Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dyno results
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno results Reply with quote

My car makes 190 tq at 5200 and 209 hp at 6200. But stays at 200 to 7800. So I shift where my rpm drop puts me right below my peak torque. 7400 shift puts me at 4600 +-, yes I am geared with 2500 rpm drop at each shift. Street car stuff..
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno results Reply with quote

Ok cool. I will have to make a run and log it to see about where i am. I have 3:88 r&p and stock gears. Pretty tall geared. I wanted tall gears to load the turbo, but probably not great for racing. Really it was just more for curiousity. I guess since my peak tq is around 4500 rpm i will be shifting pretty quickly still. I didn't make pulls much past my peak hp but maybe i should have. I didn't think about the drop in rpm during shifts.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Dyno results Reply with quote

Yea, stock rods Shocked ,,,I forgot Laughing
know that feeling ,have them in my Turbo buggy Wink Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Dyno results Reply with quote

Guess it's up to me to find the limit of them!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Dyno results Reply with quote

The cool thing about a turbo engine is that if your shifts are quick enough you can stack your boost and by top gear are getting boost numbers at rpms well below what would show up on a single dyno run. Pretty tough on the clutch though!
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Dyno results Reply with quote

I have the ability with Mega squirt to turn on flat shift too. Never lose boost during shifts that way.
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Dyno results Reply with quote

buguy wrote:

Stock rods will hold A LOT if you do not rev the engine high, which you many times do not do with a turbo engine.
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Dyno results Reply with quote

Yeah after having it on the dyno it peaked hp at 5300 and tq at 4500. The last engine held almost 31 psi on stock rods with no trouble. This one has been to 23.8 psi so far. I'd like to try it at 30 psi.
FreeBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno results Reply with quote

Alstrup wrote:
buguy wrote:

Stock rods will hold A LOT if you do not rev the engine high, which you many times do not do with a turbo engine.

Sorry to bother, but what constitutes "high"? above/below 6000? 6500? just asking in order to try to better understand what is being said here as regards to the limits of stock rods. Thanks.
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyno results Reply with quote

Stock VW rods are way stronger than people think. Berg proved this years ago, as long as they are balanced, bolts check out and are straight. Ive spun mine to 7500 many times in my 1776 over the last 15 years
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Dyno results Reply with quote

"High" to me is anything above 5500-6000 rpm ,as in "Pounding out the Mains" kind of rev's
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: