Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eurovan - How to remove LP detector fuse? 12 volt breaker panel
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frostilicus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject: Eurovan - How to remove LP detector fuse? 12 volt breaker panel Reply with quote

Hey so I am super unfamiliar with the 12 Volt Breaker Panel on my 97 Eurovan.
I would like to temporarily pull the fuse for the LP detector alarm. (my aux battery is toast and I don't want the beep alarm going off!)
So I open the 12 Volt Breaker Panel and have no idea how to get the 6 amp fuse out from the LP alarm fuse socket. I can unplug the whole 6 amp fuse if I take the whole Panel off, but it seems as if the small fuse should pop out somehow?
So confused....

Also while playing around with the other fuses above the LP fuse and I pressed them "in" trying to see if that is how you "pop" them out. They preceded to stay stuck "in". Did I do anything bad?

Lol I am total electric and Eurovan newb!!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

JMB3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan - How to remove LP detector fuse? 12 volt breaker panel Reply with quote

The stock fuse is removable. https://vweurovan.fandom.com/wiki/LP_Gas_Detector_Fuse
Frostilicus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan - How to remove LP detector fuse? 12 volt breaker panel Reply with quote

Yes it's removable but how do I "remove" the fuse?

I can take off the panel and unplug it, but seems like there should be an easier way?
Frostilicus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan - How to remove LP detector fuse? 12 volt breaker panel Reply with quote

After looking at pictures of the fuse that it supposed to be in there (Bussman HTB-86I fuse holder ) I think I have some sort of aftermarket fuse instead. I will disassemble the panel and look again.
I may have to just unplug that fuse ( a block thing) inside of the panel, but then I will have dangley wires which I am concerned about. .... [/url]
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan - How to remove LP detector fuse? 12 volt breaker panel Reply with quote

What you see is the fuse holder, not the actual fuse. Grasp what you see and twist it to the left while pressing in on it. The fuse itself will be a glass tube with metal caps on each end. Take it out and leave it out until you sleep in the van, keep it in a dry handy place in the van.

That is the only fuse, everything else is circuit breakers. They should be in the "in" position if the circuit is operating normally. If one pops out then you have a problem in that particular circuit. Find the short in that circuit, repair it, then push the breaker in again.

And there is a master breaker - the big one by itself that is labeled "Green band means off" and "Push On Pull Off".
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
Frostilicus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan - How to remove LP detector fuse? 12 volt breaker panel Reply with quote

So my LP detector Fuse is NOT a removable fuse but a "6 amp push to reset circuit breaker"!!

Unknown Why there isn't a regular pull out fuse plug thing - maybe this was the only replacement thing they could find. What a weird mystery.

I temporarily pulled the the whole thing out, disconnected both wires from the circuit breaker.

Can I safely have these wires free or am I risking some sort or weird electrical arc if the wire connectors touch something. ??
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan - How to remove LP detector fuse? 12 volt breaker panel Reply with quote

Frostilicus wrote:

Can I safely have these wires free or am I risking some sort or weird electrical arc if the wire connectors touch something. ??

If you just disconnect the output wire from that breaker, which is the one with the push on connector, you should be fine letting it dangle. Leave the other end connected though.

You may be able to find a breaker in that style that can be turned off as well. This type of breaker is common in light planes, and they all feature the ability to turn off a circuit in case something on that circuit malfunctions and needs to be disabled.
Something similar to this:
https://www.wicksaircraft.com/shop/push-pull-circuit-breaker/

Searching for
Push pull circuit breaker

should yield some results.
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan - How to remove LP detector fuse? 12 volt breaker panel Reply with quote

For anyone finding this in the future, The bus depot has the OE replacement breakers:
https://www.busdepot.com/253070534
Frostilicus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan - How to remove LP detector fuse? 12 volt breaker panel Reply with quote

THANK YOU!!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan - How to remove LP detector fuse? 12 volt breaker panel Reply with quote

Tape up all loose wires with 3M electrical tape. This includes ground wires. This is good practice.

Not HF, drugstore, or fleabay , but the real stuff
Frostilicus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan - How to remove LP detector fuse? 12 volt breaker panel Reply with quote

Was going to find a new circuit breaker push / pull part but now I found the "original" fuse holder on Amazon, and I am confused. Should i put a circuits breaker switch or an actual fuse holder (with fuse) ??
https://www.amazon.com/COOPER-BUSSMANN-HTB-86I-R-HOLDER-PANEL/dp/B005T8X3VQ
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: