Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Battery tender help
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Battery tender help Reply with quote

rcroane wrote:

No. The point I was trying to make was that I've put the tender on 3 batteries (including the Merc) that all show a full charge with my VOM. The tender will not show a full charge on any of those batteries. The battery in my F150 is less than 6 months old and measured 12.78V when I put the tender on it. Left it for several hours....amber light still glowing solid. In that circumstance, I would expect the tender to show steady green light in a matter of minutes.

Again.. have you taken a voltage reading straight off the charger, while plugged into the hack wired garage?

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Battery tender help Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
rcroane wrote:

No. The point I was trying to make was that I've put the tender on 3 batteries (including the Merc) that all show a full charge with my VOM. The tender will not show a full charge on any of those batteries. The battery in my F150 is less than 6 months old and measured 12.78V when I put the tender on it. Left it for several hours....amber light still glowing solid. In that circumstance, I would expect the tender to show steady green light in a matter of minutes.

Again.. have you taken a voltage reading straight off the charger, while plugged into the hack wired garage?

Yes, sorry....so I just took a reading after the tender has been attached for 12+ hours. Two things to report, the GREEN light is now flashing which indicates 80% charge. But, the voltage is 13.32v (with the tender attached). Does that make any sense?
raydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Battery tender help Reply with quote

It sounds like it's working to me.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: