Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
carbonspork
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

Other than the super sweet paint job, this weird home made? high top that some Icelander installed.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hi BTW, been reading so many old articles during this rebuild that I figured I should make an account Smile
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

carbonspork wrote:

Hi BTW, been reading so many old articles during this rebuild that I figured I should make an account Smile

Beautiful pic and van! Welcome...More about your van?

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwKind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

Recaro's from a rare beast. Can you guess the car from the brand on the seat??

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
clift_d
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

carbonspork wrote:
Other than the super sweet paint job, this weird home made? high top that some Icelander installed.

Cool! We didn't see many other T3s when we were over there in 2016.

Our van has a snorkel fitted, as well as a second towing eye at the front. We also have a marine diesel filter with water separator fitted, but I don't have any pics of that.

DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

Bumper modified to fit US plate size

Rear heater moved to DS seat pedestal with proportional valve control at driver's legs and reachable while driving. All the way to the right is off so matches the dash levers for max defrosting.

Sear's sunroof first installed in new '83 T3 and transferred 3 or 4 times.

Before

After
carbonspork
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:

1985 Diesel Automatic. My wife and I are here in Iceland for a few years for her job and I got it for very little from what I believe was the 9th owner. Lots of history, much of it neglect and hack jobs. Figured it'd be something to do this summer since I've always loved these things, and I've always wanted to learn to work on a diesel. I don't know if there's a "show off your van" thread but she's quite a beast. Lots of damage in the house electronics from what was a clear electrical fire (probably caused by the button to start it that someone at some point wired to the house battery) , I re-did all of that from scratch, spent entirely too much time getting her to start and run reliably, but it's been a fun project. I know these things are unreliable, but for the US equivalent of a few hundred bucks, it was a really cool experience to get it going again, and now my wife and I have it camp-worthy for the rest of the summer in Iceland.
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

crez wrote:

Zimmer...cool seats!
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

My van has $8k of my money sunk into it over the years on repairs. Wink
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

PDXWesty wrote:

Distinctive because the # is that low?
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

mikemtnbike wrote:
PDXWesty wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

Where is the dancing money emoticon? If there was one, I'd install it in my bus(es)..
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

mikemtnbike wrote:
PDXWesty wrote:

Yeah, seriously. I updated my van's spreadsheet recently, after sitting idle for years, and fully regret adding in the costs. Holy [bleep]!! Shocked
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Snoww_
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

Idk if it was a good idea or not but I haven't seen another van with a bedliner roof at any meet I've been too. Probably makes it hotter inside but I already don't have AC so.... Rolling Eyes It was cheaper than having it repainted after the paint started peeling.

Captain Pike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

Me mofo, me.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

carbonspork wrote:
joetiger wrote:

1985 Diesel Automatic. My wife and I are here in Iceland for a few years for her job and I got it for very little from what I believe was the 9th owner. Lots of history, much of it neglect and hack jobs. Figured it'd be something to do this summer since I've always loved these things, and I've always wanted to learn to work on a diesel. I don't know if there's a "show off your van" thread but she's quite a beast. Lots of damage in the house electronics from what was a clear electrical fire (probably caused by the button to start it that someone at some point wired to the house battery) , I re-did all of that from scratch, spent entirely too much time getting her to start and run reliably, but it's been a fun project. I know these things are unreliable, but for the US equivalent of a few hundred bucks, it was a really cool experience to get it going again, and now my wife and I have it camp-worthy for the rest of the summer in Iceland.

Do you have any pics of the engine compartment? I'd love to see how VW connected the throttle arm to the pump on a T3. I will be converting my TDI Vanagon from manual to auto in a little while.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
vwKind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

RoryGirl wrote:
crez wrote:

Zimmer...cool seats!

Yes, indeed!! I think the seats are worth more than i originally paid for the van lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
taigagreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

Merian wrote:
Lutefisk stickers Exclamation

Nice 🤓

Have you tried it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
taigagreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

I have an -88 club joker with -91 Atlantic seats, front and rear 🤓 Bought the Atlantic for cheap and sold it on after swapping out the painful ISRI seats that came in the club joker.

dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

taigagreen wrote:
Merian wrote:
Lutefisk stickers Exclamation

Nice 🤓

Have you tried it?

An acquired taste, often a waste of perfectly good cod...and drain cleaner...

Laughing Wink

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Distintive About Your Vanagon That No One Else Has? Reply with quote

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Although it got cropped, the VIN is a match. Note Fahrvergnugen is free. They may think so, but I've found it's far from free.

Paid $4500 for it 8 years ago and now have about........................$18,610 in it. Well, maybe about a couple short of it, but it won't take long.

Duncan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: