Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

andrigs fan
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
UK Luke 72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
Anyone got anymore info yet? I've just got my fan - looks a really nice quality piece - but it's going to be a week or two til I get it in the bus...

You're UK right? What did it cost to your door?
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

I bought 2.
Will be running them up to 8000 ish rpms

Let you know how they do
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

UK Luke 72 wrote:
richierich wrote:
Anyone got anymore info yet? I've just got my fan - looks a really nice quality piece - but it's going to be a week or two til I get it in the bus...

Yep I am Luke. Was £ 92.00
Dake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Ordered one!
UK Luke 72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
UK Luke 72 wrote:
richierich wrote:

Yep I am Luke. Was £ 92.00

Decent enough.
vdubrookie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

I got mine installed a couple days ago. So far I'm very happy with it, definately a noticeable whirring noise but I'm seeing roughly 20 degrees less head temp during a 3-4000 rpm cruise situation, granted that's not scientific data, just going by my CHT gauge. BTW Luke, $89.00 to my door, USD.
Dake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

You must be closer ,mine to the door was 92 and change to the door.
UK Luke 72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

vdubrookie wrote:
BTW Luke, $89.00 to my door, USD.

I was more enquiring because often uk customs dick us over.
89 usd is 63gbp. So 40 usd in import duties and VAT
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

vdubrookie wrote:
I got mine installed a couple days ago. So far I'm very happy with it, definately a noticeable whirring noise but I'm seeing roughly 20 degrees less head temp during a 3-4000 rpm cruise situation, granted that's not scientific data, just going by my CHT gauge. BTW Luke, $89.00 to my door, USD.
thats great to hear!!! with no other changes?? no jetting or timing & everything else the same???
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

I get a whirl noise as well. It can be heard at approx 3k to 3.5k rpms around town. When over 4k or on the freeway the exhaust kind of drowns it out. I am running an OEM doghouse shroud with an awesome powdercoat venturi ring added with the thermostat flaps.

I only have 100 miles on the new fan at this point so I don't have much other data.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Just ordered one for my home-built 1600dp in my '73 Super.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Got mine today super fast shipping!
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

Dake wrote:
Got mine today super fast shipping!

maybe you can slap it on your car and show the local club your new toy! btw, did i ever sign you up for our newsletter? our next big event is in september i think. and we have a few shows and camping trips as well,
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
vdubrookie wrote:
thats great to hear!!! with no other changes?? no jetting or timing & everything else the same???

Bring in the numbus!! i just may have to buy one my little 1600 shit build engine.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

wait mes has an idear! what if you overdrive the fan using different pullys on a normal or serpentine system? obviously it would take more power to run, but cents this is a one piece design, it should take the abuse right? one way to find out i guess.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Scott65Beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

got mine today
Bad bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

vdubrookie wrote:

where do you take your head temperature.
vdubrookie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

I'm taking mine under #3 spark plug. Flat4, I kind of felt the same thing but was hesitant to say so. Engine just seems a little freer revving since the install. And Mark, yes, no other changes, just the new fan.
Bad bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

vdubrookie wrote:
I'm taking mine under #3 spark plug. Flat4, I kind of felt the same thing but was hesitant to say so. Engine just seems a little freer revving since the install. And Mark, yes, no other changes, just the new fan.

Nice, 20 degree reduction on number 3 cylinder with this fan, would love to see more data with you doing a uphill run with the engine loaded up.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: andrigs fan Reply with quote

vdubrookie wrote:

Thanks for the update. Smile

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 18

Jump to: