Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

really think the end is near for a lot of us
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/fact-sheets/radwaste.html

Don’t forget to put the garbage out on the curb Thursday morning Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
hmm that looks like the toxic waste dump that I went to school ontop of 4 years after they had filled it and covered it up and built the DOD 678 grade school for use military brats to go to so we could develop cancer 10- 20 years later .oh what fun we had there.

Atomic #90 THORIUM was discovered over 100 years ago, unfortunately for us it doesn't yield nuclear weapons, but India and China are working on reactors. It's safe, but expensive to provide the initial start up. Thorium can actually burn Nuke waste as power. The US actually built a couple small reactors, but again, it can't produce bombs, but it will produce clean energy w/o fear of deadly meltdowns and clouds. Most of our Thorium would have to be Bought from China. There are good clean sources of power, even man made thorium, but it probably won't happen.Thorium is used to make ceramics, welding rods, camera and telescope lenses, fire brick, heat resistant paint and metals used in the aerospace industry, as well as in nuclear reactions. it's there, but would it happen? Seems they don't want it to happen.A field of useless windmills will end-up costing more than a thorium reactor
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

NUTSFORBUSES wrote:

Atomic #90 THORIUM was discovered over 100 years ago, unfortunately for us it doesn't yield nuclear weapons, but India and China are working on reactors. It's safe, but expensive to provide the initial start up. Thorium can actually burn Nuke waste as power. The US actually built a couple small reactors, but again, it can't produce bombs, but it will produce clean energy w/o fear of deadly meltdowns and clouds. Most of our Thorium would have to be Bought from China. There are good clean sources of power, even man made thorium, but it probably won't happen.Thorium is used to make ceramics, welding rods, camera and telescope lenses, fire brick, heat resistant paint and metals used in the aerospace industry, as well as in nuclear reactions. it's there, but would it happen? Seems they don't want it to happen.A field of useless windmills will end-up costing more than a thorium reactor

Interesting reading. Obviously I didn't, nor does it seem many people know about this option from what I read down the rabbit hole on thorium.

I could see why the US and other nuclear powered countries opted to go the uranium route. The fissle material "waste" was just too much to resist because we could stuff it into bombs.

This is an example of a solution to the energy problem that was shelved because something else was more "juicy" at the time.

I'll have to read more on the subject, but on its face, it seems like a better solution than other options.

Thanks for posting.
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

This is actually a good "pros & cons" read-very accurate.
https://vittana.org/16-big-thorium-reactor-pros-and-cons

Unfortunately many will still hear the word "reactor" then protest, and it's been shelved for decades-except for China & India<they could not do it w/o our dollars. As of now our country is looking at very inefficient wind and solar which produce quite a lot of deadly pollution aside from being incredibly expensive and subject to overrun$, weather and kick backs like we see in Kalifornia w the super Rail to nowhere project among many.
You can buy Thorium on ebay.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

Quote:
his is an example of a solution to the energy problem that was shelved because something else was more "juicy" at the time.

Shelved because of the cabal of energy and the military industrial complex

The argument thst Uranium based reactors are more economical is specious because the cost of waste disposal of 10,000 year half life waste is not only ignored, it isn’t even known.

If these guys actually had to include waste processing in their balance sheets, every nuclear plant in the country would be cold and dark already
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

10,000 year...shit we will all be dead by then so lets go for it!!! thats the mentality that we deal with in somany sectors of the world, and sadley the drug makers are amoung the worse. I doubt we will survive them alone so...fire up that uranium!!! Shocked ( hell that radiation could just be the cure for the drugs side affects!!! Popcorn
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
10,000 year...shit we will all be dead by then so lets go for it!!! thats the mentality that we deal with in somany sectors of the world, and sadley the drug makers are amoung the worse. I doubt we will survive them alone so...fire up that uranium!!! Shocked ( hell that radiation could just be the cure for the drugs side affects!!! Popcorn

HA! True as it gets, we won't last that long. We are due for a massive change, "something comic" - or volcanic - or tectonic. This virus, as long as they ignore the cure & elimination of the "19" (Ivermectin) it will mutate endlessly into a monster, but in the mean time, its a nice annuity for Pharma despite the blood clots & cardiomyopathy they refuse to discuss. In my friend circle: 1 cardio 2 blood clot-under 40 years old & one Save by Ivermectin 85 years old. BTW, "Ivermectin" is a Censored Social Media Noun.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

NUTSFORBUSES wrote:

HA! True as it gets, we won't last that long. We are due for a massive change, "something comic" - or volcanic - or tectonic. .

did you mean cosmic? Confused

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

Yes, but now that I think about it "comic" may also apply if you turn on the news
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: really think the end is near for a lot of us Reply with quote

Ok, we are done, we are off the original topic too much and my BS meter is off the charts now
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: