Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas.
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

Hello Samba folks! My friends and I recently traveled to Wylie, Texas to resurrect a logoed original paint ‘59 euro panel and filmed the whole trip. We thought some of you may enjoy. Please like and share, we’d greatly appreciate!

https://youtu.be/_ag1Bf2VN_Y

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

a little bit of cleanup did wonders for this one.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

The only cleaning it’s received so far has been the rain 😂. I’ll be cleaning her up soon tho.
mandraks wrote:

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

BAD ASS BUS.
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

TIRES KINDA LOOK GOOFY..BUT I DIG IT.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:
The only cleaning it’s received so far has been the rain 😂. I’ll be cleaning her up soon tho.
mandraks wrote:

yeah, i noticed that was the shiny side Smile However, we have had some good rains the last couple of weeks, should help quite a bit.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

Somebody beat you to posting here about your bus.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=755503
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

Yep, I followed that thread. The video I posted has Dennis in it as well.
EmpiGT wrote:
Somebody beat you to posting here about your bus.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=755503

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

That youtube video is awesome, great work. Totally epic drive-out. Well done.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

Lind wrote:

And minus the mild hiccups, it looks like - and I hope so - you guys had fun doin’ it!

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

Thanks Lind!!
Lind wrote:

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

We had a blast for sure! Ready for the next one

62DoKaGuy wrote:
Lind wrote:

And minus the mild hiccups, it looks like - and I hope so - you guys had fun doin’ it!

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
tasb
The Distributor Distributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

Whooo Hoooo! original M 178 (speed governor equipped) 36 HP Bus engine! Business owner didn't want his employees driving too fast. The very definition of an oxymoron. Hope you didn't leave it behind?

1965 hardtop Deluxe Microbus owned since 1990 M 620 factory 12 v 1500cc

1961 (October)Single Cab- Road Trip Workhorse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

Nope, I got it and the original trans. I feel like it with a simple once over and reseal it would come back to life and be fine… just slow haha
tasb wrote:
Whooo Hoooo! original M 178 (speed governor equipped) 36 HP Bus engine! Business owner didn't want his employees driving too fast. The very definition of an oxymoron. Hope you didn't leave it behind?

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
FritzCP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

So what was the final cause of your intermittent miss? what is the fuel pump, or ignition or ?. will you be buffing it out?

Nice vid. thanks for sharing!
Fritz 70 - 6306 Bearing Puller
Fritz 44 - Dizzy Puller
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

We ended up replacing the fuel pump and the condenser and that was the end of our troubles. I’m guessing the fuel pump tho.

Yes, I will be cleaning it up then buffing it. I feel like it’s going to come out pretty well. I will do an update video of it cleaned in the next few weeks.

FritzCP wrote:
So what was the final cause of your intermittent miss? what is the fuel pump, or ignition or ?. will you be buffing it out?

Nice vid. thanks for sharing!

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: ‘59 og paint logoed low mile euro panel sold new in Texas. Reply with quote

Awesome video, great bus and what a cool adventure. Loved it
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: