Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CSP Python Exhaust and CSP heater boxes?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koeppler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject: CSP Python Exhaust and CSP heater boxes? Reply with quote

Wow, the Python is a nice looking system. But for those who have used it before, do you really have to get the CSP heater boxes? If they’re just a j-tube with a skin around them why do they cost so much more than all the others?

I’m thinking there’s gotta be a way to either weld up some flanges or to use a different manufacturer’s heater box. Or am I just cheap?
evanfrucht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Python Exhaust and CSP heater boxes? Reply with quote

Your just cheap Laughing

I don't know. I went to hell with it and slapped on a sidewinder and j-tubes... never looked back

I did go nuts with it and welded, modified... made a custom dual outlet muffler that exited out the stock peashooter locations. Major sleeper over here Cool I'll post some pics if I remember.
anthax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: CSP Python Exhaust and CSP heater boxes? Reply with quote

I have python and matching heaters on my bug.
They heat quite ok for spring/autumn drives.
I had major issues with fitment of the python. Had to be violent on some bends to even get the damn thing to line up.
Of course you can make your own, it's all about how much time you want to spend fabricating. Smile
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: CSP Python Exhaust and CSP heater boxes? Reply with quote

1 5/8" finned heater boxes have been available for years now:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=757013&highlight=heater+box
Koeppler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Python Exhaust and CSP heater boxes? Reply with quote

anthax wrote:
I had major issues with fitment of the python. Had to be violent on some bends to even get the damn thing to line up.
Of course you can make your own, it's all about how much time you want to spend fabricating. Smile

Well that’s a little discouraging. Crying or Very sad

Did you get the sense that CSP is correct and that no other heater box but theirs could be used with that exhaust? That’s one of the things I’m trying to understand.
anthax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: CSP Python Exhaust and CSP heater boxes? Reply with quote

Koeppler wrote:
anthax wrote:

Well that’s a little discouraging. Crying or Very sad

Did you get the sense that CSP is correct and that no other heater box but theirs could be used with that exhaust? That’s one of the things I’m trying to understand.

Anything can be made to fit, I chosed to buy a complete exhaust mainly because I couldn't find anything else with the same pipe size at the time here in Sweden. Importing things from outside EU gets a 25% tax, so.. :/
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: CSP Python Exhaust and CSP heater boxes? Reply with quote

evanfrucht wrote:
Your just cheap Laughing

I don't know. I went to hell with it and slapped on a sidewinder and j-tubes... never looked back

I did go nuts with it and welded, modified... made a custom dual outlet muffler that exited out the stock peashooter locations. Major sleeper over here Cool I'll post some pics if I remember.

When I lived in Palmdale you could get away with no heat in the winter time..so J tubes its is. then I moved up to Carson city, NV.... yeah no heat is asking for misery in the winter.

If you dont need heat... and you dont drive your vw when it gets cold , dont worry about it. but until the snow hits the valley floor i am driving the heck out of mine so heat is necessary. be honest with yourself about your needs.

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
anthax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: CSP Python Exhaust and CSP heater boxes? Reply with quote

One thing with Python exhaust is that is that it is loud, and have a deep loud drone that might be a bit annoying to listen to on a long drive.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Python Exhaust and CSP heater boxes? Reply with quote

anthax wrote:
One thing with Python exhaust is that is that it is loud, and have a deep loud drone that might be a bit annoying to listen to on a long drive.

Quoting anthax. But this is intended for the OP.

Have you considered a CSP EVO exhaust? I have one and there's no drone at cruise.
It has a very unique sound that can't be described. You have to hear one to get the effect.
My trans builder drove the car and commented on the exhaust sound. He said it sounded cool. And he's a Berg everything lover. Very Happy

I also run the CSP heater boxes. Haven't tried them in the colder weather. So I can't report on the performance.

The nice feature of the EVO, is that the exhaust tips fit in the stock rear apron peashooter cutouts. But the tips are 52mm. Cool

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
anthax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: CSP Python Exhaust and CSP heater boxes? Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
anthax wrote:

Have you considered a CSP EVO exhaust? I have one and there's no drone at cruise.
It has a very unique sound that can't be described. You have to hear one to get the effect.
My trans builder drove the car and commented on the exhaust sound. He said it sounded cool. And he's a Berg everything lover. Very Happy

I also run the CSP heater boxes. Haven't tried them in the colder weather. So I can't report on the performance.

The nice feature of the EVO, is that the exhaust tips fit in the stock rear apron peashooter cutouts. But the tips are 52mm. Cool

That actually sounds a bit interesting. I've been toying with the idea of make some kind of dual tip exhaust just because it's a bug.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: CSP Python Exhaust and CSP heater boxes? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Looks like I need to adjust the tips a bit.
But you get the idea!

The exhaust is a CSP EVEO Competition with heater boxes to match the header diameters.

The vintage speed sticker is for the shift lever.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
evanfrucht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: CSP Python Exhaust and CSP heater boxes? Reply with quote

anthax wrote:
67rustavenger wrote:
anthax wrote:

That actually sounds a bit interesting. I've been toying with the idea of make some kind of dual tip exhaust just because it's a bug.

Here's mine. Its currently done. I have another thread for it and build thread but I've been majorly lagging on the recent updates. I finished welding it then applied Cerakote. It sounds and seems to work great. Cool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: