Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Baja bug exhaust
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
75baja714
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject: Baja bug exhaust Reply with quote

Have a 75 with a 1835 in it. Looking for a exhaust system with heat riser flange in the appropriate positions. Anyone know where to look. Is this something everyone fabs there self. Thanks In advanced. Single Idf 40
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Baja bug exhaust Reply with quote

If you want one that works properly you will most likely have to do some fab work.
75baja714
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Baja bug exhaust Reply with quote

Yeah Fabd some up already. Didn’t quite do all my homework before I did. Just welded some old heat riser flange right where the exhaust flange meets the engine. Now I’m reading a bit more. I see there’s some technical aspects. Sad looks like back to the table it is. I wonder why they even make the exhaust with the flanges where they are on the ones I’ve seen online.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Baja bug exhaust Reply with quote

2 reasons come to mind, maybe 3. First off is cost, it costs more to make them right and it's a competitive market. Secondly most performance minded guys go dual carbs and don't need them. Lastly, today's stock'ish vintage VW buyer has either never driven an original VW or has only driven hacked examples and has no idea that they are not supposed to run like a turd that fell off the manure wagon.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: