Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay Part it Forward Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Wanted let Dave R know that his pile of free parts has come in handy for some other folks too.
Robbie aka asiab3 was over and noticed a flasher relay that he could use so I gave it to him. One of his clients needed one and Robbie gave him his old one.
Not shown in picture. Is the unique generator I gave to another friend, some bearing seals to another, and a carb to another friend. By my count that’s 6 people who benefited from you. Thank you Dave R for your generosity.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Wanted let Dave R know that his pile of free parts has come in handy for some other folks too.

I had to text my excitement to Xevin a few days ago… Those early early bay flashers (68-69) have a distinct resonant sound to them, and my bus has been missing that sound for years now.

THANK YOU to Dave R and Xevin for taking me to blinker paradise. Cool
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Xevin wrote:

I had to text my excitement to Xevin a few days ago… Those early early bay flashers (68-69) have a distinct resonant sound to them, and my bus has been missing that sound for years now.

THANK YOU to Dave R and Xevin for taking me to blinker paradise. Cool
Robbie

Wait til I put the noisy cricket back in my 74 Wink

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Wait til I put the noisy cricket back in my 74 Wink

You and your later buses with fuse box mounted components… What's it like to have a bus that was built after they invented door switches? You know NOTHING about sitting on and destroying your glasses on a dark night because your car predates automatic illumination ya pup!

Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Quote:
Some of these parts are worth something, since I paid for them, but others I would just as soon not take home. I am considering giving them to people who can discuss the project that they would be used for. I don't want to give them to parts speculators.

John - I think it is better out there on the West coast scene, but I have not done a single show back East after my third in a row of 90% of buyers were obvious flippers. I am an average negotiator, but a somewhat trained observer.

One guy offered me $50 for a 36 Horse because 'they don't make parts anymore so its just an antiquity."

I had a great time at the shows and sold hot dogs which covered my travel. All well.
70Crew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Here's a bunch of free parts for anyone in the upper Midwest.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2300551
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

70Crew wrote:
Here's a bunch of free parts for anyone in the upper Midwest.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2300551

I sent you an email through the ad! My buddy is passing through GR tomorrow, and can grab that stuff. I’ll be up there in a couple weeks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70Crew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Just replied to your PM, it’s yours, we’ll figure out the details.
averyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Custom Seat or Shelf Frame - Free Reply with quote

Local pickup only please.
I'd like to keep this out of a landfill.
Custom seat or shelf frame that came in my bay window project bus. Very sturdy and nice attachment points.

I'm in Mill Valley, CA a few miles north of San Francisco.

ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

A pair of EMPI EMP34s with manifolds for T1 and a couple of upper (?) tins, crappy chrome breather tube for T1. I’m in he woods of Maine - plus social distancing and travel restrictions - happy to ship to whomever could use them. Carbs LOOK good but I would plan on tossing a kit at each one. Shafts seem tight. Got em in a pile of parts, never used them personally.

EDIT: Carbs spoken for

Tins and breather tube still available.

Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
RalphWiggam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

I've got a decent set of kyb shocks I pulled off my 72 if anyone wants them.

They work fine but one front shock is missing the lower bushing because it welded itself to the bolt and I had to cut it off.

I'll give it a week before I toss them. Would be a great set to get someone on the road.
RalphWiggam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Nobody wants this set of shocks? Added a working steering damper in the pile a few days ago.

All came out of a 72 bus.
white74westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

I was going to include this in the sale of a complete fuel injection system, for anyone that wanted to switch from carbs to FI. The person that purchased the FI system didn't need it. I had initially saved it to give it to another member, however, I found out that they recently sold their bus.

If anyone would like this stand for a FI, breather box, pay the shipping and it is yours:

Cool
RalphWiggam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Shocks that I posted above have been spoken for.
dr8track
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

If anyone in the Seattle area would like a slightly damaged, but repairable, rear bumper from a 74 bus please let me know. I got a new bumper and hate to just toss this one if someone could do a little hammeering and get it back in shape.

It's free to a good home. I'm up near Lake Stevens.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

RalphWiggam wrote:
Shocks that I posted above have been spoken for.

good - that era Gabriel would be almost equal to what Koni sells today.
white74westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

white74westy wrote:
I was going to include this in the sale of a complete fuel injection system, for anyone that wanted to switch from carbs to FI. The person that purchased the FI system didn't need it. I had initially saved it to give it to another member, however, I found out that they recently sold their bus.

If anyone would like this stand for a FI, breather box, pay the shipping and it is yours:

Cool

Gone to a new home in Oceanside, CA.

Best of luck! Hope it serves you well!

Cool
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

i have 4 rims from a late bay takin up space. come get them in michigan, tri-cities. They currently have incorrect old road tires on them, but they hold air. good for a roller while sorting your bus
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Replaced my ratty, old, and ripped pop top canvas. I tried to remove it without destroying it best I could. Someone could use it to make a template for a new canvas if they wanted too. Or get into the canvas game themselves.

If you're interested, you pay shipping and I'll get it out to you. Send me a PM.

Photos below:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay Part it Forward Thread Reply with quote

Does anyone need a tow bar?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2514950

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: