velvet green and teradactyl poop. Laughing

That one may or may not come my way in the future as well, it is not for sale or ready to leave it's current spot anytime soon by wishes of the owner...maybe in another 10 years I can post that one on here...lol
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

‘59 panel original paint logoed euro sold new in Dallas, Texas. Was formerly a one owner bus with less than 25k actual miles. Dennis Collins found this bus a few weeks ago. My friends and I traveled down, rebuilt her mechanically and drove back home half way across country. Here’s the YouTube link for anyone who would like to check it out.

https://youtu.be/_ag1Bf2VN_Y

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler

Last edited by Graysvws on Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Love that patina. Is that how it was found? Love the stance.

Graysvws wrote:
‘59 panel original paint logoed euro sold new in Dallas, Texas. Was formerly a one owner bus with less than 25k actual miles. Dennis Collins found this bus a few weeks ago. My friends and I traveled down, rebuilt her mechanically and drove back home half way across country. Here’s the YouTube link for anyone who would like to check it out.

https://youtu.be/_ag1Bf2VN_Y

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

So bus hunting now includes buying cars from a TV/you tube guy that "dug it up", and advertised it for sale?

Great bus, and nice to see it on the road and cleaned up, but calling this one "bus hunting" is a stretch.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
So bus hunting now includes buying cars from a TV/you tube guy that "dug it up", and advertised it for sale?

Great bus, and nice to see it on the road and cleaned up, but calling this one "bus hunting" is a stretch.

This in spades.
Plus how many threads are needed to promote it? It’s now in three…

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

It's fine to post it in here as something new but let's stick ongoing questions/comments related to the Bus in his dedicated thread so they are not split across multiple areas:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=757444
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Sorry! Dennis just found the bus, I’d say that’s relevant to bus hunting…. Secondly it was never advertised for sale. It’s been posted 3 times in separate threads, I apologize for using this as a method of trying to grow my new channel promoting buses and adventures like I’ve always thought buses were originally loved for. I’m gonna guess more have appreciated seeing it than the 2 that oppose seeing it a painful 3 times.

cdennisg wrote:

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:
Sorry! Dennis just found the bus, I’d say that’s relevant to bus hunting…. Secondly it was never advertised for sale. It’s been posted 3 times in separate threads, I apologize for using this as a method of trying to grow my new channel promoting buses and adventures like I’ve always thought buses were originally loved for. I’m gonna guess more have appreciated seeing it than the 2 that oppose seeing it a painful 3 times.

cdennisg wrote:

Moderation is key. I follow you and watch your videos, and appreciate the non-VW content you have. If you want to grow your channel, I'd suggest putting a link to it in your signature. I think the bus is cool, and looking forward to what you do with it, but seeing the same picture in three different threads is a bit much.

This was definitely not hunting. I'd even say that Dennis finding it wasn't hunting, as someone brought it to him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:

cdennisg wrote:

No apologies necessary, as I said and many others have too, it is a great bus with a great look. I am glad it's back on the road being enjoyed.

It just seems odd to say it was hunted down and dug out.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Different folks hunt in different ways and different places. I am happy to see any bus get some love no matter where it was found. I'd like to see every split bus posted in this topic when it comes out of disrepair and into the bus world.

more buses good thing.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Yeah...I know. Don't bother asking, you'll never find it. What a world.
[Looks like an old Nash bumper to me.]
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

&Dan wrote:

Yeah...I know. Don't bother asking, you'll never find it. What a world.
[Looks like an old Nash bumper to me.]

That's a badass bus.
12/62 French 11 Window Bus
Wedge VW
Pandraggers C.C.
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

OvalinAz wrote:

That's a badass bus.

Sigh...it sure is. I can be pretty persuasive, but my skills are probably not commensurate to the task of making this one mine.

Goddammit.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 959, 960, 961 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 960 of 990

Jump to: