Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

6x9 Rear Speaker install
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rorke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:57 am    Post subject: 6x9 Rear Speaker install Reply with quote

To improve the tune situation, I really wanted good 6x9 speakers in the back of the westfalia.

There isn't much room if you have an air conditioner, but there is enough. I bought a new facia from Rhino Designs to make the plenum delete look spiffy. At .6" thick, the board helped bump the speaker out that little extra.

It took lots of measuring and shaving with a rotozip at an angle, but they fit without spacers.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Snoww_
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 6x9 Rear Speaker install Reply with quote

Nice! I did the same in my tintop with AC and it's a very tight fit. I bet it sounds great now. Cool
Red Ryder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 6x9 Rear Speaker install Reply with quote

Of course to each his/her own, but personally I would have put a pair of nice 5.25” two-way speakers in there to save all the “fabrication” woes.
Rolling Eyes

“Scarlett” — 1990 Vanagon Carat Wolfsburg Edition
Tornado Red
Rorke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: 6x9 Rear Speaker install Reply with quote

Red Ryder wrote:
Of course to each his/her own, but personally I would have put a pair of nice 5.25” two-way speakers in there to save all the “fabrication” woes.
Rolling Eyes

But this is my hobby.
And tunes.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: