Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jumper seat bracket and a ruler - help please?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VJP5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject: Jumper seat bracket and a ruler - help please? Reply with quote

Hi

I have a 1988 tin top that had 2 jumper seats at one time (prior to my ownership). I recently had the front re-carpeted but the installers did not mark where the bracket holes were. I want to use these for tie-downs for my fridge/cooler. I was able to find one, as you can see it from the battery compartment. However the other side is alluding me. I have tried 'poking' around but am not confidant of the location. I do not want to tear up brand new carpet.

If there is someone out there that has a jumper seat (behind the front passenger side), I would really appreciate it if you could measure where the right side (facing it) bolt hole is and let me know the distance.

I realize this is a trivial request, but I don't know where else to turn.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks
Vince
dgbeatty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Jumper seat bracket and a ruler - help please? Reply with quote

Following! Recently purchased a jump seat (like new) to accommodate the grandkids. Machined a pair of pin receivers for the floor and made the reinforcements for the bracket but would like the actual dimensions for both.
mdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Jumper seat bracket and a ruler - help please? Reply with quote

Here you go! looks like 16 3/8" center to center spacing L to R, and there's a 2nd row of bolts 1 7/8" down from the upper row.
Red Ryder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Jumper seat bracket and a ruler - help please? Reply with quote

Another reply. There are two bolts arranged vertically on the right side of the bracket, mirroring the left side shown above.. They are each 3 5/8” from the inside face of the B pillar. The lower bolt is 2 7/8” below the top of the battery compartment. The bolts are 1 7/8” C-t-C.

“Scarlett” — 1990 Vanagon Carat Wolfsburg Edition
Tornado Red
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Jumper seat bracket and a ruler - help please? Reply with quote

Pull the expansion tank and drill from the other side.
VJP5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Jumper seat bracket and a ruler - help please? Reply with quote

Awesome!! Thanks for the replies. Between the pictures and RRs clarifications, I’m in business.

Really appreciate the help.
Red Ryder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Jumper seat bracket and a ruler - help please? Reply with quote

VJP5 wrote:
Awesome!! Thanks for the replies. Between the pictures and RRs clarifications, I’m in business.

Really appreciate the help.

😁👍

Tornado Red
VJP5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Jumper seat bracket and a ruler - help please? Reply with quote

Red Ryder wrote:
....They are each 3 5/8” from the inside face of the B pillar. The lower bolt is 2 7/8” below the top of the battery compartment. The bolts are 1 7/8” C-t-C.

This ^ put me 'spot on'

Thanks again
Red Ryder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Jumper seat bracket and a ruler - help please? Reply with quote

Nice!🤗

Tornado Red
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Jumper seat bracket and a ruler - help please? Reply with quote

What are the D rings for?
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Jumper seat bracket and a ruler - help please? Reply with quote

VJP5 wrote:
I want to use these for tie-downs for my fridge/cooler.

Wink
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Jumper seat bracket and a ruler - help please? Reply with quote

Got it. Right in the first post. Somehow, I was fixed on the jumpsuit bracket itself and missed that. Hope the fridge/cooler is less than 16 3/8ths wide.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: