Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1988 cabriolet brake booster
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject: 1988 cabriolet brake booster Reply with quote

I am restoring a 1988 cabriolet and am wanting to completely rebuild the brake system with all new stuff.

The problem I am having is finding a brake booster. I can find one for the earlier rabbit convertible, same body style, but nothing for the 88.

Will the earlier one work?

Thank you
Robert

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TornadoRed06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1988 cabriolet brake booster Reply with quote

Hum... what does it have now, 171 612 107, 155 612 107?

If so, you can fit the 191 612 107 or 357 612 107 that were in use on the Golf II and Passat.
Do you really need new? You can try reclaim a used one harvesting on the Golf II (191 612 107) or on the Passat (357 612 107). But, if it ain't broke, don't fix it Tony! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1988 cabriolet brake booster Reply with quote

I will need to check what I pulled off of it but there a lot of different versions with a letter suffix so it gets very confusing

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: