Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Olympics and mild rant
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
raydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

Quote:
feel free to go the fuck the elsewhere?

So mature... Got anything else to contribute?

Time for lockdown.
Volks Wagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures and the deeply personal story Cusser. Your kidney stones look great. I know it's not the same, but I remember the time years ago our Corgi almost died from blood poisoning when jagged shards of a bone got stuck in his colon. Fortunately the vet took care of it very quickly via enema and physically managed to dislodge the blockage. I regret not having a camera to hand, because the explosive release from the affected area was spectacular.

Cusser wrote:
sb001 wrote:
jspbtown wrote:

"Simone Biles won national titles with broken toes in both feet, national titles with a kidney stone,

Even though I cannot stand the blatant right wing ranting hypocrisy of today, I call BS on this. I'll just say this-- if you've ever had a kidneystone, you'll know there is NO WAY IN HELL Simone Biles or anyone else competed while having one.

I've had 3 kidney tones in 43 years, first two in the late 1970s. In between pain attacks (when the stone is working its way from kidney to bladder, there was considerable pain, but in waves, so I could be fine for a day or two. So this can happen.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Zoomed
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mine all came out within 10 days.

I'm definitely, probably, the worlds greatest lover.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

chrisflstf wrote:
Quote:
Honestly, the person who wrote this is more disturbed than the group of people he is talking about.

And the mods let it stand

Contrary to popular belief I don't read and monitor shit 24/7

Plus honestly sometimes I let things go for a while because they are so f'ing stupid I want to see the replies.

skills & raydog nailed it with their replies.
The STFU part is right but most of the bubbles are ridiculous
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Contrary to popular belief I don't read and monitor shit 24/7

Plus honestly sometimes I let things go for a while because they are so f'ing stupid I want to see the replies.

skills & raydog nailed it with their replies.
The STFU part is right but most of the bubbles are ridiculous

i am going to print this out and hang it in the shop. that is a very high honor coming from you sir Cool

jspbtown wrote:
Quote:
there are 2 types of people in this world....those who fight to better their situation and those that don't.

Actually you forgot the 3rd type....those who whine about others because their own lives suck.

i hope someday you get a life that doesn't suck. must be hard to get up every day feeling that way. there should be a support group you can reach out to should you feel the need.

best wishes on your situation

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

I’ll give the networks credit for moving away from the story and focusing back on the other athletes.

I hope Simone can compete and wish her and all the athletes well.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

Tram wrote:
sb001 wrote:
jspbtown wrote:

"Simone Biles won national titles with broken toes in both feet, national titles with a kidney stone,

Even though I cannot stand the blatant right wing ranting hypocrisy of today, I call BS on this. I'll just say this-- if you've ever had a kidneystone, you'll know there is NO WAY IN HELL Simone Biles or anyone else competed while having one.

Simply not true. I have had probably more than 30 of these in the last 25 years, some quite large. There are ways to mitigate the pain and help them pass. I never missed a day of work or life over one, with the exception of the first one or two- the first one mainly because I didn't know what was happening and the anxiety was quite extreme on top of the pain.

Then what you had was a tiny little microscopic piece of chicken scratch compared to a real one, there's a reason they say it's worse than childbirth. A real one will make you vomit from the pain.
Or maybe you're just trying to puff out your chest.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

are we really at - my stone's bigger than your stone!...? maybe that could be a new olympic event Surprised

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Volks Wagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

finster wrote:
are we really at - my stone's bigger than your stone!...? maybe that could be a new olympic event Surprised

What a great idea! The Olympic stones.

Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

It could be a watersport.

Arkady passed a 100g stone in 7 minutes to clench the gold.

Painful just writing that.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

he'd be clenching the gold alright! Laughing

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
raydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

There is video and audio of her telling her teammates after her last vault, that she "wasn't feeling confident." I you watched the night before, she was making mistakes too. In my opinion, I think she got inside her head and synched herself out. For whatever reason, maybe she was just plain trying to hard.

The problem I have is that she quit, plain and simple. If Tom Brady threw an interception as soon as he got out on the field, then decides to bench himself for the rest of the game because he was having a bad day or didn't feel confident, how would that be helping his team? Win or lose, this wasn't her first rodeo. But the media embracing this is absolutely sickening. Anything for ratings I guess.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

raydog wrote:
There is video and audio of her telling her teammates after her last vault, that she "wasn't feeling confident." I you watched the night before, she was making mistakes too. In my opinion, I think she got inside her head and synched herself out. For whatever reason, maybe she was just plain trying to hard.

The problem I have is that she quit, plain and simple. If Tom Brady threw an interception as soon as he got out on the field, then decides to bench himself for the rest of the game because he was having a bad day or didn't feel confident, how would that be helping his team? Win or lose, this wasn't her first rodeo. But the media embracing this is absolutely sickening. Anything for ratings I guess.

I think comparing Tom Brady to Simone Biles is disingenuous at best. You're right, Brady throws a pick, bad for the team, but he gets to go back to the sidelines. Simone messes up, she could easily break her neck. Back off, backbenchers...
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

Simone doesnt have 400 lb guys coming after her with the intent to knock her out. Risks are everywhere
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

Quote:
Simone doesnt have 400 lb guys coming after her with the intent to knock her out.

Right....she is just flying 10 feet in the air rotating at 1/3rd the speed of helicopter blades with no padding on a 4'8", 104lbs frame......
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

Quote:
i hope someday you get a life that doesn't suck. must be hard to get up every day feeling that way. there should be a support group you can reach out to should you feel the need.

My life is great. And from your posts I see two things....you are an angry little man and you need a class to help you with when to use capital letters.

Try to relax and stop whining for a day. Very Happy
Volks Wagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

raydog wrote:
But the media embracing this is absolutely sickening. Anything for ratings I guess.

Correct. The media is gone to the dogs. A shower of wankers.

raydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

jspbtown, the "Celebrity Death Watch" thread is calling, they are wondering where you went. Laughing
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

little known fact....my wife was part of the 20002 Olympics... Shocked she had a blast.as did we watching her. as for the tv...you get out of it what you wish to. many times it's better to turn off the sound. I watched the female'skyack swallom thingy a few days ago. when it came to the last one she was flying,I knew she had the gold.and she did by almost 4 seconds. her father was multi world champion, mother had medals too. I dont go to the races to see a crash, nor do I watch them on tv to see the crash. Ive lost frends in those crashes. some of the best tv is with the sound off.although hearing the engines sure is nice. remember those comentators are..."entertainment" and these days thats kinda a fuzzy gray area of BS & fluffy uffenissizms with a hint of truth. "and now we have guacamoley dip jumping for mexico from newyork city!! born& trianed in russia...!!
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

[quote="skills@eurocarsplus" i am going to print this out and hang it in the shop. that is a very high honor coming from you sir Cool [/quote]

😀 this is perhaps the most blatant example of apple polishing I’ve ever seen here😀
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Olympics and mild rant Reply with quote

^^^^

it's nice to know that despite differing opinions one can see someone else's point of view

the reality is so much gets misconstrued in text that i swear if all of these discussions happened in person around a camp fire 99% of us are on the same page with this stuff.

the people that assume one is miserable by reading a post have issues...they read stuff in a condescending tone, which is probably how they live their life.

i do my best to read posts monotone in my head... like Ben Stein. once you start reading stuff with an inflection is where the trouble starts

classic example being "hello Newman" one can type 'hello Newman' and it could be taken as being very excited to see Newman or it could be taken as sarcasm/disgust. up to the reader to set the tone, which 9 out of 10 times is based on how they carry themselves in real life

hello NEWMAN Laughing

Link

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: