Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Euro metal dash question
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject: Euro metal dash question Reply with quote

I’m installing a euro metal dash in my 70 panel. My dash is flat with no cut out at the ignition housing but the bracket holes are wide with ears. I know the flat bottom dashes here in the states are 68-69 but to my knowledge the bracket holes were all narrow. What am I missing? Did 71 bus ignition housing go back to narrow bolt pattern like the 68-69 buses? Also on my euro dash there was no bracket spot welded on the top backside of the dash to secure the top of the air flow controls….and nothing looks to of been removed there??? Any help is greatly appreciated. Rolling Eyes
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Euro metal dash question Reply with quote

How late did the euro metal dash buses run the us early 68-69 version of the ignition housings???
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Euro metal dash question Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is what one fella called a mid year dash. Notice the bumps where the bracket mounts and flat bottom dash. The flat bottom tells me 68-69 ignition housing but the bracket holes tell a different story….any input???
metz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Euro metal dash question Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
Also on my euro dash there was no bracket spot welded on the top backside of the dash to secure the top of the air flow controls….and nothing looks to of been removed there???

Here's the back of my 68 euro dash if that helps.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Euro metal dash question Reply with quote

Helps a lot thank you. Mine did not have the bracket or any mounting spot for the top of the fresh air controls. The problem I’m having is it’s a flat bottom with late mounting holes for the bracket to body. No idea what ignition housing to use with no cut out on the dash face there….
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: