Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rugbyball - Fred Roodt - Brazil - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Rugbyball
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 10, 2023
DannyJ5150
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Rugbyball - Fred Roodt - Brazil - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased this 73 Split window 2 months ago and after a month on the water to Washington I was able to pick it up.
Customs sucked as expected, but Fred and his shippers ACTS Shipping were great. I'd do it again with everyone involved in this sale, and probably will soon.
My bus was dirty from shipping and customs going through it in the rain and dirt but after some detailing in and out its awesome. Of course a few flaws that his camera didn't capture I did in person, but all in all it is exactly what I felt like I was buying. Runs great, body work and interior were done well, not backyard ghetto stuff. I'm overall really pleased and have sent several people to Fred and his shipper Darrin with confidence.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airkooledchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - Fred Roodt - Brazil - [email protected] Reply with quote

anyone that sees this review should be sure to also check the original feedback thread for the same seller here:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=646072&highlight=freddyroodt+hotmail

YMMV
PNWJuern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - Fred Roodt - Brazil - [email protected] Reply with quote

I will agree that your experience will will vary with Fred Root. In the spring of 2019 I ordered a bus from him and paid extra for pop out windows all around, a bed conversion and chrome handle replacement. The bus arrived in July of 2019 and never had any of the items complete. However Fred promised he would make it right. So being a trusting individual at the time I decided to order another bus in Aug of 2019 transferred him 23k plus shipping and he said he would square everything up on the new bus.

Long story short here I am over 2 years later and all I have from Fred Root is a laundry list of excuses why the bus hasn’t shipped yet.

I know there are people who can vouch for him. However I am not one of them and would warn anyone who is thinking about buying a bus from him to think twice! He might send you something or just take your money and string you along!
SAL71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - Fred Roodt - Brazil - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hello everyone from Russia!
I also bought from Fred. And not one but 3 buses that were sent to Russia. Am I happy with the purchase?
Yes. Smile
Detailed photos of exactly the places that I asked for were sent (I have been dealing with such buses for a long time). I was looking for buses that have not been restored over the past 10 years, because I do not want to do double work (first clean up of low-quality work, then restore). Technically, all 3 buses were in excellent condition (engine, gearbox, transmission). Therefore, I am completely satisfied with Fred as a seller. There was a delay of 3 months with the dispatch from Brazil, but that was an objective reason (Olympic Games). Wink
Best regards to Volkswagen fans
Sergey

Link
zandstra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - Fred Roodt - Brazil - [email protected] Reply with quote

I flew to Brazil in Oct 2021 and met with Fred Roodt. This was my 3rd trip to Brazil. We drove around together over several days and looked at 20 buses. I ended up buying 3 buses. Fred's a friendly enough guy and I actually enjoyed going out for steaks and beers with him... little did I know.

He promised all 3 buses would arrive in the USA in 4 – 6 week for $3,000 ea. I left a deposit and wired $60,000 when I returned to the USA. Once Fred got the money the excuses started. There was one delay after another, and someone else was always to blame. The actual shipping costs were closer to $5,000 per bus.

The buses wouldn't pass export inspection, the engine numbers on the titles didn't match the new engines in the buses and we needed to get new updated titles, the paint color on the titles didn't match the new paint color of the buses... new titles again... etc.....etc....etc. No spots on the ships, the shipping broker messed up the export paperwork, etc... Lots of excuses, but never Fred's fault.

Finally the first bus arrived 6 months later, it was very dirty from the trip and had a few more scratched and dings... but all-in-all I was happy to get it and it cleaned up nicely. The 2nd bus arrived 6 weeks later in the same condition, but all okay so far. Both of those buses sold immediately, so.... I called Fred and bought 2 more sight unseen, and wired another $60,000. I was still waiting for bus #3 from the first batch... but there was one excuse after another as to why it was still delayed.

Bus #4 finally arrived 6 months after I bought it and it was nice. Bus #5 arrived 14 months after I bought it, and in terrible condition. Not at all as described by Fred.

So that just leaves bus #3 that was paid for 21 months ago and still never shipped. I finally started googling the VIN number and found this bus in an auction outside of Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Once I confronted Fred Roodt with this information he openly admitted that he sold the bus months earlier to “a Dutch guy” and helped him ship it to Europe. Fred claimed he just went through a divorced and gave the money he made from stealing my bus to his ex-wife and his lawyer.

Fred continued sending me numerous emails and texts for 10 month after stealing my bus in which he lied and said it was still at the warehouse and couldn't ship until it passed inspection. I have dozens of emails and screenshots of texts in which Fred lies about this bus. I also have emails in which he openly admits stealing this bus, selling it a 2nd time, and shipping it to Europe.

I have now located a total of 5 people who paid Fred for buses that they never received. One person lost multiple buses. I've identified 7 buses that Fred took payment for, never shipped, and sold a 2nd time. I have numerous emails, texts, and other documents to support all of this.

Now Fred is once again listing buses on the samba and I feel I need to share my experience so as to help others avoid making the same mistake.

If you get the chance to drink beers at a nice Brazilian steak restaurant with Fred, take it, you'll have a great time. He's a good storyteller. But if you want to buy a bus from him – BUYER BEWARE!
PNWJuern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - Fred Roodt - Brazil - [email protected] Reply with quote

Fred also has a Facebook page where he lists buses "Classic VW Buses"- Fred Roodt is a total scam artist so buyer beware!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Rugbyball - Fred Roodt - Brazil - [email protected] Reply with quote

This person has 2 feedback threads.

I'm locking this one in favor of the older one with more replies:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=646072

Please use the thread above
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: