Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

DMB at The Gorge Sept. 2nd-6th.. Who's going?!
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mathew Zelezen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject: DMB at The Gorge Sept. 2nd-6th.. Who's going?! Reply with quote

We've seen Dave Matthews at various venues all over the country but this is our first time camping at The Gorge Amphitheater. And we're super excited to go a concert after the dearth of shows for the past two years.

Anyone else going?

We'd love to meet up and make a little Vanagon Camp.
Otherwise look for the gray Vanagon with the wolf sticker.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: It might have been.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: DMB at The Gorge Sept. 2nd-6th.. Who's going?! Reply with quote

I've always wanted to see a show at The Gorge but haven't had the opportunity yet. On my list for sure. Have fun!

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mathew Zelezen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: DMB at The Gorge Sept. 2nd-6th.. Who's going?! Reply with quote

Thanks Joe T.
Hope you can make it too one day!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanuber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: DMB at The Gorge Sept. 2nd-6th.. Who's going?! Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:
I've always wanted to see a show at The Gorge but haven't had the opportunity yet. On my list for sure. Have fun!

Likewise. Phish at The Gorge is on my bucket list. But DMB would be awesome as well.

OP, hope you have fun!
'02 Subaru Forester 2.5L
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mathew Zelezen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: DMB at The Gorge Sept. 2nd-6th.. Who's going?! Reply with quote

Vanuber- Phish actually plays the week before. Very Happy

Vanuber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: DMB at The Gorge Sept. 2nd-6th.. Who's going?! Reply with quote

Mathew Zelezen wrote:
Vanuber- Phish actually plays the week before. Very Happy

I am all too aware Sad You should go early and catch them too!
'02 Subaru Forester 2.5L
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mckinleyvillian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: DMB at The Gorge Sept. 2nd-6th.. Who's going?! Reply with quote

Not a DMB fan but have enjoyed camping and dancing with GD related bands and Phish. The Gorge is a really beautiful venue, especially at sunset. I think it's best to get the middle tier camping- bottom tier is too wild/never stops and top tier isn't really much better than middle tier ime. I'd rather spend the funds on something else...

Anyhow, when I was last at the Gorge for Dead and (Slow)Co, getting into the actual venue for the shows was an awful experience and I generally really enjoy walking with the crowd and hanging with the fam. We got in line 2.5hours before the show and didn't get through the gates until the 2nd or third song. Live Nation or whatever runs the Gorge had an awful set up. There were additional lines one could pay an on the spot fee to enter through but they didn't seem to be moving much faster than the general turnstile area. It was like this all nights. It hadn't however, been so poorly managed on the other occasions I've spent at the Gorge. All I can recommend is bringing plenty of H20 and snacks for waiting in line. And if you plan to, how do we say, do some "buggin' out" for the show, catch the lay of the line before digging in- coming up with an hour+ longer to wait in a hot sardine can line/crowd was almost more intense than coming up and watching police lights outside the Boston Garden Shocked Shocked Shocked

Not tryna drop a bad vibration on your upcoming show, because I think it's pretty hard to have a bad time at the Gorge and hope you have a blast!
holdthewind2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: DMB at The Gorge Sept. 2nd-6th.. Who's going?! Reply with quote

1st.. Friends don't let Friends phish... gorge at George is a great venue for the view... would take an SCI incident at Hornings... is Hornings still a thing? Enjoy Dave, you will not regret the good times... there will be plenty of like minded vanagon owners along with mega yachts and everything else
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: DMB at The Gorge Sept. 2nd-6th.. Who's going?! Reply with quote

I know nothing of the bands in question. My last experience with the Gorge was during one or two Lollapalooza shows there back in the ancient '90s. Expect extreme heat this summer. George WA posted very high temps during our recent climate change related heat event.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
holdthewind2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: DMB at The Gorge Sept. 2nd-6th.. Who's going?! Reply with quote

oh... Lollapalooza... good times... when Maynard Keenan played early sets on the 2nd stage... at least at Meadows in PDX
holdthewind2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: DMB at The Gorge Sept. 2nd-6th.. Who's going?! Reply with quote

the last show at George i saw would be "the Dead" and Joan Osborne ... she can sing! Phil not so much Smile
Red Ryder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: DMB at The Gorge Sept. 2nd-6th.. Who's going?! Reply with quote

Anybody know if Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane are still touring?
Laughing

“Scarlett” — 1990 Vanagon Carat Wolfsburg Edition
Tornado Red
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: