Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

type2vw - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: type2vw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
Doodoob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

I contacted the Steve on 4 June via his ad here on The Samba for a 1974 Safare Brochure. I was asking if he would sell it for $40 shipped. He replied on 7 June stating yes so I then sent the payment via PayPal and an email stating the payment was sent. He replied stating he got it. I then contacted him via email on 11 June asking if he had shipped it yet. Too which there was no reply so I emailed him again on 16 June asking if it had been shipped yet and that if I didnt receive a reply by Friday I would be filing a dispute with PayPal. So here we are with no reply so I filed a dispute and I am hoping he will reply and send the brochure. I own 1974 Safare and really wanted the brochure.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Any heard from Steve? Two plus weeks after receipt of payment: no item, no shipping/tracking info. 3 emails unanswered, though he’s been on here on and off. Guess it’s time for dispute?

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:
Any heard from Steve? Two plus weeks after receipt of payment: no item, no shipping/tracking info. 3 emails unanswered, though he’s been on here on and off. Guess it’s time for dispute?

I’ve now escalated my case to PayPal, as Steve has still not responded to emails, a message through PayPal, all while being active on TheSamba on several occasions. Why is it so hard to pay someone what they want for a good they’re advertising?!

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Doodoob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Still no answer from this guy. What a joke........the Admins need to take action against him as this is now a reoccurring theme. He takes money from members on here, pulls a vanishing act, and never responds to emails or messages, yet he is continuing to be active on here. He was active today and the sale ad for the brochure that I paid is still active.

In the past 21 days I have sent at least 3 emails from my email account, 2 via the email link on his ad, 1 IM, 1 message via PayPal and now I just escalated my dispute in PayPal.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

I can email him if you send me the details.
Sometimes he replies to me, sometimes not.
Or proceed with the Paypal dispute.

He is one of the few people with a warning at the start of his thread... for this exact thing.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Doodoob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

After all the emails and filing a dispute through PayPal and getting no response I contacted Everett. He emailed the Steve and magically 4 days later I received my product. Thank you to Everett. I will never purchase from this member again, nor would I recommend anyone else to.
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Same here. Escalated dispute to PayPal, then he responds to my request for refund after a few days with tracking number only (not even an apology). PayPal then denies my request. No problem. It arrived after I left town to visit the friends for which the manual was supposed to be a gift - a month to arrive is effin ridiculous. Blocked user and ads now: no worries on future purchases.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Michael Rogers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought an ad from Steve paid him right away and I have not heard anything since he confirmed he received the money. Paid him on July 2, I have emailed him, texted, called and emailed through the samba. So what's up Steve? Where is my ad? The ad is still up and I have included a link below.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2456543
tomR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

I can add myself to the ones who fail to communicate with Steve. I bought ten brochures for a total of 250 USD which has been paid by paypal on 2nd of July. Email conversation was quite fast with him those days. We had a short misunderstanding about shipping it to Germany or a friend in US, which has been solved fast. On the 10th of July, after asking him for a tracking number, he mailed me about some health issues which blocked him from answering earlier, but he told me he would ship within the next two days. Nothing more happened since that day. I wrote him several emails without getting any answer at all. I opened a dispute on Paypal after waiting three weeks, but he didn't react on this as well. On the other side, he is still online every few days and updating his adds. Last time on the 4th of August. And I'm quite sure that some ads of those items I bought had been removed in the past, but now they are active again...
tomR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just to keep things updated: I didn't get any reply from Steve and had to ask Paypal for refund. I'm glad to say it worked, because Steve didn't answer to Paypal as well...

Nevertheless this seller can't be recommended from me. It was a waste of time and energy, and he is still trying to sell those items on thesamba which I bought and paid...

kind regards, Tom
type2vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

to all those who attempted to buy from me. i am very sorry for all the issues. i used to take great pride in my ads, feedback and return customers. things have obviously changed. my health has been failing me since i was 7. i'm now 62. degenerative autoimmune diseases are no fun. i was only able to attend bugarama last month because i stopped taking a medication that makes getting out of bed very difficult. i just had to suffer from not having the meds.

i have taken all my ads down except the attempt to sell my collections to those that can pick them up. i won't be wasting your time anymore. if my ads start showing up again, it's probably my wife or kids trying to sell of what's left of my vw love. again, i am sorry i failed so many & so often it's not what i got into this hobby for.
my56samba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your health issues but the only item that I have bought off the Samba so far and didn't receive, was a Dec 54 Beetle manual from you about 2 years ago. I had trouble setting up a Paypal account at the time so I sent a Bank draft for the money and with no reply from you when I messaged you 2 months later that I didn't receive it I had to cut my loss. I finally got my PayPal set up and have used it for all purchases since. At least most people got their money back. it's too bad your wife or kids couldn't have helped you out when you couldn't keep up with your Samba selling. I wish you the best in health but I am still very disappointed in not receiving my manual and losing my money.
type2vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

my56samba wrote:
Sorry to hear of your health issues but the only item that I have bought off the Samba so far and didn't receive, was a Dec 54 Beetle manual from you about 2 years ago. I had trouble setting up a Paypal account at the time so I sent a Bank draft for the money and with no reply from you when I messaged you 2 months later that I didn't receive it I had to cut my loss. I finally got my PayPal set up and have used it for all purchases since. At least most people got their money back. it's too bad your wife or kids couldn't have helped you out when you couldn't keep up with your Samba selling. I wish you the best in health but I am still very disappointed in not receiving my manual and losing my money.

when did you send the money (roughly) if i got it, i'll return it. sorry.
tomR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Dear Steve! I'm sorry to read about your health issues. Honestly, I still haven't understood why our email communication was interrupted once I paid, but your thesamba ads were renewed regulary. That was confusing to me from the distance. I know there is no real chance to help you. But if your wife and kids are going to support you selling your stuff, I can offer that they might continue our deal. If they ship my orders as discussed, I'd promise to send the money once again. If you want to sell, that might be helpful.... Kind regards and best wishes, tom
type2vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

tomR wrote:
Dear Steve! I'm sorry to read about your health issues. Honestly, I still haven't understood why our email communication was interrupted once I paid, but your thesamba ads were renewed regulary. That was confusing to me from the distance. I know there is no real chance to help you. But if your wife and kids are going to support you selling your stuff, I can offer that they might continue our deal. If they ship my orders as discussed, I'd promise to send the money once again. If you want to sell, that might be helpful.... Kind regards and best wishes, tom

one of my sons in florida or west sacramento would update my ads from time to time. i was referring to when i'm dead they are going to have to do something with my things. i would have tried to fulfill your purchase but once a claim was filed i had to ship it to the provided address or Paypal would have refunded your money even though the items had been sent to the california address.
tomR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Dear Steve!

Before I started any claim at Paypal, I tried to contact you several times directly by email, with the help of Roger from California, with the help from Everett and through Paypal. So I'm quite sure you did not try to fullfill my order some weeks ago...

But this is the past. I don't want to discuss this further. I accept your excusion, and I offer that I would still be in the deal, if your family is going to help you. If that is helpful to you ... You can decide.

If you sent the stuff to Roger as discussed, I promise I'll send you the money once again.

Kind regards, Thomas
type2vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

no worries. thanks for your patience.
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got an owner's manual in fantastic shape; no issues . Thanks!
"If Von Dutch was alive, he'd walk in there with a pistol and shoot these people."
-Robert Williams
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a hold down strap from Steve, and it arrived quickly and exactly as described and pictured. He had great communication, and I would buy from him again.
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: