Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Head Identification Help
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snoww_
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject: Head Identification Help Reply with quote

Hey all,

As I'm assembling this motor for hopefully the last time for a while I wanted to get some more info on these heads. I did a little bit of digging and I think they're CB 044 super mags but I wasn't able to come up with anything conclusive since I don't know what I'm looking at really.

Thanks for the help.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

bw65vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Identification Help Reply with quote

They look to be large valves. Did you measure them? That would probably help identify them better also. Also maybe try sending a pic to CB they have pretty good email support.
FreeBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Identification Help Reply with quote

Is it me? It looks like the valves are almost the same size... Bad eyes?
Snoww_
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Identification Help Reply with quote

bw65vw wrote:
They look to be large valves. Did you measure them? That would probably help identify them better also. Also maybe try sending a pic to CB they have pretty good email support.

Good call, I'll measure them tonight and reach out to CB as well.

Thanks!
Ebel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Identification Help Reply with quote

Are they semi hemi as well? Hard to tell from pictures. But if they are they might be made for a turbo. It used to be pretty common to use a bigger exhaust valve with a turbo. Semi hemi to get compression down.
Snoww_
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Head Identification Help Reply with quote

Ebel wrote:
Are they semi hemi as well? Hard to tell from pictures. But if they are they might be made for a turbo. It used to be pretty common to use a bigger exhaust valve with a turbo. Semi hemi to get compression down.

Just got some time to measure the valves, looks like 35mm exhaust and 40mm intake. They aren't flat, they do have some dish to them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: