Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

adjusting 2002 windshield squirters?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
grapedaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: adjusting 2002 windshield squirters? Reply with quote

Are the 2002 windshield squirters adjustable for height of spray? If so, how?

I replaced my windshield squirter grommets and now they spray much too low. They are the heated type and seem to be specific-to-Eurovan parts, so all the instructions I find for adjusting squirters on other VWs don't seem to apply as far as I can tell.
2003 Westfalia "Tourmaline" (sold)
2021 MB Metris Getaway “TheDarkSide”
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
grapedaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: adjusting 2002 windshield squirters? Reply with quote

None of my research led to a solution. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions that might lead to further brainstorming. They don't have to be adjusted perfect. I would just like to get the stream pointed at the glass.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
streamr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: adjusting 2002 windshield squirters? Reply with quote

I don't believe they are adjustable, I've tried. I was having a hard time getting the driver's side to hit the window properly. The crossover tube connector cracked so I took the opportunity to replace everything. I put in new hoses and I think what did it were the new rubber oval deals that hold the squirters in place. Once I slid them over the squirters, they just popped into place with a nice click. Perfectly aligned with both giving me a nice even wide spray toward the center of the windshield.
grapedaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: adjusting 2002 windshield squirters? Reply with quote

I have ordered a pair of replacement nozzles 7D1955986A

I had already replaced the rubber grommets 7D1955997 and when I pushed the old nozzles back into position, they just didn't snap in and line up right --even though they were pushed all the way in. I pulled them back out and tried again and while pulling the tabs out a little on one of the nozzles, I broke off a tab, so I will try again with new nozzles when they arrive.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: