Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

hi every one .have not done much on the ralley bug .my arm is not healing .i all so fell down and hurt my arm again . oh well i give up lol . but i found a old western flyer bike 90 days ago . it was just hanging on the wall . so i have been working on as 1966 western flyer bike . that i redone and painted the bike. like my ralley bug .it was a lot of fun and gave me something to do while my arm gets better . after reading the sept 2021 hot vws mag . it had a guy with lots of old school bikes .and when i go to car shows guys are starting to rebuild old bicycles to show with there vws thats when i built the bike to show with my ralley bug . i think every one had a bicycle when they were young .i hope to have my bug on the road in 25 days take care evey one thanks for looking .spencerfvee
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stock Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Hope your arm feels better soon, Spencerfvee. Keep the faith!
-----
Ich Bin Ein Facebooker: https://www.facebook.com/steve.fromsaac
-----
Join VVWCA: http://www.vvwca.com/
-----
Your source for old school metal tire valve caps: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1416217
-----
Thanks Veterans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Stock Steve wrote:
Hope your arm feels better soon, Spencerfvee. Keep the faith!
thanks steve . i will get it done lol i would love to be working on my bug but my body says no right now thanks for looking spencerfvee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

hi guys i have it on the road runs great . going to a car show this sunday people are taking photos of my car when its parked in my drive ways guys thanks for hanging in there with me when i was building the ralley bug it takes a lot of time and money to build a dream bug bugs are not built over night lol every one have a great week end i am keep on bugging spencerfvee

vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Looks fantastic!! Hope to see more pics!

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
frenchroast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

spencerfvee wrote:

Did you relocate the fuel inlet or use a fuel cell?
toxicavenger70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Spencer, the WF turned out great. What did you paint it with?
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

toxicavenger70 wrote:
Spencer, the WF turned out great. What did you paint it with?
.............................................................................................................your funny lol oh god ok rust-oleum professiopnal high performanance enamel 15 minute fast dry paint it goes on great drys fast and it is tuff paint i wanted that barn find look lol take care spencerfvee
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

frenchroast wrote:
spencerfvee wrote:

Did you relocate the fuel inlet or use a fuel cell?
.........................................................................................................................no i used a brand new 1967 bug type fuel tank. when i put the super charger on i will go to a fuel cell take care spencerfvee
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

vamram wrote:
Looks fantastic!! Hope to see more pics!
..............................................................will put more photos on from the car show i am going to this sunday thanks spencerfvee
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

update . i have been driving the ralley bug to day. i am doing 4,000 rpm shifts . from 1st to second to 3rd gear and hit 65mph real fast lol the cam is a engle 90 cheater cam lots of bottom end pulling power love it very very street friendy . thats what i built it for. it should pull hills easy in 4th gear . i had 5 people take photos of my bug at stop lights lol lol they dont know what to think of it lol little kids love it . spencerfvee
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

I love the car. It's as much artwork as it is "rally car". Your personality and creativity really shine through. I'm not surprised you get picture-takers wherever you go. Nice work on a car that will be super fun to own, drive, share, and talk about.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Pruneman99 wrote:
I love the car. It's as much artwork as it is "rally car". Your personality and creativity really shine through. I'm not surprised you get picture-takers wherever you go. Nice work on a car that will be super fun to own, drive, share, and talk about.
................................................................................................................................................thanks for the kind words . i used to paint pictures years ago when i lived in hawaii people did not under stand my wild paintings lol . in life if you can do something to put a smile on a person .its worth the time . as my vw friends say to me what were you thinking . i do things to vws that no one else does or would want to . i allways loved the inch pincher with its wild paint job take care have a great week end spencerfvee
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

car looks fantastic! job well done sir!
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

hi every one just got back from a car show. did not win any thing but had a great time heres my bug at the show the kids loved it there dads let them sit in my bug and took photos of his kids in the drivers seat . the kids like sitting on the bicycle too as there dads and moms took photos of there kids great day my best friends wife came to the car show and sat with me all day . spencerfvee

spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

update. i had a bad day two days ago. i was test driving my bug. after i installed a bigger main jet in my carb . the motor was back firing when i was driving down the road. i looked in my back at my rear window and the motor was on fire . the car died . i jumped out and grabed. the fire ex, ( cant spell it stay in school ) and put the fire out . what a mess .the powder makes. i had to hand push the car back to my house. thanks to some guys that helped me push the car to my drive way . i was very upset and because had a car show to go to in two weeks . i sat down and told my self thats it. i am done with this car . it hates me lol well after 60 mins. i cooled down and looked over the damage .and took the top sheet metal off of the motor. white powder every where . i found out that the needle seat stuck wide open .and let gas go every. where dam china empi pic 34 carb . EVERY ONE SHOULD HAVE A FIRE EX > IN THERE VWS . it saved my bug from burning down to the ground .thank god i had a fire ex. in my bug i was to far from my house to get as fire ex in time . i am going to buy 3 new fire ex for all my cars . will post some photos soon take care spencerfvee
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Aw man! That sux.
I had an engine fire in the garage a four years ago.
It only lasted 15-20 seconds. But it did burn the rear fender paint a bit.
It was mess to clean up.

Make sure to rinse the engine well with lots of water. Regular extinguishers are very corrosive to bare engine blocks.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Wow that really sucks. At least you had an extinguisher with you. Hopefully the damage isn't to extensive.
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

That sucks man!

How bad was the damage to the body?

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Very sad day I carry extinguisher too but wouldn’t it be nice to have a fire loop installed? I know someone here was selling this kit I’ve seen it. Basically it mimics that which you’d find on aircraft. Some perforated tubing is placed in the engine bay this is attached to a fire suppression chemical using an accumulator charge. It doesn’t take up much room. Painful as it seems you’ll get it sorted because it’s such a nice car. Over the years we’ve fixed quite a few fire damaged cars. https://www.gowesty.com/product/safety/24393/blazecut-fire-suppression-system
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8197864
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6R2qOZXNf8

The nice thing about this kit is this method is non corrosive, some of the dry chems are a mess.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=759791
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: