Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 110, 111, 112  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

I'm stretching my juice to own two of Dustin's prior cars, a '66 KG vert and I just posted a bid on the '67 (daleallen). But if the planets somehow align and I can own my beloved '66 and add this '67 to the fold, I'll be very happy! If not and I lose out on the '67, I still have a remarkable '66 and someone else will have a remarkable '67 Very Happy

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

This poor, beautiful Ghia seems to be having a very hard time finding a "long term" custodian! Poor thing! It must be feeling very unloved by now. And then to make it worse, it's only been driven a few hundred miles in the last 2 years. Hopefully it will end up in good hands and get some road time. It's not my favorite color but I would love to go cruising in this car!

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
theghiagirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
I'm stretching my juice to own two of Dustin's prior cars, a '66 KG vert and I just posted a bid on the '67 (daleallen). But if the planets somehow align and I can own my beloved '66 and add this '67 to the fold, I'll be very happy! If not and I lose out on the '67, I still have a remarkable '66 and someone else will have a remarkable '67 Very Happy

I'm curious as to why you didn't buy it when he had it advertised for sale here on The Samba, Ebay or Oldbug.com? It's been advertised for quite awhile for 55k obo. I would have thought that Dustin would have sweetened the deal for you since you had already done a business deal with him not too long ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
theghiagirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:
This poor, beautiful Ghia seems to be having a very hard time finding a "long term" custodian! Poor thing! It must be feeling very unloved by now. And then to make it worse, it's only been driven a few hundred miles in the last 2 years. Hopefully it will end up in good hands and get some road time. It's not my favorite color but I would love to go cruising in this car!

I had the car for 4 years. Then it sat at the dealership for approximately 8 years. So, I think the few hundred miles on it is more like in the last 12 years.

It had some long term custodians back in the day. It spent most of its life cruising the roads of New York and New Jersey.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

theghiagirl wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:

I had the car for 4 years. Then it sat at the dealership for approximately 8 years. So, I think the few hundred miles on it is more like in the last 12 years.

It had some long term custodians back in the day. It spent most of its life cruising the roads of New York and New Jersey.

Then it would be right at home back on the east coast, cruising the roads of Vermont. Laughing

Was there any body work needed when you acquired it?

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

theghiagirl wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:

I'm curious as to why you didn't buy it when he had it advertised for sale here on The Samba, Ebay or Oldbug.com? It's been advertised for quite awhile for 55k obo. I would have thought that Dustin would have sweetened the deal for you since you had already done a business deal with him not too long ago.

For me, I'm not a buyer at $55k. Since it didn't sell through TheSamba, eBay or Oldbug.com, the collective market would seem to feel the price was too high - or at least the audience those platforms reach. I don't ever look for cars on eBay, so I never saw it there. Dustin and I had a great chat last night and I think BaT will be his best bet for fleshing out a capable buyer from a broader audience and pulling a very fair price. Who knows, maybe it'll sell for even more than $55k, stranger things have happened on BaT!

'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:
theghiagirl wrote:

Then it would be right at home back on the east coast, cruising the roads of Vermont. Laughing

Was there any body work needed when you acquired it?

I'd like to know, too.

Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
theghiagirl wrote:
67 Florida Deluxe wrote:

For me, I'm not a buyer at $55k. Since it didn't sell through TheSamba, eBay or Oldbug.com, the collective market would seem to feel the price was too high - or at least the audience those platforms reach. I don't ever look for cars on eBay, so I never saw it there. Dustin and I had a great chat last night and I think BaT will be his best bet for fleshing out a capable buyer from a broader audience and pulling a very fair price. Who knows, maybe it'll sell for even more than $55k, stranger things have happened on BaT!

I would expect it to go for over $50k.
I doubt many non Ghia people know about the Samba let alone Oldbug. While everyone knows about EBay, I don’t think many would think to pay a premium for a car there because it’s not vetted. In general cars sell on BAT for way more than any other online platform because of the input factor from the peanut gallery I suspect. You really know what you are getting.
As a side note this might be the first time I’ve seen Samba Ghia guys bidding on a BAT listing. Good luck to both of you, either will make excellent custodians of this car.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

obus wrote:
here comes another one. to my noob Ghia eye this one looks pretty dang nice!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-convertible-9/

Just carrying the link forward...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:

I would expect it to go for over $50k.
I doubt many non Ghia people know about the Samba let alone Oldbug. While everyone knows about EBay, I don’t think many would think to pay a premium for a car there because it’s not vetted. In general cars sell on BAT for way more than any other online platform because of the input factor from the peanut gallery I suspect. You really know what you are getting.
As a side note this might be the first time I’ve seen Samba Ghia guys bidding on a BAT listing. Good luck to both of you, either will make excellent custodians of this car.

That's part of what Dustin and I talked about last night. I wish I could go into the $50s on this car but that would mean possibly having to give up my '66. And that ain't happening! While I have a little more room in my budget and would love to have the '67, another part of me hopes that it does go into the $50s to further solidify a growing value for Ghias.

Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

The 67 convertible is already near $40k with six hours left. Given that most of the high bidding tends to take place in the last 10 minutes I wonder if this one will break $60k?

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1973 Ghia convertible
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
The 67 convertible is already near $40k with six hours left. Given that most of the high bidding tends to take place in the last 10 minutes I wonder if this one will break $60k?

For Ghia owners everywhere, I certainly hope so!

67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

The video really helps to show the richness of the color and quality of the chrome finishes. Maybe it's my monitor, but the still photos look a bit bland and not as sharp as they could be. So good call on doing a detailed video. Anything that honestly shows the fit/finish/detailing of a car in the most clarity and detail will help push the hammer price north. A cold start and driving video would have been an added bonus.

Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

$52k very fair price I think for both parties.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1973 Ghia convertible
rcooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

obus wrote:
anyone want to make predictions as to final price? I'm going to say 52k.

Right you are, my friend! Just hammered at $52K.
'69.5 Ghia convertible and
'62, '63, '65, '69 Bugs (all long gone)
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
$52k very fair price I think for both parties.

Ditto

obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

rcooled wrote:
obus wrote:
anyone want to make predictions as to final price? I'm going to say 52k.

Right you are, my friend! Just hammered at $52K.

rookie lucky guess!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
Coming soon to BaT:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Very Happy

Here we go! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-convertible-14/
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

cool people own ghias i guess
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1959-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-coupe-4/
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
Rome wrote:
Coming soon to BaT:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Very Happy

Here we go! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-convertible-14/

Holy smokes, aside from the repaint, THAT is killer original! I can't get my top to go down that far, the coconut fiber/horse hair pad is too stiff and I'm afraid to mash it down Laughing

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 110, 111, 112  Next
Jump to:
Page 30 of 112

Jump to: