Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rocky Jennings Motor value
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Jennings Motor value Reply with quote

What the farking fresh hell is going on here? We’re talking about MY opinion here. You can take my opinion to the bank. What’s wrong with you people?

Damn.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Jennings Motor value Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
What the farking fresh hell is going on here? We’re talking about MY opinion here. You can take my opinion to the bank. What’s wrong with you people?

Damn.
f

What is going on here is you outright condemn a motor as not being what the owner claims it is based upon some dyno testing he posted.
BUT
you offer absolutely no valid information to support your condemnation!

For example........
What I know about Dyno's would fit on the head of a pin if printed in large letters.
I keep my mouth shut.

If you don't know what you are talking about, just don't start talking.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
?Waldo?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Jennings Motor value Reply with quote

The following is just some factual statements that might or might not have any meaning.

The OP states that their engine is an RJE 2.3L WBX.

GoWesty states that their 2.3L WBX will produce peak 114 hp and 157 ft-lbs torque.

Typical drivetrain losses are 15%.

114 x 0.85 = 97

157 x 0.85 = 133.5

OP's posted peak hp is 85.5 and peak torque is 104.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Jennings Motor value Reply with quote

?Waldo? wrote:
The following is just some factual statements that might or might not have any meaning.

GoWesty states that their 2.3L WBX will produce peak 114 hp and 157 ft-lbs torque.

114 x 0.85 = 97

157 x 0.85 = 133.5

Thank you sir!

Dave

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Jennings Motor value Reply with quote

The RJE 2.3 I have experience with had port work on the head and a higher lift cam. I observed this engine being built by my friend who is a former VW/Porsche tech with a kit supplied by Rocky. As I mentioned before, I’ve driven both this van and another friend’s brand new 2.5 offbrand swap, and they felt roughly the same in power output. There’s no way the OP’s Dyno graph corresponds to a solid running RJE 2.3

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Jennings Motor value Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
The RJE 2.3 I have experience with had port work on the head and a higher lift cam. I observed this engine being built by my friend who is a former VW/Porsche tech with a kit supplied by Rocky. As I mentioned before, I’ve driven both this van and another friend’s brand new 2.5 offbrand swap, and they felt roughly the same in power output. There’s no way the OP’s Dyno graph corresponds to a solid running RJE 2.3

Well, there ya go. This engine might not have all those things mentioned. This is only the engine at hand, not the one your bud did.

As before, this engine will be 'on the market' for a while, and with all the data provided, will likely fetch less than half what the seller would want.

Just go easy on this feller, Z, its a waste of your brain cells.

-bobby
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Jennings Motor value Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:

Why didn’t you just mention this information at square one instead of replying with the defense crap you initially did?

Dave

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Jennings Motor value Reply with quote

I mentioned it in the tenth post of this entire thread. Plus, by now you should recognize that I rarely make a forceful assertion that isn’t done tongue and cheek.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Jennings Motor value Reply with quote

16CVs wrote:
I'd like to know more about what blewed up my Manitou's Transmission?

Stacy

Probably a bad Port Manitou. Try a Fonseca brand.
SurfaceRust
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Rocky Jennings Motor value Reply with quote

?Waldo? wrote:

114 x 0.85 = 97

157 x 0.85 = 133.5

For what its worth the GW motor numbers likely have their EFI system included. They claim that adds approx. 10hp and some torque as well. Without this you could guess the GW motor would make 87 whp which is very close to what the RJE dyno says
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: