Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stainless body trim issue - Wolfsburg west
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless body trim issue - Wolfsburg west Reply with quote

Has anyone bought body trim from here? Looks like high-quality stuff. A bit pricey, but more than likely comes in the correct length Laughing

http://www.kaefervwrostfrei.de/html/k_zierl_e.html

*October '54 Ragtop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
leec
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless body trim issue - Wolfsburg west Reply with quote

Hi all,
Bringing this post back up….
I just bought a set of Wolfsburg West stainless steel body trim set. Door trims are thankfully the correct length, however the shape looks wrong. The door trim is lower at the b pillar end than the rear quarter trim. It looks like the door has dropped but it has t as all body lines line up perfect. Anyone else seen this?

Passenger side (RHD bug) better but not perfect
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless body trim issue - Wolfsburg west Reply with quote

Yeah, I have seen this when the holes for the trim are drilled in the wrong location. While not the same parts, I often seen this poor execution on 356 Speedster, Convertible D, and Roadster
leec
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless body trim issue - Wolfsburg west Reply with quote

Just to be clear, my issue isn’t with a hole drilled incorrectly as the original vw trim was all good. The issue appears to be with the WW replacements
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless body trim issue - Wolfsburg west Reply with quote

Another recent thread on the WW stainless trim with problems
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787854

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWNate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless body trim issue - Wolfsburg west Reply with quote

It's good that Sean stood up and sort of made this right .

WW makes plenty of $ but doesn't like to accept that sometimes (even with German parts back in the 1960's) there are defective parts .

It took some doing before he replaced my defective 6 wire '55 ~ '59 turn signal switch, it dragged so badly I couldn't keep it clamped in place ~ as soon as you tried to use it the housing would be forced to move on the mast jacket .

The replacement one won't stay on when turning right and the left side sometimes don't come on until I tap the end of the stalk .

I bought the stainless steel trims and like them very much .

I too had the wobbly/rattling issue with the clips, it's because they didn't bend them in sufficiently .

Also these new stainless steel ones are significantly thinner than the original aluminum ones, factory ones you position in place then bump them in with the heel of your palm ~ this dented one of my new S.S. strips so I rocked and pushed the rest into place .

Don't forget the rubbers ! they prevent water ingress and reduce rattles .

One last Beetle : 1959 #113 DeLuxe survivor ~ 36HP & full synchro tranny, 6 volts etc.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: