Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help with International price checking
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
epowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject: Help with International price checking Reply with quote

Hi Folks

I'm a bit frustrated at the moment... I'm still here in Europe but will be flying back to Canada next week. I'm bringing over a pile of parts with me but still I would like to do a quick price check for some items --- I can get local prices for stuff where I am here in Czech, but I can not seem to easily price out items in Vancouver.

For example: I don't know yet if I will need front brake caliper pistons for my early GIRLINGs.... FRENKIT P543201 Here in Czech I can get them for $7.50CAD each delivered. But I have no idea how I can locate items like this via the INTERNET.

When I am actually in Vancouver I can just call up NAPA and find out... but while I'm still here I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks if anyone has any ideas.
pnwkayaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Help with International price checking Reply with quote

Have you tried Napa Online ?

https://www.napaonline.com[url]

Seattle Meetup at Marymoor (link)
A collection of Simple Useful Mods (SUM) (link)
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Help with International price checking Reply with quote

need to know which caliper size it is, but did find girling pistons on www.rockauto.com

This was an'86 Audi 5000 series
https://www.bpnorthwest.com/caliper-piston-nitrided-tr6-from-cc29930-to-76.html

Seems there might be a match for British sports cars of the same year? maybe?

prices floating around 12-15 usd. There was a piston on ebay for $9.86, but the $117 shipping seemed a tad expensive!

Get us to caliper specs and if it is 54mm dia. piston.

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
epowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Help with International price checking Reply with quote

Steve M. wrote:
need to know which caliper size it is, but did find girling pistons on www.rockauto.com

This was an'86 Audi 5000 series
https://www.bpnorthwest.com/caliper-piston-nitrided-tr6-from-cc29930-to-76.html

Seems there might be a match for British sports cars of the same year? maybe?

prices floating around 12-15 usd. There was a piston on ebay for $9.86, but the $117 shipping seemed a tad expensive!

Get us to caliper specs and if it is 54mm dia. piston.

I think it should be the 54mm size.

I finally just decided to buy 4 new ones locally here. They are only $6US each so what the heck.
But still I am going to need more stuff.

For example- I went today to pickup my 15m roll of CUNIFER brake hard line pipe, but the guy forget to order it Sad ....so I guess I will have to source that in Vancouver also - probably buy it by the foot?
valvecovergasket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Help with International price checking Reply with quote

epowell wrote:
....so I guess I will have to source that in Vancouver also - probably buy it by the foot?

you can buy that in NA from fedhill, i think theyre the main importer of that stuff

gone, but not forgotten: '83 tdi westy - swap thread
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Help with International price checking Reply with quote

Brake line you should be able to get any auto parts store, but it will be coiled and uncut/flared so you will have to straighten it to fit and flare the ends of it.

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
epowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Help with International price checking Reply with quote

Steve M. wrote:
Brake line you should be able to get any auto parts store, but it will be coiled and uncut/flared so you will have to straighten it to fit and flare the ends of it.

I bought a bunch of the nuts, but will also need to buy a flaring tool.... maybe something used on craigslist.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: