Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Art Augustensen - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Art Augustensen
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 24, 2024
shortycuka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

Moderator note:
This buyer has several complaints about doing Paypal claims and backing out of sales, possibly by lying about the condition of parts.
You may not want to sell to him because of this - see feedback posts below.

===========================

Beware of this guy when selling him something.

He ordered a NOS glove box with keys I'm selling on the classified ads, the ad says you could choose from the following codes (SC13) (SC14) (SC169) he says ok, I want (SC240) WTF?
After a few more emails he decides he wants one and sends payment, I shipped one of them (SC14) next day, once he received he says this glove box lock won't work for me because it doesn't fit my 61, I said yes it does. My keys are (SU107) so the lock won't work, first time he mentions that code, he wants his money back, I said all my items are sold as is, no refunds, ask questions first, as a courtesy I will give store credit, no because you only sell keys, duh!

Before you know it, he opens a paypal claim, (item not as described) really? For whatever reason paypal sided with him and returned his money, long story short, thanks for the waste of time, this is a typical case of not doing your research before and a clear case of buyers remorse, be careful when selling anything to him. Evil or Very Mad
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

Art inquired about a part I had for sale. He was clear in his communication and paid in a non-revocable method, as instructed. Thank you Art.
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

I wish I had read his feedback page before selling to him. Sellers BEWARE!! Do not, I repeat...DO NOT deal with the buyer.

I sold Mr. Augustensen a used, very rare EMPI SB12 headlight ring on here with 12 photos in the ad, along with two original 1960's steering wheel horn rings. I had them advertised as a lot of 6 for $50... but he only wanted two, so against my better judgement, I separated the ad, for him. There were 8 photos in the ad of the steering wheel horn rings. He wanted "the two nicest ones" and I told him, I would agree to sell them for $12/each if he wanted them.

So, he did. He bought the Empi ring and two steering horn buttons. Totaling $90 for the headlight ring, horn buttons and shipping.

He got the box in the mail 3 days later and complained. Told me the headlight ring was "cracked" and that "The horn button are worthless" He also told me they were "filthy" and wanted a refund for the two horn rings and along with threatening me me by putting on a date by that he wanted a refund for these horn rings... I kid you not, the date he wrote was 3 weeks earlier than his original payment date... Rolling Eyes

I told him if I had SEVERAL photos in the ads and if he was not happy then do what all other buyers who buy things online do.... and return them. I don't need to be threatened to take a return, but having multiple photos of everything in the ad, the buyer should know what he is receiving! I told him, that once I get them back, I would refund him for the parts in full. Not a big deal... His issue was that he wanted a full refund for the parts without mailing them back.... Rolling Eyes

Just like he did to other buyers...He then opened up case on paypal, wanting $16 more than he paid for the two horn rings. His claim is for $40 back for the 2 horn rings.... This guy is a thief and appears to be a pretty good scam artist. I will be contacting paypal on this matter and providing ample evidence and photos of our email conversations about the parts he ordered and what he is mailing back. He is wanting almost 2x what he paid for the horn buttons. He should not be allowed to buy any more on here. Buyers BEWARE and steer clear!
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

Important Update: Minutes after I posted this, Mr. Augustensen emailed me and closed the paypal claim after I provided clear evidence of the purchase price for the parts he is requesting return on. He said he sent them back and if he did when I receive them, I will send him a refund for the 2 horn buttons.
icemanhd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

As stated above BEWARE of selling this guy ANYTHING as his game plan is to either ask to return items he ordered for no reason and/or file a paypal claim in hopes of being able to keep what he ordered and the money. I actually read his feedback before selling him anything and he had only 1 entry at the time which was negative but hoped it was a misunderstanding.

Prior to buying anything he called me multiple times and e mailed me (asking questions and changing the order) 19 times. 3 weeks after receiving the items (morning of Sunday March 7th) he sent me an e mail saying his engine builder looked over everything and it was all good except for a used flywheel that had a groove. 36 hrs later he files a paypal claim stating the 45 yr old NOS German Mahle pistons/cylinders in their original factory packaging and box have surface rust.
76 912E
87 911 Carrera
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

Art said he wanted a (new) piston & cylinder set I had for sale and he wanted it double boxed.
I obliged, got it all ready to go and then he changed his mind about getting it.
Thank you for the exercise in packing and wasting my time with multiple phone calls. Brick wall
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

Right after leaving feedback I did the following:
Go to the linked page and about an inch under where it says "Avatar"... clicked on each of the two "ignore" links: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=447719

This is what clicking the two links does:
Ignore List - Classifieds
Adding members to this list will block their ads from appearing in the Classifieds section of the site when you browse the Classifieds or perform a Search, with the exception of the New Ads listing. It will also block them from contacting you through your ads.

Ignore List
Adding members to this list will block their forum posts from being visible and they will not be able to send you Private Messages.
AirHead1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a 1967 Owners Manual from him. It was shipped promptly and was exactly as advertised. I am very happy with the transaction. I would certainly do business with him in future if needed.

Thanks.
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

BEWARE !!!! dealing with Art … he purchased parts then changed his mind and files a claim rather than just asking me for a refund he files the claim and his excuse is he did not receive his parts … but we agreed that I will ship the parts on Saturday 2/11/2023 (tomorrow) Very bad experience and very stressful dealing with a wishy washy buyer.

### I GUESS I SHOULD OF READ YOUR SHITTY FEEDBACK ##

Update 2/11/2023 .. he refuses to return a part I had sent earlier with the previous transaction but was part of the transaction that he filed a claim on .. I have proof via text of what parts he paid for and what was shipped. Besides being wishy washy he’s now a THIEF !!!!!
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

Update !! Art finally acknowledged that I am right about the ashtray but still will not return it instead he’s trying to pay me for it so he can keep it but since it’s part of the parts that he filed a claim/dispute about he must return it so we can move forward with this ordeal …… again BEWARE HE IS NOT SOMEONE TO DEAL WITH BECAUSE HE WILL CHANGE HIS MIND AND FILE A CLAIM/DISPUTE DEMANDING A REFUND ….. NOT WORTH THE STRESS AND HEADACHE TO DEAL WITH THIS INDIVIDUAL!!!
54 Pre-A Porsche
56 semiphore ragtop
67 euro squareback

restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

######## UPDATE UPDATE #####

Ok as of today Art went from wanting to pay me for the ashtray separately on a different transaction to changing his excuse on PayPal to it being damaged after trying to buy it thru another PayPal transaction now and still will not return the ashtray VERY IGNORANT TO TRY THAT AND YET STILL HE REFUSES TO RETURN IT FOR A FULL REFUND PRETTY SIMPLE RETURN THE EXACT ASHTRAY IN THE EXACT SAME CONDITION IT WAS SENT AND RECEIVED IN. PAYPAL HAS ALL THE PICTURES AND CORRESPONDENCE.

VERY SAD THAT THIS LOWLIFE USES PAYPAL AS A MEANS TO GET ITEMS FOR FREE …. HE SHOULD BE BANNED WE DO NOT NEED INDIVIDUALS LIKE HIM TO MANIPULATE THE USE OF PAYPAL TO GET FREE ITEMS FROM THIS SITE AND OTHERS.

## DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY !!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY !!!! ##

He says he would NEVER SWINDLE ANYONE because he go’s to church WOW 😮

I copied this straight from PayPal messages he had sent me

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

54 Pre-A Porsche
56 semiphore ragtop
67 euro squareback

restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

Update …. Unbelievable PayPal sided with art even though he admitted to having my part and not wanting to return it. And I have EVERYTHING screenshot and downloaded with PayPal. Here’s why they sided with art and yes it’s a lesson learned.

The mistake I made is I sent the ashtray with his first transaction and I should not have because even though he said it was fine and he acknowledged he has the ashtray because the ashtray was not part of that first transaction it should not have been shipped with those parts if they were not part of that transaction so in other words DO NOT SEND PARTIAL SHIPMENTS YOU MUST SHIP IT ALL AT THE SAME TIME OR ART WILL F-you over like he did me.

BEST ADVICE IS TO NOT SELL THIS A-HOLE SHIT AND IF YOU DO TAKE A CHANCE ON THIS MOFO ….. DO NOT ACCEPT A PAYPAL PAYMENT !!!!!! MAKE THIS LOSER PAY YOU IN A WAY THAT HE CAN’T TAKE THE MONEY BACK !!!!

## MAKE SURE YOU READ THE MODERATORS NOTES AND PREVIOUS POST##
BEFORE DEALING WITH THIS THEIVING MOFO !!!!
54 Pre-A Porsche
56 semiphore ragtop
67 euro squareback

hesperiarat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

This guy is selling the ashtray he stole from restojohnny and now he's selling it WTF !!!!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2650921
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ad deleted!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hesperiarat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

He is at it again trying to sell restojohnny's 67 only ashtray he stole from him DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS THEIF !!!!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2662767
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Art Augustensen - [email protected] Reply with quote

I removed the ad above after a couple notifications from members.

He posted it again today.

BANNED.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: